Sharia in Britain?!

Stuff that’s happening in the world that may pertain to our survival. Please keep political debates off the forum.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

gridley

Sharia in Britain?!

Post by gridley » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:03 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422661,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And Sharia may now be used to rule on DOMESTIC VIOLENCE cases?!!?

OK, at the moment this is just a toehold. But I can't help but think about how dangerous a toehold has proven to be in history, especially in a precedent-based (for now) legal system.

Compared to a 500 point drop in the Dow this may not seem like a big thing today, but I think five years from now it will matter a whole lot more (unless, as I sincerely pray to whatever gods may be listening, it is overturned).
That which doesn't kill me makes me stranger.
dogbane wrote:Former Soviet Republics: Betcha can't eat just one!
Chef wrote:Steal with a gun, go to jail. Steal with a pen, get a bailout.
Gridley - preparing for the Robot Alien Terrorist Zombies (RATZ) since 2007.

Cyborg
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, obviously.

Re: Sharia in Britain?!

Post by Cyborg » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:05 pm

At the moment it's only used in Civil cases and not criminal ones and then both parties must consent to being tried by a sharia court.
Strategic Intelligence Officer
UK Chapter.
ZS:X

gridley

Post by gridley » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:06 pm

BoneDoc wrote:At the moment it's only used in Civil cases and not criminal ones and then both parties must consent to being tried by a sharia court.
True. Just a toehold, as I said.

Much like Utah Beach, for example.

OhioMe

Post by OhioMe » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:06 pm

w/o violating the 'no politics/religion' rules... it is my personal feeling a nation can only have one set of law for ALL of its citizens.
German Serial Killer Who Hacks Heads Off Rabbits Uses Google Earth to Find Victims
DavePAL84 wrote:If you guys bring an old t-shirt or two each it would also be beneficial (maybe something you don't mind being perforated with bullets and then thrown out?)
BeerandGuns wrote:.25 ACP. It took down Zombie Reaper and he's a bad a** motherf****r

Mad_Maxx

Post by Mad_Maxx » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:07 pm

BoneDoc wrote:At the moment it's only used in Civil cases and not criminal ones and then both parties must consent to being tried by a sharia court.
"Agree woman, or i will kill you" *rolls eyes* This shit has got to be put a stop to...
Umbrella Corporation - International Biological Solutions
Vampire wrote:Norway is great. Just sit on a deserted mountaintop, and if a zombie happens to stumble upon you trow rocks at him until he rolls all the way down. :)

gridley

Post by gridley » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:09 pm

OhioMe wrote:w/o violating the 'no politics/religion' rules... it is my personal feeling a free nation can only have one set of law for ALL of its citizens.
Fixed that for ya.

+100

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:10 pm

It does.

This is an arbitration meeting, not a court. None of the normal British laws are challenged by this.

It's not the big story it looks like.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

JägerZ

Post by JägerZ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:17 pm

It's big enough, IMHO. I'm afraid that the British Govt has completely gone round the bend.
"Running isn't a plan, running is what you do when a plan fails!" - E. Bassett
"My mommy always said there were no monsters, no real ones, but there are."

KeeblerNinjaClan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness

Post by KeeblerNinjaClan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:11 pm

:D :) :shock: :? :evil:

Seriously, who thought that this would be a good idea? They need to be smacked. This sets a bad precedent for the US.
Guns, Gear and Guy stuff
JibbaJabba wrote:Bottom line - you don't want stupid shit happening to you, don't do stupid shit in stupid places at a stupid time.

Ovationman

Post by Ovationman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 pm

Yea sounds like a bad idea all around. Looks like the British government is avoiding yet another problem.

KeeblerNinjaClan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness

Post by KeeblerNinjaClan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Sorta. They may not have rocked the boat, but they are steering it into a bloody hurricane.
Guns, Gear and Guy stuff
JibbaJabba wrote:Bottom line - you don't want stupid shit happening to you, don't do stupid shit in stupid places at a stupid time.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 pm

JägerZ wrote:It's big enough, IMHO. I'm afraid that the British Govt has completely gone round the bend.
This is what drove you over the edge? You must have missed the whole pointy knives thing.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:56 pm

crypto wrote:
JägerZ wrote:It's big enough, IMHO. I'm afraid that the British Govt has completely gone round the bend.
This is what drove you over the edge? You must have missed the whole pointy knives thing.
Yeah I was going to say, "How did this come as a surprise to you?"
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:45 am

We also have law's like this for Jew's (the Beth Din), and Christian's, of various stripes (the eclesiastical court's). I don't like it, and I don't like the other religious court's, but it's only giving muslim's equal parity with other loonies.... Sorry, believer's.

I don't like this, I don't approve it, and I think it is a step in the wrong direction, because there are people, particularly women, coerced, by their community and familey, into following sharia law, even if they do not wish to, because it has 'legal' status.

Also, this set's up an offical line on what and what is not offically Sharia Law in the UK. Again, Bad Idea.

However, if we look at the beth din, or the Christian court's, we don't see them being used as precedent for more Faith Based Law's. If you wanted to implement faith based law's in the UK, you need mearly to form a political party, or join your own. If Muslim's managed to unite behind one candidate and decided to vote him into power, at current population growth rates, it's what 30 odd years untill they could? unless everyone else united to vote someone else in?

Fortunately, most Muslim's don't want to live under sharia law.
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 am

This still presents plenty of problems
The Times wrote:Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through the county courts or High Court.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

There are concerns that women who agree to go to tribunal courts are getting worse deals because Islamic law favours men
What if one person decides to change their faith after the ruling? How old does one have to be to actually understand the implications of being tried under sharia law? 13? 15?

Its worrying stuff.
Man is a beast of prey

NORTHERN RAIDER
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later

Post by NORTHERN RAIDER » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:11 am

Ad'lan wrote: However, if we look at the beth din, or the Christian court's, we don't see them being used as precedent for more Faith Based Law's. If you wanted to implement faith based law's in the UK, you need mearly to form a political party, or join your own. If Muslim's managed to unite behind one candidate and decided to vote him into power, at current population growth rates, it's what 30 odd years untill they could? unless everyone else united to vote someone else in?

Yet while we appease an ever more militant islam in the UK, including allowing extremists who preach hatred towards the west,to remain, many living on state benefits, We are deporting our loyal and brave Gurka veterans back to Nepal after they have served with honour in our forces.
I and an Englishman and an army veteran with over 20 years service, and I am utterly ashamed to be British :( . It is a matter of survivalism to acknowledge that the current regime in the UK is utterly hostile to the traditional British way of life, we must prepare I feel for more extremmist acts by a certain ethnic group who are gaining an unfair advantage in the UK.
A Dog is not just for Christmas, the Cold cuts will last until New Year.
Be alert, Lerts dont have accidents.

NORTHERN RAIDER

Post by NORTHERN RAIDER » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:14 am

[/quote]

What if one person decides to change their faith after the ruling? How old does one have to be to actually understand the implications of being tried under sharia law? 13? 15?

Its worrying stuff.[/quote]

Oh thats very clear, there was a TV documentary about this on channel 4 last week, They filmed various musil clerics (Immans etc) preaching that any muslim leaving their faith must be killed.

Theres more than a few muslim girls in the UK who have lost their lives in recent years because they have wanted to date none muslims.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 am

the_alias wrote:What if one person decides to change their faith after the ruling? How old does one have to be to actually understand the implications of being tried under sharia law? 13? 15?

Its worrying stuff.
The second I don't know, but for now, once you agree, you agree, dosn't matter if you change your faith later.

Except, of course, to the Sharia Court, which will be very biased against you if it comes back to them, what with you being an infidel and all now.

I would like to go on a rant about why arn't we worried about the elesiastical court's and the beth din?

But I won't, cos It'd break the rules.
My Guide to Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:26 am

NORTHERN RAIDER wrote:

Its worrying stuff.

Oh thats very clear, there was a TV documentary about this on channel 4 last week, They filmed various musil clerics (Immans etc) preaching that any muslim leaving their faith must be killed.

Theres more than a few muslim girls in the UK who have lost their lives in recent years because they have wanted to date none muslims.
Oh I am well aware of these facts, was just using a hammer instead of a sledge hammer ;) :lol:
but for now, once you agree, you agree, dosn't matter if you change your faith later.
Which is terrible, my mind is free to me, I can change my beliefs as should other people. A faith based legal system does not take this into account!
Man is a beast of prey

NORTHERN RAIDER

Post by NORTHERN RAIDER » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:30 am

Ad'lan wrote:[
I would like to go on a rant about why arn't we worried about the elesiastical court's and the beth din?

But I won't, cos It'd break the rules.
Possibly because the C of E and Jewish communities have no desire to destroy or change our culture from its normal north european roots, I have yet to see a Vicar, or Father, Pastor, or whatever the jewish dudes are called campaign for a holy way against western society. Judaism, Christianity, Buddism, Sikhism, Jedi Knights, Hari Krishnans etc are not a clear and present threat to our way of life, Sadly extreme Islam very much is.

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:58 am

And Now I've broken the rule's, replying to that post. PM sent instead.
My Guide to Fletching

andygates
Favorite Zombie Movies: ROTLD 2 ;)

Post by andygates » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:57 am

I did a little digging and in fact, sharia-based arbitration's been around as long as we've had Muslim communities, so this is even less of a story than it looks.

Those beth din arbitration arrangements, for example, have been ruling on contracts in a way that us goyim wouldn't grasp or agree, but all within the context of the law.

So, we have arbitration groups for various faiths, and none of them override the law of the land. We've had 'em for some time. That's the facts.

Anything more is political opinion and I think this thread is heading for a lock if it continues thus.
Czechnology: "If you have to ask an internet forum for confirmation on whether or not a Revolution is coming, the answer is always no."

Free UK & Ireland Street and Topo maps for Garmin: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps (updated weekly) - OpenStreetMap

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:07 am

Czechnology wrote:
crypto wrote:
Yeah I was going to say, "How did this come as a surprise to you?"
People said the same thing when the Mayflower GTFO of the UK.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

llivne

Post by llivne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:16 am

here in Israel there is something similar (only according to Jewish religion instead of Muslim one) on certain civilian cases (such as divorce), so i know what I'm talking about when i say no good will come of this.
truth matters god doesn't and life sucks ~ house

for the hell of it

Return to “Disasters in Current Events”