's request, I'm going to organize an Internet conference call for interested parties to discuss ZSARC. For this conference, we'll use the Skype VoIP application, which can support a conference call with up to 25 participants.
The tentative date for the conference call will be: Friday, April 11
The tentative time of the call will be: 9:00pm EDT (GMT -4)
Expected duration of the call: 60 minutes
If you would like to suggest an alternate schedule, please PM me with a date and time. We'll go with the consensus.
Skype is a free
, very user-friendly application which allows voice and video conferencing with other Skype users, using a computer and the Internet. Skype is cross-platform, easy to install, will work around most firewalls, and provides good quality voice and video communication.
What you need to use Skype:
1. A computer. There's a Skype version for Windows, Linux, and Mac, so that should cover most of us.
2. An Internet connection. Skype may work over 56k dial-up, but ideally, you'll want to have ISDN, DSL, or cable Internet.
3. A microphone. Fer talkin'.
4. Speakers or headphones. Fer listnin'.
How to get Skype and get started:
1. Go to Skype.com
. Click on "Download." The site should point you to the right version based on your operating system.
2. Download the Skype application. Windows users, run the downloaded program. The installation Wizard will walk you through the setup. For Mac users, drag the Skype application to your Applications folder. Linux users -- hey, if you're smart enough to use Linux, you should be smart enough to figure out how to install it. In fact, why are you even reading this part?
3. Once it's installed, run Skype. If you don't have a Skype account, the Create Account wizard will walk you through setting one up. It's fast, and you don't need to give a bunch of personal information. As a suggestion, you might want to use your ZS forum name, or some variation thereof, in order to prevent confusion on the call. For example, the Skype account I'm using for this conference is hatch.zs
4. After you've created your Skype account, Skype will launch and log in with your new account. You're now ready to call!
To join the conference call:
1. Once you've created your Skype account, send me the Skype name via PM. Please do this no less than 24 hours prior
to the conference -- at this time, no later than 9:00pm EDT Thursday, April 10.
2. 24 hours prior to the conference, I'll post the attendance to this thread. If you sent me a PM and you're not on the list please let me know
via PM. I will be using that list to start the conference, so if you're not on it, you won't get called.
3. Login to Skype at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled conference.
4. I will start the call promptly at the scheduled time. All you have to do is answer the phone when Skype rings.
Prior to the conference call, I'll try to post an agenda to this thread for us to work from.
I hope to speak to many of you very soon.
3d6. That's how I roll.