Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Firearms Chat: Yeet Cannon 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:03 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 pm
That's kind of neat, but the grip looks a bit on the small side to me.
I've got an old .45 Ruger Vaquero with that birds head grip. It's actually fairly comfortable....they make a .44 mag version, but I don't think that one would be as much fun to shoot.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm

I'm kinda diggin' the 10mm/.40 GP100 with the 5 inch half lug barrel....

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:03 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I've got an old .45 Ruger Vaquero with that birds head grip. It's actually fairly comfortable....they make a .44 mag version, but I don't think that one would be as much fun to shoot.
It may just be the angle of the gun in the picture that makes me think the grip is small, to be honest. It may be larger than I think.

And that half lug barreled GP100 does look pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of the old Security or Service Six Ruger used to make.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:59 pm
I admit it, I'm a life-long Ruger fanboy. I have several SA & DA Ruger revolvers, including an old 3-screw .357 Blackhawk I got when I was sixteen....but I can't decide if I like this one or not. :ooh:

I love it!!!!

If they had that when I bought my normal BH convertible, I'd own that. Not a fan of the standard square butt grip.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:40 pm

RickOShea wrote:
I admit it, I'm a life-long Ruger fanboy. I have several SA & DA Ruger revolvers, including an old 3-screw .357 Blackhawk I got when I was sixteen....but I can't decide if I like this one or not. :ooh:

Of all the gun makers out there, Ruger has consistently got my attention over the last few years. I have always been most excited about their products. Except when 9x39 was coming to the US. I'm still excited about that.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:32 am

RickOShea wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm
I'm kinda diggin' the 10mm/.40 GP100 with the 5 inch half lug barrel....

Must. Have. That. Revolver.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:21 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I've got a bird's head grip single action in 327 and it's not a bad grip overall. It really helps it roll in your hand under recoil. I much prefer it to the Bisley grip, which puts my hand in a position where there trigger guard bangs my knuckle when I fire it. Which sucks because the bisley grip is sexy as hell.

I'm glad to see Ruger continue to roll out new products in their single action line.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Massada

Post by Massada » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm

Just picked up a CZ 550 American safari magnum in 375 h &h magnum. Just in case there is a Zombie hiding behind a fridge and 2 houses lol.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:44 pm

Massada wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm
Just picked up a CZ 550 American safari magnum in 375 h &h magnum. Just in case there is a Zombie hiding behind a fridge and 2 houses lol.
:mrgreen:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:11 am

I have a .375 Ruger Alaskan.

.223 has around 4 foot-pounds of recoil and a recoil velocity around 6 feet per second. The .308 is around 15 foot-pounds and 12 FPS. The .375 has over 40 foot-pounds at 17 FPS.

[Sarcasm] The .375 is a fun gun to shoot, especially from the bench. [/Sarcasm]

Massada

Post by Massada » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am

Yeah, she has some kick. Plus ammo is about 3 bucks a round. However, it hits with around 4000 pounds of energy.

Massada

Post by Massada » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:06 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:50 pm
RickOShea wrote:

I love it!!!!

If they had that when I bought my normal BH convertible, I'd own that. Not a fan of the standard square butt grip.
I've got a Taylor and Company Smoke wagon in .357 and live it.

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:24 am

Massada wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:01 am
Yeah, she has some kick. Plus ammo is about 3 bucks a round. However, it hits with around 4000 pounds of energy.
For those days you need to stop a truck in it's tracks ;)

I have a friend who loves his .375. He loves the kick and boom.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 am

Massada wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:53 pm
That sounds like a lot of fun!

I ordered a 10.5" 50 Beowulf pistol upper that was on sale. Curious to see what that's like in a small gun. It will make a great firearm to use in Missouri's alternative deer season that allows for pistols.

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 am

TFB - CMMG Introduces 5.7 AR Kits & Guns

CMMG have launched their new 5.7 AR conversion kit, individual parts and pistols. The CMMG MK4 5.7 Upper and a 40 round conversion mag will allow any AR-15 to be converted to chamber 5.7x28mm in seconds. The new conversion kits and pistols follow on from the Banshee Mk57 5.7×28 pistol released in 2018, which used the radial delayed blowback action, but fed from FN Five-Seven mags.

With the recent launch of Ruger’s 5.7 pistol and the new Speer Gold Dot 5.7x28mm Self-Defense Ammunition it really does seem like 2020 might be the most exciting year for 5.7x28s since it was introduced nearly 30 years ago! I wonder what other 5.7 products we might see at SHOT 2020.

Massada

Post by Massada » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:51 am

Here in Ohio we can only use straight walled cartridges for deer hunting uggg.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:20 am

RickOShea wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 am
TFB - CMMG Introduces 5.7 AR Kits & Guns

CMMG have launched their new 5.7 AR conversion kit, individual parts and pistols. The CMMG MK4 5.7 Upper and a 40 round conversion mag will allow any AR-15 to be converted to chamber 5.7x28mm in seconds. The new conversion kits and pistols follow on from the Banshee Mk57 5.7×28 pistol released in 2018, which used the radial delayed blowback action, but fed from FN Five-Seven mags.

With the recent launch of Ruger’s 5.7 pistol and the new Speer Gold Dot 5.7x28mm Self-Defense Ammunition it really does seem like 2020 might be the most exciting year for 5.7x28s since it was introduced nearly 30 years ago! I wonder what other 5.7 products we might see at SHOT 2020.

I liked the P90 AR version. AR-57, between 600 - 800 for the upper IIRC.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm

Dear Herd:

Is the KelTec RDB worth the price?

Thank you.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:25 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 pm
Dear Herd:

Thank you.
It doesn't matter if we think it is or isn't, it only matters what you think. It's your money after all.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who would pervert the Constitution. - A. Lincoln

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:44 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Dear Herd:

Thank you.
If you want a fun gun to shoot? Sure! I enjoyed the few rounds of .308 (RFB) I got to send down range.

If you want a task oriented gun (a "work horse" gun), then what are the task and requirements? It is possible to the RDB is the best gun for that task. And if you don't have any others which could fill that hole, then it makes sense to me to get one!

On the other hand, a good friend is talking about getting a Tavor X95. Considering the reasons he wants one (his requirements), I suggested a M&P 15, support equipment, ammo, and a training course could all be had for the same money. And if he still needs a X95 in 3 years, he will be in a better place to afford one, and have a bunch of accessories he can use with it and training to boot!

I know this story is not 100% applicable to your situation, but that is the decision path I have been on in trying to decide what I need and what I can wait on. I hope this might have helped! :)

Genuinely, I try to take to heart one of my old signature lines: " 'better' is the enemy of 'good enough.' " And when I have strayed from that in my prepping journey, I have *at times* been happy with the results. I haven't stopped looking though! ;)

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:02 am

Thank you NT & Woods.

I asked because I am thinking of switching over to bullpups. I have no experience with them, which prompted the question.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:25 am

MPMalloy wrote:
It's a lot cheaper than a Steyr! I enjoy bullpups myself. Value is a very personal thing though, that's up to you to score.

- Mark Twain

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:50 am

An interesting article....kinda long, so bring snacks. It's by no means exhaustive, but still offers some decent info.

Pew Pew Tactical - [Study] Home Defense Overpenetration: Shotgun, Handgun, Rifle

In this article, I will be discussing over-penetration with 12-gauge shotgun loads, 9mm and .45 ACP handguns, and finally 5.56 NATO/.223, and .300 BLK AR-15s.

To simulate a real home, I made 2’x2’ frames with 2″x4″ studs and then sheeted them with 3/8″ drywall on each side to simulate an interior wall. I also built a simulated exterior wall by framing a 2’x4′ wall sheeted in 3/8″ drywall and 1/2″ plywood on the exterior side. Inside of the exterior wall, R13 insulation was added for added realism.

A card table was placed with a 12″ long 10% ballistic gel block 12 inches in front of the interior wall panel. This 12″ of ballistic gel is used to simulate an intruder’s chest cavity. The gel was calibrated per FBI specs for 10% ballistic gel and can be found at Clear Ballistics.

Ten feet behind the interior wall, the exterior wall was placed. All shots were taken 10 feet away from the 12″ ballistic gel “torso”. If a round made it through the gel and both walls, it failed the test for over-penetration. A “clean miss” was also shot with every load to test over-penetration when the shot did not encounter the ballistic gel block....

Example:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:39 pm

Thank you. :D

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”