Articles of Interest at the "American Partisan" site

A place for prepping related news stories, video channel links, podcasts, and other media not covered elsewhere in the forums

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Articles of Interest at the "American Partisan" site

Post by teotwaki » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:29 pm

Please follow the link for the full article

https://www.americanpartisan.org/2018/1 ... n-in-cuba/

Joint Sino-Russian Military Base To Reopen in Cuba

Posted by NC Scout | Nov 18, 2018 |

The Russians have made public their plans to reopen the Lourdes Intelligence Station, according to multiple outlets including the Guardian, the BBC, and the UK Star. The Intelligence facility, located adjacent to Havana, was once the largest foreign site the USSR occupied. While the base was used for multiple purposes, it most notably housed equipment for signals intelligence collection purposesand active jamming.

AND

The Russians are not alone in their rekindled interests in Cuba. The Chinese are there also. The base in Lourdes is also home to Chinese interests since at least 1999, according to globalsecurity.org. Noted in the article:

In mid-1999, it was reported that the main Chinese intelligence collection facilities in Cuba were located northeast of Santiago de Cuba and in Bejucal, in the province of Havana [located at 22°55’43″N 082°23’19″E ]. Reportedly China signed an agreement in 2000 with the Cuban government to use Cuba’s satellite intercept facility at Bejucal, southwest of Havana. The facility, located near the Russian facility at Lourdes, was built in the early 1990’s with Russian equipment.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Re: Articles of Interest at the "American Partisan" site

Post by Beowolf » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 am

The significance of this being, in the context of prepping...? I'm asking earnestly, not sarcastically.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:34 am

I think this shows increasing tensions between the US and Russian/China. And the potential for comms disruption by foreign powers. One should probably plan accordingly.

Just what I'm seeing as "prep related info."
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:39 am

Beowolf wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:26 am
The significance of this being, in the context of prepping...? I'm asking earnestly, not sarcastically.

No problem at all. Folks prep for nuclear war and keep an eye on developments with America's enemies. A.K.A. Situational Awareness

Prepping for things like nuclear fallout, EMP and Red Dawn :ohdear: :mrgreen:

Cuba was once a flashpoint that almost lead to war. While located in Cuba the Russian military can more easily jam GPS, launch short range missiles and spy on communications.

In case you hadn't noticed there are also extensive threads on developments in the South China Sea as well as about the North Koreans' antics.

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Yes, but the Lourdes site has little (nothing) to do with nuclear or military weaponry. That's more why I was asking what the significance was on this. I suppose if the 'active jamming' report is accurate, then maybe there's some significance for US defensive activities, but...

Appreciate the response.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

woodsghost

Post by woodsghost » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm

Beowolf wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm
Yes, but the Lourdes site has little (nothing) to do with nuclear or military weaponry. That's more why I was asking what the significance was on this. I suppose if the 'active jamming' report is accurate, then maybe there's some significance for US defensive activities, but...

Appreciate the response.
What about jamming radio, cell phone, or internet/wifi access? Especially if combined with other attacks. Maybe hacking and infrastructure attacks?
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:14 pm

woodsghost wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:17 pm
What about jamming radio, cell phone, or internet/wifi access? Especially if combined with other attacks. Maybe hacking and infrastructure attacks?

I could see them jamming the uplinks to satellites but cell and wifi signals on the US Mainland are over 225 miles away and harder to disrupt from Cuba

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:38 pm

If you recall at the US Embassy in Cuba our diplomats were attacked with microwaves that cause neurological issues.

I do not believe in coincidences.

At the time I thought it was odd choose that location for the sort of attack.

However there is clearly more going on in Cuba than meets the eye.

Return to “Prepping News”