Battlefield 4

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

R_C_S

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by R_C_S » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:31 pm

I got to first place in my area for Skill points today

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:10 am

Congrats on the skill stat :clap: , you've got a lot of BF4 players in your immediate AO. If I zoom to city/county level I'm the lone survivor. But that's PS3 not PC.

Google profiles look the same as yours on mine. :?:

Shows a separate thing for youtube and gmail just like yours.

[FYI this derail is related to finding the youtube account by typing the address youtube.com/macwa77ace and having the page come up. Which it won't for me but does for R_C_S. Typing youtube.com/messruppr redirects to his page]
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:24 pm

I played some more last night and it went down to 394 :oh: So I'm second, again. BUT, as always, I have tons of fun. It's really cool how many gun enthusiasts are on. I was talking to one guy about which AR he should get last night (of course, they're on every console, but the chatbox on PC allows us to communicate better).

I'd send an email to Youtube and ask what's up. (I thought I was sending a PM, not posting in the thread. Sorry for the derailment.)

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:03 pm

R_C_S wrote:I played some more last night and it went down to 394 :oh: So I'm second, again. BUT, as always, I have tons of fun. It's really cool how many gun enthusiasts are on. I was talking to one guy about which AR he should get last night (of course, they're on every console, but the chatbox on PC allows us to communicate better).

I'd send an email to Youtube and ask what's up. (I thought I was sending a PM, not posting in the thread. Sorry for the derailment.)
A 16 point skill drop? Phhhht. I'm good at Air Superiority but suck at any infantry only mode. Played Defuse where there are no respawns in that game mode, and/or TDM mode or any other straight up infantry mode and my skillz drop like a rock. 420 to 150 in a couple hours? [If I can grab a vehicle of any kind I can slow the slide] The good thing about being good at a game mode is that after sucking my skill down to 150 or so I just have to finish up by playing a few rds of AS and get right back up to my usual.

I do play with 'aim assist' off though. [that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it]

And here's one for ya, the number one guy in the USA in Jet Kills, GTMN, just PM'd me and asked if I wanted him to jump off the USA leaderboard so I could be #1. I'm currently >100 from #2 USA Jet Kills on PS3.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:35 pm

MacWa77ace wrote: And here's one for ya, the number one guy in the USA in Jet Kills, GTMN, just PM'd me and asked if I wanted him to jump off the USA leaderboard so I could be #1. I'm currently >100 from #2 USA Jet Kills on PS3.
Wow! What a guy. He has twice as many points as you do, though. It looks like it'll take some doing. What did you say?

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:25 pm

R_C_S wrote:
MacWa77ace wrote: And here's one for ya, the number one guy in the USA in Jet Kills, GTMN, just PM'd me and asked if I wanted him to jump off the USA leaderboard so I could be #1. I'm currently >100 from #2 USA Jet Kills on PS3.
Wow! What a guy. He has twice as many points as you do, though. It looks like it'll take some doing. What did you say?
I said no thanks. I thought it would feel like winning by forfeit. It was a weird offer, even though we've been PSN and Origin friends for a while now.

I did make it to a firm second in USA today. 7429 jet kills. That should put me at #25 in the world for jet kills but the world leaderboard doesn't update fast so I'm still showing 7291 from this morning @ #27.

Lifetime gamer watch at:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:48 am

I've been having fun flying lately. I'm past the point of not dying just because I crashed the damn things and have gotten pretty good with helicopters. I'm to the point of needing to just level them more to get better weapons and defense to get better k/d.

Still such a fun game.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:57 pm

TheLastOne wrote:I've been having fun flying lately. I'm past the point of not dying just because I crashed the damn things and have gotten pretty good with helicopters. I'm to the point of needing to just level them more to get better weapons and defense to get better k/d.

Still such a fun game.
Yes still fun and I have a ton more to do; I'm still trying to unlock everything for the AA Vehicles, and need 14 more kills with the bombing raid to complete one assignment. That's what I've started on now, intentionally doing assignments. Frickin' hard, I've accidentally gotton a bunch of them, but to pick one and do it, sheeze. The one I'm working on now is where you have to have 3 sniper rifle ribbons, then get a kill with a DMR, shotgun, and C4 in a round. Challenging.

Award requirements
Reach rank 10
China Rising
Sniper Rifle ribbon x3
Get a kill with a shotgun in a round
Get a kill with a DMR in a round
Get a kill with C4 in a round

I'd say your best defensive gadget is piloting. And I totally agree that once you don't have to think about the controls while flying its all fun from there. Next you'll instinctively know your orientation from the ground/mountains and be able to use them as escape maneuvers and cover etc. And your position relative to ground and air targets so you can turn and come out of it with them in your sights. After that you'll be able to recover from mobility hits [that uncontrollable spiral/spin you get from being hit by missiles] which is actually controllable.

BTW I'm now numero uno USA PS3 Jet Kills, by default. [GTMN left the USA leaderboard] Still #6 in AS score in the World.

Wow I went up almost 500 from that last leaderboard post on 12/30/14.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:52 pm

Congratulations, MAC!

Once I started grinding Assignments, my skill dropped like mad. Be watchful.

Is there a way to bind buttons for piloting choppers? I suck in BF4, but I love using the Buzzard in Far Cry 4! I'd like to change the keys.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Thanks
Yep, again I went from 450 to 130, then edged up to 180 ish [Didn't finish up with AS rds this time] so I agree completely. Kept on gettin' killed using a shotgun on longrange maps or trying to place C4 on the vehicles, etc. You tend to take extra risks doing assignments so you can get them done in one round.

On PC there should be. On PS3 there is but they only change them in up in preset groups, so you have to choose a group that you like. I hated the default jet/helo setup so I changed it in BF4 to be as close to BF3 setups as possible. I think I remember Doctor Fabulous saying he had a 5 or 7 button mouse that he mapped some controls to it. Maybe ask him.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm

best round i've had, don't look at accuracy :clownshoes: :lol:

I'm trying to bang out phantom tags so I can get the bow for no good reason. Most kills I've ever had in a game and I maxed out attack heli's too. I was flying transport like a mad man. Full teams on board, doing the mad dive to awesome parking job on flags to capture, pretty much not obeying physics the whole game. First time I've ever finished first too.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:19 am

Nice. Don't you love it when that 'New Personal Best' notification pops up?
And I really enjoy door gunning for helo pilots that do that stuff and can appreciate their skill. Personally I've never gotten above 7% accuracy on any chain gun BTW.

I've been killed by the bow quite a few times now. Very annoying to know that someone can switch to their secondary, one shot 'bow', and kill me, makes me feel like I'm moving in 'slow mo'. Almost as humiliating as getting knifed.

Are you telling us that that was your first MVP ribbon? :shock:

MVP's = 371
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:05 am

We can't all be jet-fighting aces, brah :crazy:

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:00 pm

LOL, I'm gonna play it for all its worth. 8-)

My BF3 MVP ribbons over a 2 year tour. Image
13 MVP
16 MVP2
25 MVP3

And you're one year in and have 6. Wait, that's PC for you, so that's like one a month right? Plus you have 10 on XOne and 4 on 360. Don't be humble closet colonel.

They don't do MVP twos and threes in BF4 do they?
Lifetime gamer watch at:

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Yep my first mvp :clownshoes: :clap:

Seriously, if I break 15 kills a map I'm doing good for me. I get most of my points from spots, captures, resupplies etc. I don't know why they ruined assault and made it pointless to revive or heal. I liked that class a lot too. My fav and best class is snipey, and there just aren't that many points to be had (especially with me behind the gun :rofl: ). But I live for the miracle headshots on idiots on the run and lazing targets.

I battlefield-pick-up'd the bow a few times. It's pretty fun, but definitely more of a snipe weapon. I think it would be cool to have on hand.

I accidentally flashbanged instead of knifed a tag box last week :vmad: first one I've seen and haven't gotten a tag yet.
Team Beards&Irons 2013

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:01 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:LOL, I'm gonna play it for all its worth. 8-)

My BF3 MVP ribbons over a 2 year tour. Image
13 MVP
16 MVP2
25 MVP3

And you're one year in and have 6. Wait, that's PC for you, so that's like one a month right? Plus you have 10 on XOne and 4 on 360. Don't be humble closet colonel.

They don't do MVP twos and threes in BF4 do they?
Who, me?

Haha. I forgot I had ever played on 360 or X1, to be honest.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:14 am

TheLastOne wrote:Yep my first mvp :clownshoes: :clap:

Seriously, if I break 15 kills a map I'm doing good for me. I get most of my points from spots, captures, resupplies etc. I don't know why they ruined assault and made it pointless to revive or heal. I liked that class a lot too. My fav and best class is snipey, and there just aren't that many points to be had (especially with me behind the gun :rofl: ). But I live for the miracle headshots on idiots on the run and lazing targets.

I battlefield-pick-up'd the bow a few times. It's pretty fun, but definitely more of a snipe weapon. I think it would be cool to have on hand.

I accidentally flashbanged instead of knifed a tag box last week :vmad: first one I've seen and haven't gotten a tag yet.
Sawweeett!

LOL, the other day, like an idiot, I was trying to get into position to launch an SUAV on a sniper that was giving me grief. So I'm running in the open when a tank spots me so I back track and hide behind this rock and since I spotted the rock the sniper was near I just launched the SUAV from there. Bad idea. The tank just rolled up and blasted me. He probably got the same tingly feeling you get when headshotting those idiots lazing targets.

My underlying goal for each round is to get a positive K/D ratio and/or be in the top 5 on my team. [On PS3 there are only 12 per team so that’s just above 50% team rank] But a positive K/D ratio also helps with the skill numbers; ‘cause a 5/1 or 5/0 K/D ratio or greater gives you the max K/D component on the skill calculation. SPM, and KPM’s are other components. So yeah, getting a lot of kills in a game can also make your skill go up. [My main goal is fun though.]

Yeah, in BF3 I used to run Assualt with Defib and Med Bag on the small urban maps and get really high scores by just taking care of my guys in the choke points on Metro and Grand Bazar. 100 points a revive, I could revive dudes faster than I could ever kill dudes. BF3 over 1,100 revives and almost 20,000 heals total.

What is a ‘tag box’ and where do you find them?
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:31 am

They're part of that Phantom Bow assignment, aren't they? They're dog tags you find around the new maps, and when you find them all you get yourself and at least four other guys wearing different dogtags (that they found in the new maps) and go to some elevator to unlock the Phantom Bow or something.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:44 am

R_C_S wrote:They're part of that Phantom Bow assignment, aren't they? They're dog tags you find around the new maps, and when you find them all you get yourself and at least four other guys wearing different dogtags (that they found in the new maps) and go to some elevator to unlock the Phantom Bow or something.
That is freaking complicated. Did someone have to figure that out like the Megalodon easter egg or was there some sort of instruction with the assignment?
For guys with the same tag or are they different tags?
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:35 pm

This had to all be figured out. Some DICE guys dropped hints on Twitter and Reddit, however.
And it's you and four other guys (if I recall correctly), for a total of 5, all with different tags.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:50 pm

I want to say 4 ppl but I don't know that. You also have to unlock all the previous Phantom game tags to play I think too. (Why I'm grinding LMG with c4)

They actually figured this one out way faster than the other 2 tags. The vid I watched on youtube on how they figured it out called out the guy who did as 'if he didn't figure out this one bit, who knows how long it would have taken'. It was seriously complicated. Let's maybe get these fuckers figuring out how to fix some serious problems???
Team Beards&Irons 2013

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:08 pm

Do you have the link to the youtube vid or the title for a YT search?. I'd like to watch that.

What does a tag box look like? Do you think they have them in the campaign, there are quite a few campaign tags I never got. I always thought you had to take them from someone you knifed.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:33 pm

JackFrags did a video on it. <--Clickable, if you couldn't tell.

R_C_S

Post by R_C_S » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:52 am

So this happened to me

Can anyone relate?

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”