What Have You fixed to Eat Lately?

Discuss lifestyle changes to better survive disasters. This category is for topics pertaining to being self reliant such as DIY, farming, alternative energy, autonomous solutions to water collection and waste removal, etc.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

What Have You fixed to Eat Lately?

Post by Stercutus » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:03 pm

This morning for breakfast we had fresh Gouda cheese, egg omelets with venison sausage and some garden veggies. Also some fresh off the bush blueberries. I think if the PAW happened in the summer our diet would not change much except all the going out to eat.

The Gouda cheese was store bought but we can make our own cheese if it came down to it.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

buck85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Apocalypse Now

Re: What Have You fixed to Eat Lately?

Post by buck85 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:28 pm

Been picking blueberries and blackberries,vegetable from the garden,no home grow /caught meat. When thing get cool, rabbits are my next project.
If you know who you are, you can, then know other people.

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Before Off Topic contributors and their posts are "burned to the ground" as stated by 'The Powers That Be', I have decided to take action and remove the 6,747 unwelcome posts contributed by me in the past 7 years.

My apologies to forum members for any inconvenience this may cause. This is the 4th time it's been threatened and I'm too old and tired to fight it again.
Bless you.
Last edited by ZombieGranny on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

buck85
Favorite Zombie Movies: Apocalypse Now

Post by buck85 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:10 pm

If you know who you are, you can, then know other people.

If you have faith, chaos will turn into order.

Let them hate...So long as they fear!

In the absence of light darkness will prevail

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:18 pm

Pasta "Caprese" - fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil, garlic, tossed with olive oil over pasta. Can't grow the olive oil but I do have some stored. And I've actually made home made mozzarella before.
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:49 am

My last "me" meal was on Wednesday.

Flounder from the Gulf. Sweet potatoes and greens from the garden. Lemon from trees as dressing for fish and salad. I did cheat and add salt from the store.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

Return to “Self-Sufficient Living”