"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Hudson5969 wrote:Being that this is a TV drama, it will no doubt end up bad, but.....

In real life, not everybody is going to be a psychopathic asshole.
One problem I have with apocalyptic shows is that they rely totally on scavenging. At some point, you have to develop a community and start making stuff.

There is a reason humans turned from the hunter/gatherer lifestyle to one of community, mutual defense, animal husbandry and agriculture. It just makes staying alive much easier when you have all you need in one place.
Well they were farming and hunting at the prison, and they were doing some farming at Hershal's Farm. So they have tried to not be scavengers. It just keeps getting ruined.

But yes I know what you mean.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 pm

ineffableone wrote:
DJH wrote:Ok did I miss something? Whose shoe was that?
Maybe it was Carl's other shoe?
Michonne has Carl's other shoe.

I think Beth came unglued seeing the fresh remains of the two or three people Tyreese tried to save alongside the railroad tracks. She's probably just crying over the general and unrelenting environment of death.

Lizzy is a freaking socio-path. I don't think she intended to smother Judith but she certainly was so single minded in keeping Judith quiet that the baby would have died if Carol had not showed up.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Hudson5969

Post by Hudson5969 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:57 pm

ineffableone wrote: Well they were farming and hunting at the prison, and they were doing some farming at Hershal's Farm. So they have tried to not be scavengers. It just keeps getting ruined.

They also did everything they could to NOT build a community -- most notably the refusal to bring anyone else in except in the most dire of circumstances, or the other people save Rick & Co. 37 times first.....
History is rarely made by well-behaved individuals.

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:55 pm

I think that little psycho bitch was the one feeding the walkers after that display.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

angelofwar
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, I Am Legend

Post by angelofwar » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:05 am

Bearcat wrote:I think that little psycho bitch was the one feeding the walkers after that display.
Question is, was she feeding the walkers to force them to leave the prison???
"The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts..."
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... w#p2141127

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:06 am

Hudson5969 wrote:
ineffableone wrote: Well they were farming and hunting at the prison, and they were doing some farming at Hershal's Farm. So they have tried to not be scavengers. It just keeps getting ruined.

They also did everything they could to NOT build a community -- most notably the refusal to bring anyone else in except in the most dire of circumstances, or the other people save Rick & Co. 37 times first.....
I guess I don't know what you mean.

Earlier in the show yes they were a bit stand offish about letting others in. Hell they didn't even want to let Rick in the group in the beginning. Hershal didn't want Rick and the group to join him and his group at the farm.

The start of this season however, they (Daryl) were bringing people in. Rick was going to bring the girl who was feeding her zombie boyfriend in. Rick and Carol were going to bring the hippie couple in. They had a council instead of a Ricktator. And they were farming. Seems to me they were doing a decent job of trying to build community. Except Gov and crew came along and ruined it, so we wouldn't get bored with a farming and protopolitics show about the mundane life of rebuilding.

Other shows, I would agree that often they don't even make attempts to reorganize, or to build a community. WD though, they did try.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:45 am

I'm starting to think that Lizzie really did kill Karen and What's-His-Name and Carol covered for her. That kid is a horror show all by herself.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:00 am

Towanda wrote:I'm starting to think that Lizzie really did kill Karen and What's-His-Name and Carol covered for her. That kid is a horror show all by herself.
I think you're right.... That it is bat shit, some people adapt, some thrive. I think shes going to thrive, but in the wrong way.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:55 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote: I don't think she intended to smother Judith but she certainly was so single minded in keeping Judith quiet that the baby would have died if Carol had not showed up.
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think the corpses about to start chewing on the waif sisters would just maybe might have interrupted any infanticide.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:14 am

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote: I don't think she intended to smother Judith but she certainly was so single minded in keeping Judith quiet that the baby would have died if Carol had not showed up.
I'll have to disagree with you there. I think the corpses about to start chewing on the waif sisters would just maybe might have interrupted any infanticide.
Yeah, I think you're right.
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:58 am

ausher wrote:Well theres Abraham.
I literally jumped off my couch and started cheering. I got excited when I saw "Michael Cudlitz" in the opening acting credits.

Anyone else have flashbacks to the final episode of M*A*S*H with Lizzy and Lil Ass-Kicker? I find myself wondering how she's gonna fare in this show. We all know that no one is safe. But I can help but think that, because it's TV, they wouldn't just kill off a baby. But, it's Kirkman... who the hell knows?

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:24 am

kbilly84 wrote:
ausher wrote:Well theres Abraham.
I literally jumped off my couch and started cheering. I got excited when I saw "Michael Cudlitz" in the opening acting credits.

Anyone else have flashbacks to the final episode of M*A*S*H with Lizzy and Lil Ass-Kicker? I find myself wondering how she's gonna fare in this show. We all know that no one is safe. But I can help but think that, because it's TV, they wouldn't just kill off a baby. But, it's Kirkman... who the hell knows?
LOL, I remember the same thing with the MASH episode, but the rat girl had an evil look in her eye like she was kind of enjoying it.

Also I just want to say I called it last week, with Carol and Tyreese, but I guess I screwed up Glenn and Maggie. I would laugh if Glenn hooks up with the late Gov's adopted daughter/wannabe cop thinking Maggie is dead.
Mikeyboy wrote: The previews for the next Episode looks creepy with the rat girl and her sister walking alone on the railroad tracks. It also looks like Glenn and Maggie are still together, Daryl and Beth are together, and somewhere in that mix is Tyreese.

I will laugh if Tyreese hooks up with Carol. Rick never got a chance to tell him so he still don't know, right?

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:38 am

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Yeah, I think so too. I think that kid is jacked up in the head.

Even being just a TV show that was hard to watch. My wife was like...'What the fuck is she doing?' (and she doesn't cuss very often) and started getting all antsy in her seat. You could tell that her natural reaction was to get up and protect the baby even through a TV screen. Didn't think the show producers would kill off the baby in such a way, but you never know.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:42 am

Mikeyboy wrote:I would laugh if Glenn hooks up with the late Gov's adopted daughter/wannabe cop thinking Maggie is dead.
Don't think it'll happen since she's gay.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:05 am

dogbane, on December 1, 2013 wrote:Tyreese will run into Carol on the road, still not knowing.
I think I called it first. :mrgreen:

(But I was wrong at the time about who took Judith. I suspected the Governor's girls.)
Mostly not here anymore.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:56 am

Dogbane did call it first. I and other ZSers "of a certain age" were certainly having M*A*S*H* flashbacks.

Looking back, Lizzy was liking it too much. She was too cool and she seemed it liken it to an internal game of how close she could get to making baby Judith pass out.

I don't think Glenn is going to hook up with Tara but I can see Tara giving Glenn an uninvited hug or a kiss just as a bedraggled and enraged Maggie finds them and jumps to the wrong conclusion.
Last edited by Evan the Diplomat on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Mikeyboy wrote:I would laugh if Glenn hooks up with the late Gov's adopted daughter/wannabe cop thinking Maggie is dead.
Don't think it'll happen since she's gay.
That guy Axel jumped to the same conclusion at the prison and she told him that she wasn't.

There was even the beginnings of a little romance (which didn't end well).
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:50 pm

No bro. He is referring to Tara. I think that if she did hook up with Glen it wouldn't be the first time someone, openly gay or not, turned to someone they had strong feelings for in a deadly situation. Being saved does give one strong feelings so.. it isn't outside the realm of possibility anyways. The biggest obstruction to them hooking up is Glenns belief Maggie is still alive.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Curious about this new Terminus.
I'm curious why they didn't find any signs of it before. It it's so close they could walk there in a day or so, seems like they would have ended up finding it during recons of the area around the prison with their cars.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Curious about this new Terminus.
Yup. I'm gonna guess it might lead here:

Fear the Hunters, baby. :shock:

paladinm1911

Post by paladinm1911 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:38 pm

So anyone have a theory on what happen to the prison bus?
It drove off and the next time we see it down the road and it's full of walkers.
I'm thinking someone was wounded during the prison firefight, died in the back, and came back as a walker and attacked the other passengers.

Dave

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:00 pm

paladinm1911 wrote:So anyone have a theory on what happen to the prison bus?
It drove off and the next time we see it down the road and it's full of walkers.
I'm thinking someone was wounded during the prison firefight, died in the back, and came back as a walker and attacked the other passengers.

Dave
That's what I was thinking. It was riddled with bullet holes, so I think the wounded died and turned.
Mostly not here anymore.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:37 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Lizzy was the one that dissected the squirrel at the prison. She is a psycho little survivor!
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

Return to “Zombie Training Films”