hi im from South Africa

If this is your first visit to the ZS forums read the rules above then introduce yourself. It would also be cool if you let us know how you found us.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Jimmeh1991

hi im from South Africa

Post by Jimmeh1991 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:04 am

Hi I'm Jimmeh I'm from south Africa I'm studying software development at Nelson Mandela Metro University in Port Elizabeth.

i have a keen interest in outdoorsmanship and survivalist skills, as well as sailing

no i don't ride a lion or an elephant to school, no i don't live in a mud hut, yes i shop in a super market and yes i look for cheap stuff to buy a lot of... just in case, you never know when everything dies and then partially comes back

forgot what else to say :/

xd dude

Re: hi im from South Africa

Post by xd dude » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:14 am

Welcome from Indiana!

Jimmeh1991

Post by Jimmeh1991 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:34 am

Yay! ty

KiddR3coN

Post by KiddR3coN » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:50 am

[u]
[/u][/i]
Jimmeh1991 wrote:Yay! ty
Hay im from Hendersonville north :wink: carolina
:words:

Robbie
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by Robbie » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Wow South Africa...Welcome!

Jimmeh1991

Post by Jimmeh1991 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:56 am

I'm still hoping more south Africans will search this and maybe we can get a chapter up and running, although the life time fee is some what steep after exchange rates $100=1033.65 bucks(that's a regular fries at university for 103.365 days) so i worry my country men(and woman but mostly men lol) will shy away from paying fee's, cant we just barter for it :awesome: JK but that would be awesome. hehe

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:05 am

Welcome Jimmeh1991,

I have some questions if you wouldn't mind answering them in a post somewhere on the forum.

- What type of contingencies do you prepare for happening that are unique to SA?

- What are the firearms laws like in SA?

- What is the current economy like?

I'm asking because I'd like to learn more about life in SA and the environment which you are preparing.

Thanks.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Jimmeh1991

Post by Jimmeh1991 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 am

dunno where to post it so i guess here isnt too bad its just one post :/
in terms of disaster there are only two or 3 to prepare for: drought, flood, people going on strike(this happens often), and civil war(not sounding so far fetched lately)

disaster unique to south africa i'd have to say nothing there isnt any thing that could happen here that couldnt happen any where else in the world unless you make up some thing like attack of the killer zombie zebra(in which case im safe the nearest zebra is about 100 kms away in a game farm)

interms of fire arm laws they're quite strict for instance you will probably go to jail if you shoot an armed robber in your bedroom because its attempted murder :/ (yay the law!)

the economy? just as bad as in th US(more or less), average pay of a working class person with over time is about in ZAR 20 000 or so. in short if you have a choice earn dollars not rands :P
the worst part about the economy(IMHO) is the supermarkets and their supposed discounts. I tend to try shop around when i buy stuff and prices vary wildly from store to store and item to item, even the so called bulk discount store's end up having the same unit price as the supermarket across the road.
people here seem to have this idea of massive profit on few sales rather than small proffit of many sales
I'm by no means an expert on the subject I'm just sharing my personal observations, please pardon my horrid spelling :P

Tinderbox

Post by Tinderbox » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:06 am

I'm still a little disappointed about there being no elephant or lion rides -- :(

-- but welcome anyway from Pennsylvania! :wink:
"...the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire..."

Jimmeh1991

Post by Jimmeh1991 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:06 am

lion rides, sadly no but elephant rides, Google search Addo elephant park i think they do elephant rides as far as i know

Return to “Introductions”