Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

Post by RickOShea » Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Okay TLO.....Lets see the new bangstick. :awesome:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Re: Firearms Chat.....Sans catchy title

Post by UndeadInfidel » Sat May 18, 2013 9:52 pm

I like it.

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Sat May 18, 2013 9:54 pm

WOOT IN ON ONE!

Nicely done, Rick.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

NXP

Braxton
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Sat May 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Loading a thousand rounds of WOLF on stripper clips sucks.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

Rednex
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Rednex » Sat May 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Just marking for easy finding later. Well that and still waiting on Ares Armory to send me a sling, there Huskey Amentum Slider Sling. I am going to get one and try it out on AR's, 10/22, pump shotgun,and a Encor .50 muzzle loader. Then if i like it i will order a few more.
I fly the flag of black and red, the sight fills you with fear and dread. For you know with it i will come.

spanningtree
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil

Post by spanningtree » Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

In on the first also! Not sure why the normal thread was locked, to much info exchange I guess... :?
Shiloh wrote:Generally, the weight of both gun and mags are a little more realistic with airsoft. Also, the triggers (at least on a good model) are closer to the real thing.

Some guns are harder to get, though. Glock started slapping lawsuits on airsoft manufactures who made versions of their guns not too long ago. Customs will either seize or pretty much vandalize a lot of the ones coming out of Hong Kong/China nowadays, as that's where most of them are coming from.

If you don't mind me asking, what gun were you thinking about getting?
My EDC is an HK P9S in .45, no chance of a facsimile in a pellet or airsoft pistol. My home defense pistol is an HK USP Expert in .45. Sportsmans Paradise has a USP full size pellet gun that I've had my eye on. I've never heard of the import issues, interesting. I'm going to do a bit more research on the airsoft HK modeled pistols.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 pm

Braxton wrote:Loading a thousand rounds of WOLF on stripper clips sucks.
Yes, but then being able to load a mag in just a few seconds with a StripLULA makes you feel like a rockstar.......AND makes you moar attractive to the women-folk. :clap:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:14 pm

I just wanted to be on page one.

I have nothing new to add. A couple lowers that need parts, an AK that barely hits what I aim at, and a pistol that catches what I miss.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm

not much to say other than i handled a .44mag rossi ranch leg .............................SWEET!!!

love that little gun.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sat May 18, 2013 10:21 pm

The army surplus store is suppose to be getting 14k rounds of .223 next week. Hopefully I remember tostop by and pick some up.

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Hey, a new FA chat.

Continuing the LCP discussion, I have one and like it for it concealability. I wish it had sights.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Sat May 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Braxton wrote:Loading a thousand rounds of WOLF on stripper clips sucks.
Yeah, I didn't have the heart to say it when we talked earlier, steel cased ammo is way more of a pain to put on strippers than brass cased. And the just coats your hands.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Sat May 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Mmmm..new firearms chat smell. Smells like a mix between melted Mosin grease and Hoppes.

Where are you guys buying airsoft stuff? Most of the websites selling airsoft related items look pretty sketchy.

I needz .22 as well. Down to 600 rounds or so.
Last edited by Ten Eight on Sat May 18, 2013 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:26 pm

I handled one of them Rossi's. It was the "W" series if that makes a difference. I couldn't talk myself into buying it, even though I really wanted it. The cheek weld put me WAY off, and not inline with a scope weld. I ordered the gun, and didn't buy it. My desire for a normal Rossi ended there. I still dig a Mare's Leg, but I don't dig something useful. I have been biased by a cheek weld inline with the barrel, but the Rossi didn't set up right, or close to right.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat May 18, 2013 10:28 pm

In on one befo' going to bed. Spandgo!

No, just loading oddles of ammo onto stripper clips sucks regardless of case. :vmad:

Linking your own belts is lame too.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Sat May 18, 2013 10:29 pm

UndeadInfidel wrote:Well I was at the LGS today and think I want an AAC mini-4 suppressor. Considering putting some down on it.
You should do it, I'm temped by one as well. It's supposed to suppress quite well on SBR's and be "hearing safe" (140db) on a 14.5" barrel. I got my first Surefire can a couple months ago and I have to say I really like the locking system they use. The muzzle attachments are spendy, but similar to other quality brands.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Vicarious_Lee
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Why We Can't Have Nice Things
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, Resident Evil 2, Shaun Of The Dead, Bowling For Columbine, Farenheit 911

Post by Vicarious_Lee » Sat May 18, 2013 10:30 pm

MY uncle just got a brand-new, Beretta M92A1 with rail and removable, upgradeable sights. This is the second relative to get one. My step-nephew got one from his dad when he was 16 (same age I got my old 92FS).

I am just sippin' on that haterade right now, especially since I think he's gonna get a Surefire X300 for it. My next handgun will likely be one of these:

but I've got to get that damn Glock 34 of mine some new sights and get it set up still.

I remember seeing my nephew's Beretta the first time he shot it. I took the thing and started flipping plates over with each shot and, naturally, he couldn't hit anything with it. I told him that I had 20 years with that gun to practice before that day. He was REAL receptive to some pistol instruction though, and rapidly improved his performance in about an hour.
duodecima wrote:The tinfoil's a clever idea...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat May 18, 2013 10:37 pm

Vicarious_Lee wrote:MY uncle just got a brand-new, Beretta M92A1 with rail and removable, upgradeable sights. This is the second relative to get one. My step-nephew got one from his dad when he was 16 (same age I got my old 92FS).

I am just sippin' on that haterade right now, especially since I think he's gonna get a Surefire X300 for it.
I know it's not the same gun, but I've been beating the hell out of that Beretta PX4 for about six months now......And I really like it. I ordered a Bladetech Nano for it the other day, cuz I think I'm going to start carrying it from time-to-time.

I originally bought it just because I didn't have a DA/SA pistol......but I didn't think I'd actually like it. :P

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Sat May 18, 2013 10:48 pm

spanningtree wrote:In on the first also! Not sure why the normal thread was locked, to much info exchange I guess... :?
Shiloh wrote:Generally, the weight of both gun and mags are a little more realistic with airsoft. Also, the triggers (at least on a good model) are closer to the real thing.

Some guns are harder to get, though. Glock started slapping lawsuits on airsoft manufactures who made versions of their guns not too long ago. Customs will either seize or pretty much vandalize a lot of the ones coming out of Hong Kong/China nowadays, as that's where most of them are coming from.

If you don't mind me asking, what gun were you thinking about getting?
My EDC is an HK P9S in .45, no chance of a facsimile in a pellet or airsoft pistol. My home defense pistol is an HK USP Expert in .45. Sportsmans Paradise has a USP full size pellet gun that I've had my eye on. I've never heard of the import issues, interesting. I'm going to do a bit more research on the airsoft HK modeled pistols.
Importing from overseas can at times be a little sketchy, depending on who you order from. If you're looking for something that might not be stateside, here's a few good sites:

ebairsoft.com
http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a lot easier to find HK models. They're actually selling their trademarks to various airsoft manufacturers, so there's no concern of customs seizing it.

A bit of advice, though; if you order from a US company, avoid evike.com/airsoftpost.com. They look good at first, but they're the airsoft equivalent of PSA. They never update their online stock, worst customer service in the world.

Back to actual guns now...
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Sat May 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I'll have to put together a primer on airsoft guns for the forum, seeing lots of interest lately due to ammo prices.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Ten Eight

Post by Ten Eight » Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 pm

AKFTW wrote:I'll have to put together a primer on airsoft guns for the forum, seeing lots of interest lately due to ammo prices.
Do. This. Especially go over reputable places to buy from.

After watching Travis Haley's video on airsoft training, and seeing how much training can be done with one, I'd really like to build/buy a quality metal G17 and 29.

Maybe an AR too.
"You don't understand! I coulda' had class. I coulda' been a contender. I coulda' been somebody instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Shiloh
Favorite Zombie Movies: -Zombieland
-Dead snow
-28 days/weeks/months later

Post by Shiloh » Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Hey AKFTW, if you ever decide to do that hit me up, I might be able to help out if you need it. Or I'll just get in the way. One or the other. :lol:
Amateur radio operator - KG7QEL

Tactical furry.

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat May 18, 2013 11:24 pm

Tada! My new piecer.

Braxton, (and all) get some nitrile gloves at sams. I use em for cleaning guns and loading ammo (and cleaning the bathroom, cutting up chicken). I hate that gritty carbon or lead or whatever the hell poison that coats the steel case that gets all over. Feels like nails on chalkboards to me :lol: Your grocery store will have latex ones too.

And yep 1k on clips sucks! I hate the little boxes/paper with the staple ripping my gloves more though.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Braxton
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 pm

TheLastOne wrote:
Braxton, (and all) get some nitrile gloves at sams. I use em for cleaning guns and loading ammo (and cleaning the bathroom, cutting up chicken). I hate that gritty carbon or lead or whatever the hell poison that coats the steel case that gets all over. Feels like nails on chalkboards to me :lol: Your grocery store will have latex ones too.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”