As for the OPs original intent for this thread.
What would I do if this were the 1st report of the impending ZPAW.
1) Strap on my pistol, load my SKS and shot gun set SKS next to sliding glass door shotgun next to the front door, put my INCH bag next to the front door also. Put on my Ribz pack (has all my basic survival needs in it) Now I am ready for a fast exit if needed.
2) Pack up the vehicle with the extra supplies. The bigger heavier stuff like my cylinder stove, solar panels and portable battery/inverter, the water cans, extra food pack, extra bedding and clothing packs, etc.
3) Start packing food from the kitchen, canned and boxed goods, as well as dry goods like oat meal and pasta.
4) Decide where I am going. I have two main plans. One take my sail boat to an island (here in the Pugit Sound we have lots of islands) Two meet up with friends and head to Eastern WA. If I can't reach my friends then I would be heading to sea, if I reach them we will sus out if land or sea sounds like the better option. Being zombies, I think island sounds better, but who knows what other details might surface that might make land seem a better option.
5) Hopefully reach BOL and hunker down. Set up defensive positions, prep living set up (kitchen sleeping etc), and of course search the air waves for more info.
My favorite quotes from Rorschach from the comic Watchmen
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist."
"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with *ME*!"