New NBC drama: Revolution

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

New NBC drama: Revolution

Post by smokinbunta » Mon May 14, 2012 4:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwfCRAtkYEI

Thats the trailer for it, I did a quick search and didn't see anything on the forums about it. It looks pretty cool, some sort of EMP/conspiracy/PAW drama and is directed by Jon Favreau and produced by J.J Abrams. So it couldn't be all that bad right? Heres the description of the show from NBC, and looks like it comes out sometime in the fall on Monday nights at 10pm.
"Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why?

Now, 15 years later, life is back to what it once was long before the industrial revolution: families living in quiet cul-de-sacs, and when the sun goes down, the lanterns and candles are lit. Life is slower and sweeter. Or is it?

On the fringes of small farming communities, danger lurks. And a young woman's life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously - and unbeknownst to her - had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

From director Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") and the fertile imaginations of J.J. Abrams and Eric Kripke ("Supernatural"), comes a surprising "what if" action-adventure series, where an unlikely hero will lead the world out of the dark. Literally."

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Re: New NBC drama: Revolution

Post by majorhavoc » Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Promising concept. A few production values that look disturbingly similar to "Falling Skies" and "Terranova" but ..... promising.

Blitzen2k5

Post by Blitzen2k5 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:27 am

Wow... Just wow! This is the exact scenario that I am looking at and prepping for as more possible then any other in terms of world wide SHTF. I will definately check out the series. Just hope they dont do a quick 10 minute "what happened" then jump to 15 years later. Would love to see a series that does a full bug out/in scenario.

Blitz
Looking down at this barren land once known as home before. Destruction, all the world. It's an ending we have brought.
Wyatt Earth Lyrics

All the evil in the world can be seen in the eyes of a chicken.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue May 15, 2012 7:47 am

I have a feeling there will be "flashback" techniques used to show the before bits. Remember "Lost"?
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

vidaparker
Favorite Zombie Movies: pretty much all zombie apocalypse movies

Post by vidaparker » Tue May 15, 2012 8:16 am

Looks great can't wait

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue May 15, 2012 10:06 am

Imagine the mass global starvation that would immediately take place if something like this really happened. Of the the billions of people in the world, the vast majority rely on mechanized food production and distribution for sustenance. Without mechanized assistance, the carrying capacity of the planet would immediately drop to a tiny fraction of what it is now.

I wonder how bluntly they'll address that inescapable fact.

JustInCase

Post by JustInCase » Tue May 15, 2012 10:34 am

Very cool!
Former member of Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children
Strength and Honor!

http://www.meetup.com/SouthPugetSoundPreppers/

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue May 15, 2012 10:39 am

This looks a lot less like an EMP, and more like a ripoff of the Stirling novel "Dies the fire"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_the_Fire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the book, fire and all derivative technology basically stops working. Guns don't work, either.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 am

crypto wrote:This looks a lot less like an EMP, and more like a ripoff of the Stirling novel "Dies the fire"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dies_the_Fire" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the book, fire and all derivative technology basically stops working. Guns don't work, either.
Theres no point to living anymore if eve guns didn't work.. :lol:

But yea, I think there will be a bit of the past every so often. I assume there maybe like first 30min of the pilot being in the "present" but after that it'll be in the PAW with sprinkles of the past seeing how the story appears to revolving around that Charlie chick..

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Tue May 15, 2012 12:05 pm

Awesome.... It's Gus from Breaking Bad. This show looks awesome.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Tue May 15, 2012 2:19 pm

Looks great! And I don't think it looks like "Dies The Fire".... looks more like E.E. Knights "Vampire Earth", without the Vampires...I hate the new Vampire craze, but this series really is great... besides, their not really vampires in the book anyway

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Tue May 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Mr.NoAm showed me the trailer for this tonight.
I sang ./` ./` Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ./`./`
Finally another ZPAW show!
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue May 15, 2012 11:47 pm

smokinbunta wrote:
crypto wrote:This looks a lot less like an EMP, and more like a ripoff of the Stirling novel "Dies the fire"

Theres no point to living anymore if eve guns didn't work.. :lol:

But yea, I think there will be a bit of the past every so often. I assume there maybe like first 30min of the pilot being in the "present" but after that it'll be in the PAW with sprinkles of the past seeing how the story appears to revolving around that Charlie chick..
Considering they have working guns, though it seems they are not common, and also working fire it doesn't look to be the same as "Dies the fire"
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue May 15, 2012 11:57 pm

This sort of makes me think more of two other shows, Jeremiah with Luke Perry and Malcolm-Jamal Warner in a PAW well after the fact. And Jericho with the weird secret conspiracy stuff.

It seems to have a bit of promise, and of course it is coming out this Fall, just in time to take advantage of the Mayan Dec 2012 hysteria that will be hitting around late Summer early Fall.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed May 16, 2012 12:01 am

Supernatural is awesome and Iron man is awesome (but I'm going to give that one to RD Jr). I shall be watching this.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed May 16, 2012 12:20 am

Oddly enough fire itself didn't stop working in Dies the Fire.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 am

It does look kinda derivative of the recent PAW fiction, Stirling being at the top of the list...

But the trailer really hit all the right buttons... (not sure I buy the reduced to crossbow and percussion muskets, would think that at the very least we would see black powder cartridge pistols, circa 1860s on upward)

Will be watching...

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed May 16, 2012 12:41 am

Just watched the video, and don't they all look so perdy? For being forced back into the dark ages their sanitation looks absolutely magical. :lol:

EDIT: The talk of Dies the Fire and a movie I just watched reminded me of something. Predators like tigers, grizzlies, and lions would be absolutely terrifying without modern repeaters.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Readphnx
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the living Dead remake, 28 Days Latter, 28 Weeks Later, Dawn of the Dead remake.

Post by Readphnx » Wed May 16, 2012 9:47 am

Looks interesting. I'm sure me and the wife will be tuning in.

on a side note, "Dies the Fire" is just a cheap rip off of "Ariel" just without the talking unicorn.
Jack of many trades master of none.

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Wed May 16, 2012 10:03 am

Note to self, be sure not to live in airport flight lanes....
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

smokinbunta

Post by smokinbunta » Wed May 16, 2012 11:16 am

But the timing is gonna be perfect cause i believe Falling Skies is starting in June then if Revolution starts early fall it could really help ease the pain of waiting for The Walking Dead which will probably start late Oct again...

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am

^^^ This.

It's a good time for us, TV wise.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Don't forget the 100 shows on History Channel about Mayans, Aliens, etc.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon May 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Just watched the trailer.

I'm in.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”