Tater Raider wrote:I can't vouch for others but I'm related to 3 folk in law enforcement, and an aquaintence of mine from my teenage years makes 4 cops I personally know and can call if I'm having major issues, but they aren't local and the neighborhood I'm in and having a job that used to put me out and about right after the bars closed haven't brought me into less contact with LEO's. On top of that I'm the spitting image of a known felon in this town - we could be twins except for not having the same parents. That affects how the local LEO's perceive me which affects how I interact with them and we end up in a vicious circle. Toss im my bipolar and it starts to get fun, much like teasing a honeybadger with your manhood hanging out of your trousers is fun.
I think the deputy telling me I'm lucky a dude didn't punch me when I had a recording of him threatening to beat the living tar out of me didn't help my opinion of the local police force.
So I've dealt with good and bad and hold to the opinion that it's 2% that screw it up for the other 98% just trying to do their job.
Back on topic and stated again for the record: I'm gonna do whatever the guys breaking in decide I'm going to do. This includes, but isn't limited to: get shot, get robbed, get beat up, or get arrested. They are entering my home expecitng trouble and weapons readied while I'm asleep. There's nothing I can do about it except modify my rental property to withstand assault and I'm not going there on a rental.
Sent from my dining room using chicken bones.
I agree completely with you, especially the part in bold.
Also, my phone automatically adds the Tapatalk thing, fuck off.