We are having a planning meeting at St. James Place Tavern at 7:30pm on Wednesday, March 28. http://www.barsmart.com/bar_detail.cfm?id=1854
Upcoming items to discuss:
1. Partylite fundraiser (proceeds go to Run for your lives sponsorships) PM me if you can't attend but want a brochure/order form. I would be nice if those wanting to be sponsored could participate in this fundraiser. Any extra monies earned will go toward general operating expenses of the chapter.
2. Pgh ComicCon Zombie Squad patrol - We need to pick day and time. The comicon is Apr 20-22 at the Monroeville Convention Center. Admission is $20/person. We thought about getting a booth but were afraid we wouldn't have the person power to make that worth while and we have a few other cons that might fit us better to sell merch etc. http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/
3. Haunt Con - May 3-7 Monroeville Convention Center. Attend/patrol? http://www.hauntcon.com/
4. Canoe trip - May 14 Clarion River details tbd
5. Steel City Con - Do we want to get a table here so we could do 50/50 or cool survival items/gear raffle? Tables are $100. July 27-29 at Monroeville Convention Center. This event is billed as a toy and collectible expo relevant to pop culture. http://www.steelcitycon.com/
Other future meetings/events:
June- 2Q planning meeting
Aug- Run for your Lives (actually 9/1)
Sept- 3Q planning meeting & Zombie Walk prep
Oct- Zombie Walk
Nov- Toys for Tots?
Dec- World War Z/ 4Q & 2013 planning meeting (FYI, WWZ comes out on the 21st, the day the Mayan calendar runs out, so this might be a PAW meeting.)
Other ideas floating out there are:
- BOB Hike and "Pageant"
- Zombie movie bus tour
- Shooting activity of some type
- Urban Zombie patrol downtown (during Arts Festival?) Hand out flyers about what we do (recruitment).
If you've made it this far in the post - CONGRATS! Feel free to comment, critique or complain. (Complaints are better received in person so that appropriate facial expressions can be exchanged! Hey, it's 4am, what do you expect??)
I hope you can make it!