Fallout: New Vegas

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Re: Fallout: New Vegas

Post by Sckitzo » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:34 pm

Molon Labe wrote:Isn't it possible to download it to a 30gig flash and take it with you? Wouldn't know, I'm new to pc gamin g.
Install it to an external, may be slow as shit though.

LBB

Post by LBB » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:40 am

Sckitzo wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:Isn't it possible to download it to a 30gig flash and take it with you? Wouldn't know, I'm new to pc gamin g.
Maybe an external harddrive, I am not sure how it would work with steam.

Maybe you can use firewire or USB 3.0

Nutpantz

Post by Nutpantz » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:48 am

I thought steam needed to validate you every time you run the game...
Ebay works for old games

The only dlc that i truly liked was old world blues. The others were far too liner for my taste.
Equality can only exist between equals.
Civilization implies division of labor, division of labor implies subordination and subordination implies injustice and inequality.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:07 pm

I enjoyed all the DLC's to be honest, with OWB being my least favored. I enjoy atmosphere and setting over most other qualities and Dead Money and Lonesome Road had atmo and story in spades (though Dead Money should NOT have been handled like a survival horror, they failed big time in that respect but it had decent story and background if you were willing to risk pain or death to find it.) Lonesome Road and Honest Hearts took on a far differing angle of approach style once I modded the Adm. Skele. perk to lengthen possible fall hight by 2 fold (fits with the description of the perk). I was a "Death from Above" mad man once I got it.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Nutpantz wrote:I thought steam needed to validate you every time you run the game...
Ebay works for old games

The only dlc that i truly liked was old world blues. The others were far too liner for my taste.
You can start steam in offline mode to access your games.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
USB3.0 External HDD. Only going to be worth it if your rig has a 3.0 port, though.

Expensive example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:38 pm

LBB wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
LBB wrote:I went to bestbuy today, and they were not able to find the only copy they had in the store.
This sucks
Steam?
I wanted to play it at work.
But I can't download things at work.
A buddy of mine who uses steam says this is 100% accurate.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:40 pm

Dogan wrote:
LBB wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
LBB wrote:I went to bestbuy today, and they were not able to find the only copy they had in the store.
This sucks
Steam?
It used to be for sure. Not so much anymore.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:25 pm

Dogan wrote:
LBB wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
This sucks
Steam?
:lol: that's awesome, but not so true last couple years. Steam ain't perfect but it has come a long, long ways.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:07 am

Jsawyer just dropped an Unoffical mod ... http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -game.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
supposed to make for a MUCH harder wasteland.
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:34 am

docdredd wrote:Jsawyer just dropped an Unoffical mod ... http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... -game.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
supposed to make for a MUCH harder wasteland.
If I can ever get back on my gaming rig for more than 20min at a time I'll have to check that out!

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:06 pm

Also, for what it's worth, New Vegas and all its content is 75% off on steam right now.

Einher

Post by Einher » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:39 pm

Confucius wrote:Also, for what it's worth, New Vegas and all its content is 75% off on steam right now.
My roommate told me he just picked up a copy of FO:NV off the Steam network for like, $5.00 or $10.00 USD.

Crazy.
полиция wrote:Полицейский инструктировал меня, что если убьеш грабителя у себя дома то надо вложить ему в руку нож или иное орудие преступления до того как пришли полицейские, иначе могут самого хозяина дома посадить за убийство.

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:19 am

This game is so GORRAM fun with Project Nevada!! I can't choose which one is better: Arwen or PN.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

silversnake

Post by silversnake » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:02 am

DaisySibyl wrote:Is it better than Fallout 3, worse? I might consider buying it.
Which is better, vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream? They're both very fun games but they play a bit different. I liked NV because the outdoor settings seemed a bit more "open" than the DC ruins seemed in FO3 and the main story line was a bit less linear than FO3. However, they both seemed functionally similar enough to me in terms of technical aspects and game play. I do like the system for building reputations with the various factions and locations that they've got for NV more than the simple system used in FO3. I'd say well worth the bucks.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 am

Molon Labe wrote:This game is so GORRAM fun with Project Nevada!! I can't choose which one is better: Arwen or PN.

I think I am digging PN a bit more then Arwen, but Arwen was still awesome.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:56 pm

from experience. i played through the whole game a dozen time with different character

the best weapons you should get is: the trail rifle in 44-70, the ranger revolver in 44-70, the smg in 9mm take the drum mod and the high speed bolt , the gauss rifle, dynamite (easier to find and powerful enough when your explosive skill is high enough), the riot shotgun and the hunting rifle, with all the mod.

is you intend to play it sneaky, the .22 pistol is a must, but the .22 machine gun is useless.

with all that you can pretty much covert every scenario. (a few plasma grenade for the Deathclaw will always be welcome)
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Hunting rifle, scoped, extended magazine, custom action. I've tried different approaches, but I always end up with this as my primary weapon.

Also, I hit the frigging Deathclaw with Archimedes... and IT SURVIVED AND KILLED ME!!!! How is that even possible? :gonk:
Off the internet until further notice.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

c4 and bottlecap mines are way more effective than archimede. and at close range, the riot shotgun aiming at the kneecap will cribbed their leg you can outrun them.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Dart Gun, best anti-deathclaw weapon out there.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:02 pm

dart gun are from fallout 3, they aren't in new vegas. that sad because i loved the steam spike gun.

Krustofski
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Post by Krustofski » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:07 pm

azrael99 wrote:dart gun are from fallout 3, they aren't in new vegas. that sad because i loved the steam spike gun.
They are in mine. The railway rifle too. That's the GECK for you. :D
Off the internet until further notice.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:12 pm

if you count mod into that, i have a full arsenal that make the deathclaw as menacing as a coyote .

like my 25mm high power sniper rifle . over 18000 of damage.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:30 am

Ahh its in mine, must have been a mod I forgot about.

Yeah some of the weapon mods out there are just silly, like that 18k damage rifle you mentioned, I can't imagine that would be fun very long.

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”