Swunks drop leg FAK and jeep FAK.

Discussions of the best (or worst) equipment to have on hand for use in the event of an injury during an emergency.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Swunks drop leg FAK and jeep FAK.

Post by Oneswunk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Drop leg.

Bag: North American rescues CCRK. (paid forward to me from a great ZS member I need to remember)
Good pack has held up to some abuse from me and I believe a ton of abuse from its previous owner.
Roomy for what it is, I'm working on better use of space.

Outside pocket simple boo boo fixes some ointments and butterfly stitches.

Main compartment.
• 2x 4.5 kerlix
• 2x 1in kerlix
• 2x Gauze
• 1x crappy wire splint
• 1x eye wound kit
• 1x flattened duct tape

Bottom flap
• 5x 4x4s
• 5x 3x8 non adhering dressing
• 1x shears
• 1x small pill bottle of aspirin and advil
• 1x multi tool SOG or leathermen
• 1x small led light
• 2 sets of rubber gloves.
• 1x bandage tape

Jeep FAK
(DETAILS LATER.)

Both packs usually live in my jeep and the drop leg goes on hikes, shoots, urbex and other random shit.

I'm no high speed medic so all suggestions welcome.

Certs: first responder, CPR for the professional rescuer(hay that's what the card says) and some fire/rescue certs.

Enjoy ripping my kits apart. :shock: :D
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

TacAir

Re: Swunks drop leg FAK and jeep FAK.

Post by TacAir » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:05 am

Nothing much to rip.

I would suggest some kind of eyewash/eyedrops for when all the crap gets in your eye (Jeep = dirt = uff-dah in the eyes, yes?) Some single does, rip off types take little space

Some Providone-iodine prep pads should fit in the outer pocket

You have the ZS mandated duct tape, so that is covered.

You are a tad short on PPE - need some klnd of eye protection and I would suggest a mask. Glasses can be hard to fit into a kit, so maybe part of your EDC or Jeep toolkit?

I'm a big fan of spliter tweezers and a small maganifying glass. I seem to attract the damn things no matter what I touch.

Another suggestion, swap out the lill bottle with some individually wrapped and marked OTC and use that space for the eyedrops or NS.

So, what is in bag #2?

THanks for the post.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:51 am

Good suggestion on swapping the bottle for pre packed otc I have rip apart drops in my glove box and since I wear contacts I have contact drops in almost everything I own. PPE, I have a couple sets of amber uvex glasses in the jeep one hanging from jeep bag and one in my tire plug and jumper cable.bag , set of leather gloves usually hanging form the glove clip on the jeep bag. ...

Also some n95s live under my seat.

Jeep bag list will be sometime tonight, basically it has everything in the leg bag, more big wound shit, more otc, simple medtools, light, moar tape, light, fire, food ect.

Both bags are mainly to treat the boy(4), the wife and I. Now there's some times it may cover a couple of the boys friends, a group of buddies on a hunting or range trip, and a couple times a year my kits seem to be the first aid outpost for a multiple family camping trip. We even have a 20year ER nurse that brings no kit. :roll:
Nice to have around but I need her to start bringing something. Hell I don't mind treating the kids boo boos, but above that there fucked if something major happened.

on phone will edit post later. :mrgreen:
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Hit up the ER nurse for the knowlege sitting in her skull!

Ask what she would want in a kit and why? Sounds like you have a heckofa resource right there...
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Ya she's great to have around. last cabin camp trip to knobles the boy fell from the ladder to the loft and got a nasty goose egg, I'm talking major lump. Wifes freaking, but it was sweet having the nurse around to explain to her he was ok. Good ider getting her ideas for the bags. We talk shop now and then but after a couple drinks she tends to start dancing around the camp fires. Damn hippy nurses :lol:

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “First Aid”