So I lost some of this thread in the crash but have been making steady progress. I put a set of Monroe shocks that were stock but seem to have lifted it an inch or two.
Also finished the fuel system issues at the tank where a piece of unubtanium rubber 1 3/4' hose in a tight elbow used to live. I spent 44 bucks on a piece that was straight and for an Auxiliary tank, and another 20 bucks on a Stainless Elbow for a Turbo kit, cut the pipe down and Voila!
At this point the entire fuel system is using new rubber and clamps and I am happy with it.
Found the source of my electrical woes:
Those 2 bare pieces of 10Ga. copper are the lines to the full power Ammeter in the Dash. The ammeter fried, and that caused these to really get hot and melt together, causing a short between them and to ground. The design is flawed, having the entire charge circuit run through the dash, so I modified the system with fresh 12Ga. wire for dash power, and a new 10Ga. wire direct from the starter relay to the alternator and now the headlights, tail lights, and dome light are working. Next is the blinkers and stop lights. I am fortunate that the melting did not compromise the entire harness, but I am going to run it as is for now instead of a complete new harness.
Diagram of the rewire courtesy of Madelectrical.com, which has a great tutorial on how to fix this issue on old Dodges.
Since those power lines were fully compromised I ran all new with the Fusible links.