Falling Skies

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

paladinm1911

Falling Skies

Post by paladinm1911 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Not zombies but it looks pretty good, post-apoc after alien invasion.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1185651481/
Love the GTO/ Ma Duece gun carrier.
Hopefully this will be better than that horid "V" remake.

Dave

AZ-Stealth
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both orig, remake), The Omega Man, I am Legend, SHTF - The World The Flesh and The Devil, The Postman, Panic in the Year Zero

Re: Falling Skies

Post by AZ-Stealth » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Looks interesting. I'll be watching.
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
Armageddon (1998) - Rockhound: "You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?"

yeti101

Post by yeti101 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm

surprised to see Noah Wylie in it. Looks like good special effects. Will be watching.

NickHTK

Post by NickHTK » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 am

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

whisk.e.rebellion
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later. Dawn of the Dead (both versions). Return of the Living Dead. Shaun of the Dead. Dead Alive.

Post by whisk.e.rebellion » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:30 pm

Just saw the preview during the Southland season premiere. I'm in :D
I survived Zombie Con 2011: Full Spectrum Pain
I survived Zombie Con 2012: Our word is "douchebag"
I survived Zombie Con 2014: <Insert inappropriate website here>

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 am

Hmmm... more multi-legged cephalopods with manufactured exo-skeletal armor.

How many episodes before TPTB unleash a microbial bioweapon and save the day?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Cavscout

Post by Cavscout » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Cool! :D

Aikidoka

Post by Aikidoka » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks for posting. I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Looks pretty good.
"Zombies. Like Us, But More Dead"

Packin' Heat

Post by Packin' Heat » Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 pm

First Walking Dead and now this!

I'm liking TV more and more. This is a must watch.
Glock 23: Check
Mossberg 590A1 12ga: Check
VEPR AK 7.62x39: Check
Saiga 12: 12g check

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:43 pm

Starts June 19. Looking forward to it, but I hope it has some real substance and isn't just a soap opera.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:41 pm

REALLY looking forward to this

Ike

Falling Skies

Post by Ike » Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:43 pm

I can't wait to see this!

ShaneofReading
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
The Walking Dead (series)

Post by ShaneofReading » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:41 am

Just read through the web comic. Looks interesting. I may have to DVR this.

Still, I wonder if my suspension of disbelief will hold up. I think I may be more pessimistic about the availability of food and supplies in that PAW scenario.
"life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"
- John Lennon

yale

Post by yale » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 am

I went to the networks website and watched the behind the scenes and the previews there. Looks good but like so many other End of the World/Invasion movies or tv shows I kept asking myself, "Where the heck are they getting all the ammo and weapons from?" It's 6 months after a major alien invasion and you live in one of the most restrictive states when it comes to firearms ownership, Mass., and you have people running around with AKs and other full auto "assault weapons" and handing out ammo. Come on. I could see a few rifles or pistols pilfered from NG or police armories and even if you have the guns it's a sure bet that ammo would be almost completely used up. Sure we'd be a bit better off than in places with outright bans of military style firearms and little to no civilian ownership of guns (thinking India or China) but still, you'd expect that most of the supplies would be used up in the initial fighting and after 6 months any ammo factories would be long distroyed.
President/Founding member of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
http://www.laopencarry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zombicide_x

Post by zombicide_x » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:03 am

Smells like it might be an anti-war/anti-american allegory like season 3 of Battlestar Galactica or Avatar.

I don't need hollywood degenerates telling me what to think!

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:54 am

zombicide_x wrote:Smells like it might be an anti-war/anti-american allegory like season 3 of Battlestar Galactica or Avatar.

:roll: Seriously, so in other words you hate it before you've even seen it, based on a few minutes of promo footage?

silversnake

Post by silversnake » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:00 am

I'm going to check it out because it might be good and because it is supposed to take place in/around Boston so I can play the game of spotting the places I recognize or the places that were inconsistent/poorly reproduced elsewhere.

Alpha-17
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Afterlife
28 Weeks Later

Post by Alpha-17 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Interested, and hopeful, but I won't be surprised if I end up disappointed. The Walking Dead and Smallville have been the only shows recently that haven't been disappointing.
THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN TACTICAL GEAR WON'T SAVE YOUR LIFE...... BUT, HEY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH SURVIVING IN STYLE?

7.62 NATO/.308 Fanboy

ApoCalypse jOe

Post by ApoCalypse jOe » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Pretty sure it is on TNT around 9:00 PM. Should be an interesting watch so I'll give it a go.

zombicide_x

Post by zombicide_x » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:53 pm

basm wrote:
zombicide_x wrote:Smells like it might be an anti-war/anti-american allegory like season 3 of Battlestar Galactica or Avatar.

:roll: Seriously, so in other words you hate it before you've even seen it, based on a few minutes of promo footage?
No, but I'm fully prepared to hate it if it turns into a thinly veiled parable about the evils of american foreign policy. If you want to influence public opinion, write an article, make a speech, found a PAC, but DO NOT intrude into my limited entertainment time.

basm

Post by basm » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:14 pm

silversnake wrote:I'm going to check it out because it might be good and because it is supposed to take place in/around Boston so I can play the game of spotting the places I recognize or the places that were inconsistent/poorly reproduced elsewhere.
I think it was actually shot in Ontario. :( I get the 'why' the story has Bostonians as the last things between aliens and humanity. I just hope they actually shot some B-roll in Boston to at least make it at least a little realistic to those of us who live here....
zombicide_x wrote:No, but I'm fully prepared to hate it if it turns into a thinly veiled parable about the evils of american foreign policy. If you want to influence public opinion, write an article, make a speech, found a PAC, but DO NOT intrude into my limited entertainment time.
Pop some popcorn, kick back and relax and enjoy it. It's just an hour of escapism. :)

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:15 am

Mr. NoAm & I have been anxiously and optimistically awaiting the premier of Falling Skies! :mrgreen:

*checks beer and popcorn supply*

Check

Ready! :wink:
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

basm

Post by basm » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:10 pm

Nnnnnnoooooooooooo. 5 pages of ranting, all gone!

Well in truth I did find the Google cache of this thread.

Page 1 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 2 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 3 ??? the original url was http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; but no delicious cache?
Page 4 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Page 5 http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And to just summarize all my comments about the show so far: It's a harmless little vanilla scoop on a cute little sugar cone. I wanted huge chocolate molten lava cake and a suitcase of beer. Maybe the cake in my beer. But definitely wanted to eat it with a spatula.

Note to self: don't post when hungry to avoid sounding like a crazy man.

Wrangler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Wrangler » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:43 pm

I really enjoyed the episode from this week. Finally learning more about the other survivors. The Captain and Pope are by far the most interesting characters.

So what did you guys hate about this weeks episode?

Also wanted to add that the web comic on the falling skies homepage fills in a lot of the gaps that everyone has been complaining about. Like weapons, why they humans can move around freely in the day time ect. Here is the link: http://www.tnt.tv/series/fallingskies/w ... ?oid=74248
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

Return to “Zombie Training Films”