The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Discussions about Zombie training simulators such as video games, RPGs, paintball or other related simulations.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

docdredd

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by docdredd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:30 pm

In the vein of the Fallout New Vegas thread this is where to put all of your wildest dorkiest thoughts and fantasies concerning the fifth installment of the Elder scrolls series.

For starters I present...
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ction.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is IGN's break down of the video in slow motion with commentary.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/02/24/sk ... nd-theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Laconic 24
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead.

Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Post by Laconic 24 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:42 pm

"Epic" doesn't do that trailer justice.

I'll be buying this on day 1.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:47 pm

This is a pretty good article comparing the improved looks between TES4 VS TES5
http://pc.ign.com/articles/114/1149286p1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

It's always a mistake to confuse general affability with the inability to do harm.

Vicarious_Lee

I dunked a bitch's head in a bucket of ice water one time when she was OD-ing on Xanax. Worked great, but there was a LOT of paperwork afterward. :lol:

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:02 pm

I have it on pre-order, but I'm thinking of swapping that money over to pay off the preorder of the new Deus Ex. I'm very wary of Bethesda and new game engines.
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

shrapnel
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Location: Aboard Baron von Counterculture's groovy purple dirigible, glaring down through a monocle.

Post by shrapnel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:04 pm

WANT
OTTB wrote:"What's that you're wearing?"
"This? Oh, just my rabies hat."
shrapnel wrote:Darling, I would never fondle your sphenoid.
Dr. Cox wrote: People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings.
JamesCannon wrote:Shrapnel, if you were a superhero, you'd be Captain Buzzkill Peener Pain.

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:10 pm

Is it a little sad that I have already put in for vacation time from the 11th till the 18th....... I am going to be PISSED if it gets pushed back :shock:
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

mk_ultra

Post by mk_ultra » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:17 pm

Very excited about this indeed . :P

May pick up Dragon Age II next week to help tide me over
This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence - Vyvyan

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:25 pm

My peener is hard.

NorrisUnleashed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead.
World War Z(I know not a Movie)

Post by NorrisUnleashed » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

Awesome.
Draugrbitr

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 pm

Parody video put out making fun of the new trailer.... character's replaced with those from my little pony....
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... rolls.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Crocuta crocuta
Favorite Zombie Movies: American zombie ( proves you can't trust those C*nts)
shaun of the dead, 28 days later, Dog soldiers (no zombie flick), S.H.U.D, dawn- day and night of the living dead, return of the living dead III

Post by Crocuta crocuta » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:58 pm

I hope TGM still works
We may not enjoy living together, but dying together isn't going to solve anything.

Twitter (Crocuta_mega)
to annoy the zombie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv47aM-cQeg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's very hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Molon Labe

Post by Molon Labe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:00 pm

docdredd wrote:Parody video put out making fun of the new trailer.... character's replaced with those from my little pony....
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... rolls.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That gave me a decent chuckle. :)
Molon labe: Underwater Fire Starter-
"Tis' not shackles of iron that will chain the people, but apathy. Twill' not be weapons of steel that will keep them free, but the will to act."
Thor wrote: Never did sling load that Gama Goat.
Image You can't stop the signal.

carolinafan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, Zombieland

Post by carolinafan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:42 pm

Crap, I still need to finish Oblivion. We've all got problems I guess.

Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit(he who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)-Ovid

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Crocuta crocuta wrote:I hope TGM still works

? care to expound?
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 am

Toggle God Mode

Infinite health, infinite ammo, infinite carrying capacity.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Merovech

Post by Merovech » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:26 am

I no longer buy video games 'on day 1'... even the new awesome MMO...

I have been burned way too often over the past 20 years...

The press and 'buzz' is always for profit and generally doesnt reflect the actual product. I actually broke my rule for Fallout New Vegas on the strength of Fallout 3... and we all know how that steaming pile of buggy crap worked out.

I wait 3, 6 or even 12 months down the road, wait for patches, reviews... that sort of thing to make sure I dont waste my money. I still get burned ever so often, but buying a 'bad game' off of hype angers me.

I have worked in the Video Game industry and the hype engine is almost as important, sometimes more important than the actual game...

Wait for the reviews, or waste your $50 :)
What does a month worth of food really look like?: http://tinyurl.com/pvymvrw
Suburban Family Tornado Shelter and Preparation: http://tinyurl.com/na8qsfr
Cast Iron Skillets for Everyday Use and Beyond: http://tinyurl.com/onu62yj

Sealegs

Post by Sealegs » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:48 am

I watched that trailer and I couldn't help but think I recognized the voice.. Max von Sydow of course, I'd buy any book he read on tape if he ever did one. Especially to a score like this one.
austere [ɒˈstɪə]adj
1. stern or severe in attitude or manner
2. grave, sober, or serious
3. self-disciplined, abstemious, or ascetic
4. severely simple or plain an austere design
[from Old French austère, from Latin austērus sour, from Greek austēros astringent; related to Greek hauein to dry]

NorrisUnleashed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead.
World War Z(I know not a Movie)

Post by NorrisUnleashed » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:05 pm

Merovech wrote:I no longer buy video games 'on day 1'... even the new awesome MMO...

The press and 'buzz' is always for profit and generally doesnt reflect the actual product. I actually broke my rule for Fallout New Vegas on the strength of Fallout 3... and we all know how that steaming pile of buggy crap worked out.

I wait 3, 6 or even 12 months down the road, wait for patches, reviews... that sort of thing to make sure I dont waste my money. I still get burned ever so often, but buying a 'bad game' off of hype angers me.

I have worked in the Video Game industry and the hype engine is almost as important, sometimes more important than the actual game...

This is usually the rule I live by. I have waited for a year or two later to purchase a game. It makes for a better experience (patches and whatnot) and is obviously easier on the wallet as the game is cheaper or I may not buy it at all based on reviews. However, I am breaking this rule left and right this year. I got Reach on launch day and I have preordered this.
NorrisUnleashed wrote:Awesome.
In short what this guy said. :lol: ^^^
Draugrbitr

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Any of you computer gamers out there want to take a guess at what it it going to take to run this game? Im considering building a gaming computer so I can take advantage of all the Mods for computer games like New Vegas. BUT I dont want to have to buy a new graphics card in November if I dont make a wise choice...
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:26 am

You all have to watch this.... Effin HEE larious..... Skyrim Fanboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

USPHack
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead.

Post by USPHack » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:11 am

Pre ordered last night for PS3 from Gamestop, along with Battlefield 3. Come on November!
Both oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms.
--Aristotle

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:25 am

OW that looks damned good!

It reminds me of the Vrykul of Northrend in the World of Warcraft: Wrath of The Lich King expansion. Of all the content in WoW, a lot of it was aimed toward Ye Olde and Nordic, so I had a ball. But the Northrend stuff was my favorite. So since then I've been wishing there was a game that would just take all the Northrend content and make that into a game. Is this a new direction for Elder Scrolls? I admit that I've never really given the series much thought.

I think I'll definitely try this - but will probably wait a while before I actually buy it. I'll let other players pay to beta the bugs out first. :P

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 am

Merovech wrote:I no longer buy video games 'on day 1'... even the new awesome MMO...

Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

docdredd

Post by docdredd » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Scroll to the bottom for a look at an art video....
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SMoAF wrote:

Vicarious_Lee

Return to “Zombie Survival/Combat Simulations”