The events schedule (PDF) includes...
- 7:00 PM - Opening Night Gala featuring an awesome gallery exhibition of coffin art, cash bar, free h’ordurves and a screening of the short film Alice Jacobs is Dead staring Adrienne Barbeau and a Q & A with filmmaker Alex Horwitz. Then the first feature of the festival Pontypool will screen followed by the completely inappropriate midnight screening of Troma pictures Poultyguiet -Night of the Chicken Dead
- 5:00 PM Zombie Walk - If the 4th of July parade didn't have enough rotten carcasses for you, the Zombie Walk is your scene. Dig out the makeup and put yourself on display in the 2010 Zombie Walk from the Washington Ave Armory to The Linda parking lot. Bring your dancing shoes. The walk concludes in the parking lot of The Linda with a Thriller dance-off.
- 6:00 Brain Eating Contest & Thriller Dance Off - Look, let's face it. You like to eat brains. It's something we don't talk about a whole lot, but it's a fact of life after death. What's more, all that zombie walking is bound to work up an appetite. Now, your natural craving for grey matter is actually worth something. Be the first to finish your whole brain and win fabulous prizes!
If no brain is completely finished in under three minutes, the remnants will be weighed, and the fabulous prizes will be awarded accordingly.
Note that brains are not vegan. This should not be a stunning revelation.
You wanna eat brains? You wanna win fabulous prizes? All you gotta do is e-mail your name to email@example.com and you're in.
Brains are limited. Don't wait.
- 9:00 Zombie Senior Prom - Hey, even undead, flesh eating monstrosities from beyond the grave need love. Break out that tuxedo your Uncle was buried in, or that moth-eaten wedding dress your Grandma gave you when it looked like you might live long enough to tie the knot, and come down to The Linda to dance your limbs off at the Zombie Senior Prom - featuring live music by Zombie Bomb and DJ Lovey of PYX 106.
The evening will be topped off by someone or something being crowned Zombie Prom King and Queen, with coronation and prizes.
- 11AM Jay Street Gaming Presents The Zombie Slayer Vault of Doom - So if you’ve ever wanted to spend your weekend trapped in a bank vault or even better trapped in a bank vault with 5 massive LCD gaming stations and all the caffeinated cola you can drink, here’s your chance. So gear up game boys and girls cause it’s a Zombie slayers paradise!
The vault will be open and free to the public throughout the weekend (except during the Senior Prom, its 21 and older only Saturday 9pm-1am) Not only can you kick back and play a trough full of zombie gamming fair, but there is an open competition as well.
All Weekend Long:
Zombie Movies! Lots of them! In order of appearance we have...
- Alice Jacobs is Dead with Q & A with filmmaker Alex Horwitz
- Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead
- The Gates of Hell aka City of the living Dead
- The Horde
- Resident Evil
- Dellamorte Dellamore
- 28 Weeks Later
- [ Rec ] 2
This year's sponsors include Central District Management Association, Inc., Jay Street Gamming, Hellions of Troy, We Build Pages, Upstate Independents, PYX 106, Washington Avenue Armory, The Linda, Zombie Bomb, New York State Council on the Arts- NYSCA, Carried Away Coffins, and ZOMBIE SQUAD CHAPTER 007 can you dig it!