I think this was a small tornado-cane...
The damage is surprising in this area. Trees down all over the place and some minor and major structural damage to dozens of homes. As Laditek pointed out, we had our upper windows blown in by slate roofing shrapnel. I took a bunch of pics and put them up on a public facebook album. Link here: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/albu ... d=17502358
This tree collapsed and destroyed the entire rear wall of that house.
You can see tree tops completely gone next to the school over here.
Trees on the streets literally blew over and covered/destroyed cars that were parked there.
Even bus stops weren't safe.
The extent of the damage of Casa Del Light & Ladi
Three houses down. That used to be a two car garage, complete with two cars in it.
As you can see. Lots of damage. The worst part, though, was going out with my chainsaw to help an elderly neighbor and having him ask me how much... Don't neighbors help neighbors anymore? As I walked around the area, I saw that happening very infrequently. Very Sad.
- Alternate routes are amazing. If I had taken the roads my GPS suggested right off, it would have taken me three hours to get home. By using both the detour button and just saying the hell with it and taking a right or left turn got me home in 30 minutes.
- Storm Windows only work if they're in. And if slate roofing isn't flying around at 50+ MPH.
- Anything can happen on very short notice.
- NYC is becoming the new tornado alley.
- I really need to move out of the city.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
~Winston Churchill http://www.theendofthetunnel.org/
Rush2112 wrote:TheLight is a pot-kicking man-ape gone wrong. But we still love him and his ability to carry entire trees at once.