Our Toys :)

Forum section for northern Texas members

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 019 Officers

GR1MSTONE

Re: Our Toys :)

Post by GR1MSTONE » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:03 pm

How many gold bars did you part with for that AR10 Rugger? Prices right now are clinically retarded...
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.bcftx.com

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:13 pm

GR1MSTONE wrote:How many gold bars did you part with for that AR10 Rugger? Prices right now are clinically retarded...
Pretty good deal. 2300. Came w magpul sights, 6 pmags, Troy rails, vltor stock, geislle(sp?) trigger, sling, adjustable gas block, YHM flash hider, and ergo grip. I slapped my aimpoint w 3X on it. Little AR is sporting an aimpoint micro now.
*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 am

Working on my GoT look...

Short sword, hand a a half basterd sword and Viking short axe

Danish War Axe

Viking boar spear (total length about 9 feet)
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead - Zack Snyder version
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:20 pm

That's a really nice looking spear head. Does it look like it will stand up to real world usage, as in "used for what a spear was originally designed for" not real world usage as in "it was designed to look cool and not cost a lot."

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Veering into blades gets me all hot & bothered. Here is my favorite pic of all the Albion swords of Oakeshott Type XII (12) along with a custom period scabbard and belt from DBK Custom Swords that fits them all.

And just for giggles, Tony the Tiger, cat killer of cats.

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by arrowolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm

The spear along with everything else, is pretty much combat-grade. It's got an ash shaft. If I was going boar hunting with it though, I'd drill and pin the socket. I've got another that doesn't have the flanges I know would stand up to just about anything. It's mounted on a waxwood shaft.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:10 pm

I was really more interested in the heat treat and solidness of the spear head construction. Will it take and hold an edge? And does it look like the head won't separate from the socket in use?

And lastly, if it's a good 'un, where can I gets me one?

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by arrowolf » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:38 pm

I have no idea about it's heat treatment specs. It's an older Hanwei design.

http://www.thevikingsworld.com/plunder/200900075.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm dragging out all my toys to get them shaped up for next month's trip to Gulf Wars. http://www.gulfwars.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 pm

Hi Arrowolf, Not to hijack the thread but Gulf Wars looks pretty big. Have you been before or anyone else here been there before?

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by arrowolf » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:22 am

I've been going since 1995. But I used to in South Alabama and it was a lot closer. This will be my first trip over there since '08. I need a week to unplug from the grid.

dragon rouge
Favorite Zombie Movies: omega man

Post by dragon rouge » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:31 pm

Kult of Athena has a good selection of battle worthy period looking pointy sharp things .Ive dealt with them before, good bunch to do business with. Blade Matrix also carries a resonably decent selection of period style whackers,slashers, and stickers. Gonna spill the beans here The winged spear was a christmas present to AW 3 or 4 years ago.Bought the head from Blade Matrix and the haft from Kult of Athena .In all honesty in a side by side comparison an older Windlass winged spear looks tougher than the Paul Chen just not near as purdy.For the ultimate in affordable toughness Cold Steel has reintroduced their pole ax.The hammer side will shatter cement blocks repeatedly with no visible damage.at least one I bought 3 or 4 years ago will As soon as I get another camera,Im gonna have to buy Aw dinner somewhere ,so she will post pics of my neatest close and personal mele toys Damascus Nordic long sword .Chech made Hungarian long ax.H&B short ax and winged boar spear

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:37 pm

My newest toy. A Lone Star Armory .308 with 16" Brux barrel, 15" Troy VTAC handguard, Ti7 buttstock, Night Force 1-4 in LaRue SPR 1.5 mount, and Dueck Defense sights.

Same layout, but with the scope swapped out for a companion Aimpoint H1 in LaRue mount.

Only thing missing... Surefire SOCOM 7.62 RC suppressor I'm waiting on... :P

jt526

Post by jt526 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:06 pm

My finally assembled full auto Uzi 9mm with Trijicon RMR and Trident Suppressor on a chopped Tri-lug barrel (bunch of other Trident mounts in pic for length comparison). Just need to Duracoat the receiver and install a sling swivel.

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:16 pm

The somewhat older toy, and it's new upper. Several pigs and two axis deer with the 16" upper. Nothing but paper and steel with the 24", which has a SWFA SS 10x scope. For the money, it's a pretty good optic. I spent yesterday shooting it for the first time and breaking in the barrel/laying copper down, and it'll group right at a MOA with wolf ammo, after that. Went from the 100 yd range to the steel plate at 470, dialed in 3.1 mils, and rung it on the first shot (after the barrel prep). Can't wait to run some good ammo through it.

*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:55 am

Love your 16" upper. I was kinda "meh" on 16" .308s until I got one. Now I have changed my tune and think they are "the schizz-it"!

Chase The hero

Post by Chase The hero » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:33 pm

Just picked up a Ruger LC9 last weekend when I was back in Texas.

Picture of it modelling next to my Glock 19

Kommander wrote:
Hoot Harrington wrote:Kids, pizzas, same thing.
Well they are both tasty
RickOShea wrote: there are only three kinds of snake that I don't like: live ones, dead ones and sticks that look like snakes.

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

ShooterMike wrote:Love your 16" upper. I was kinda "meh" on 16" .308s until I got one. Now I have changed my tune and think they are "the schizz-it"!
Thanks. I'm glad I bought it like that. Except for the rails. I hate these rails. With a passion. They're way too heavy and with way too much 1913. But it makes me want to go take the Costa Ludus 7.62 Heavy class. :clap:
Image Red Wire Rules!!

jt526

Post by jt526 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

And this happened. I blame the ATF, if transfer times weren't running so long I would have bought more suppressors and saved money. And Falling Skies, everybody except the dude with the Barret is always undergunned in every alien flick ever made.

dragon rouge
Favorite Zombie Movies: omega man

Post by dragon rouge » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Sorry no photos I got a 10 in Kershaw camp knife for Christmas and bought myself a Sig 938 A palm size 1911 style 9mm .

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:56 pm

Just finished putting this little beauty together. It's just begging to be shot out of my truck window at some feral hogs. It sits in my lap perfectly while driving. And just in case anybody is wondering, that Sig arm brace is a stubborn pain in the ass MF'er to get on there. I truly don't see how other people get them on all of the way. At first I thought people were putting them on only part way so that, you know.... I fought with that sumabitch for 20 minutes to get it on that far.
Mega Arms forged pistol lower
Adams Arms 7.5" piston upper
KNS Anti-walk pins
BAD lever
Battle Arms ambi-safety
Umbrella Group grip
Magpul AFG-I
Ultimate Arms Gear pistol buffer tube
Sig arm brace
Troy folding front sight
Magpul rear sight
Vortex Sparc
Streamlight tlr-1
Image Red Wire Rules!!

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:19 pm

Did you buy the brace locally? I've been thinking of picking one up; thr ATF STILL hasn't sent me a stamp for my 10.5". :/

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:27 am

klrvagabond wrote:Did you buy the brace locally? I've been thinking of picking one up; thr ATF STILL hasn't sent me a stamp for my 10.5". :/
GEEZ!!!! How long has that one been in the que?!?!?!
No, Amazon. Every time I've seen them in gun stores they have them already attached to rifles and won't take them off. Plus it's cheaper on Amazon normally. And from reading other people comments, some pistol buffer tubes are not snug enough. They move around after several rounds. With the one I have on there, I'm pretty sure I'd have to cut it off. Here, let me make it really tempting and easy for you.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPA ... UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BRW ... UTF8&psc=1
Image Red Wire Rules!!

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:19 pm

It's been forever...should arrive any day now, otherwise I'd have picked up a brace as soon as they came out. At this point I'm not sure whether to keep waiting or spend the extra cash.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have a pistol _and_ an sbr _and_ a carbine...

Edit: I should have my brace in 3-5 days.

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:27 am

klrvagabond wrote:It's been forever...should arrive any day now, otherwise I'd have picked up a brace as soon as they came out. At this point I'm not sure whether to keep waiting or spend the extra cash.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have a pistol _and_ an sbr _and_ a carbine...

Edit: I should have my brace in 3-5 days.
HAHA!! Yessssssss, come to the dark side. Do not comply.

Yep, that's what I'd do. Make another one. No matter how you slice it, it comes out cheaper than SBR-ing it. $186 total for the brace, tube, spring, buffer, and end-plate that I linked; versus $200 minimum for the stamp (more if you do a trust), and who knows how long of a wait. And you still don't even have any parts to build anything. For me it was a no brainer.

As for a range report, I just shot it for the first time and sighted it in last night. It's MAYBE MOA off of bags, if not it's pretty dang close. It's for sure MOP (Minute Of Pig/Person). For a 7.5" barrel, I'm more than happy with that. Plus it was dark and I was in a hurry. I shot 30 rounds, with a bore snake and rem oil ran through it every 5 rounds. Then another 30 with cleaning after each 15 rounds. Just trying to get a clean layer of copper laid down in the barrel to smooth out/cover up imperfections. This is the first piston I've shot, and I've heard people say they kick more, but I didn't find that to be the case at all. And the flash wasn't near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Not even close.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

Return to “ZSC:019”