Our Toys :)

Forum section for northern Texas members

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 019 Officers

klrvagabond

Re: Our Toys :)

Post by klrvagabond » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:(Everybody ought to own at least one 1911 by law)
I've been 1911-less for the last three or four years now. :(
If I'm remembering correctly, my first semiautomatic (third handgun, following a Colt Trooper MKIII .22 and a Dan Wesson .357) was a Norinco 1911 that I gradually built up. I gave that one to my little brother a few years ago. The Norincos were pretty ugly, but the frame and slide were solid, so after replacing most everything else it ended up being a pretty good gun.
When I was about to turn 21 I'd been looking for a P7M8 to carry concealed, but they were pretty hard to find and I ended up with a stainless Ultra Carry. It was a great little gun, but I ended up finding my first P7M8 around a year later, so it mostly lived in the safe for a while and eventually got traded off to a coworker who was looking for a birthday present for his cop girlfriend. I don't remember the exact details of that trade because I swapped a few guns with him over the years, but I'm thinking it was a USPc .357SIG (which later went to a cop friend of mine for an offduty gun). Eventually I traded something to him for a Kimber Custom 2, but it too mostly lived in the safe until I sold it to another friend who was looking for a .45.
I carried P7s consistently until sometime last year, when I decided that I really wanted something I could put a weapon light on and that I was less attached to. I ended up going with a G35 (in .357SIG), which is an ugly and soulless gun, but I appreciate the ballistics and I've gradually grown to hate it less. I'm now fairly heavily invested in the Glock platform, but if I had it to do over again I'd probably go with the XDm 5.25 in .357.
I do like the XDs quite a bit; I swapped a Blackhawk for one in 9mm a while back and it's pretty impressive.
I've been wanting another 1911 all along, but I know that in reality while I'd love to have one I'd probably never carry it. I'm a fan of .45, but at this point defensive ammunition has come far enough that it's edge over 9mm isn't what it used to be, and in a bigger gun I like the flatter-shooting .357, and they have better capacity.
I have been tempted to build up a double stack 1911 in .38 super or 9x23 for a while, but I haven't ever gotten around to it.

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:14 am

I've had 2 1911s and sold them both for one reason. Weight.

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:27 pm

if anybody needs a 1911 trigger job, i'm your guy :D
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.bcftx.com

dragon rouge
Favorite Zombie Movies: omega man

Post by dragon rouge » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm

I recon Im still only 1 step evolved from a caveman .My prefered auto is still the same old .45 that I've had for many years Im thinking about replacing it with 1 with a rail .a 1911 .45 with a rail that is

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:52 pm

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 break down today, comes with a nice carry bag.

dragon rouge

Post by dragon rouge » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

I'm drooling over one of those as well but at the moment, still recovering from my last toy purchase They are nice .I would much prefer the case not have Ruger written all over it .If it didnt it wouldnt scream guncase.

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 pm

It would be nice if the case didnt have Ruger in RED on it but you can also just put it in your backpack. Its a very nice gun and easily carried. We passed this at the gun show 5 times.....it was just too much to keep passing and I couldnt talk myself out of buying it.

dragon rouge

Post by dragon rouge » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:50 pm

I am going to sell my Ruger LCP less than 150 rounds through it still have the box, papers, pouch etc plus 4 or 5 spare mags .Found another toy I want really really bad so somethings gotta go. PM me if interested

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:15 pm

I'll ask around. What sort of new toy are you looking at?

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 pm

Well had to buy another Ruger 10/22 takedown, the missus wanted the blue olympic version. Found it at the Lewisville gun show.

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:12 pm

mrwolfen28 wrote:Well had to buy another Ruger 10/22 takedown, the missus wanted the blue olympic version. Found it at the Lewisville gun show.
I'm not sure what it is about Rugers, but they seem to come in pairs...
I only own one Bearcat, but Blackhawks, 10/22s, Mini-14s, and Vaqueros travel in packs, at least in my experience.

Striker1
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Walking Dead, etc...

Post by Striker1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:43 pm

Noob question here. How can I post my pics???
Some will, and some won't, so what. Lifes a party and most poor bastards aren't invited.

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:08 pm

First you have to host them on flickr or photobucket or some other photo-hosting site. If using flickr, click on the "share" above the individual pic. Change the pic size to medium 800x600. Copy the BBC code and paste it here. Delete everything before [img]and%20after[/img]. Hit preview and see if it finds your pic.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Striker1
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Walking Dead, etc...

Post by Striker1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:48 pm

OK my toysImageImage
Some will, and some won't, so what. Lifes a party and most poor bastards aren't invited.

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:56 am

arrowolf wrote:First you have to host them on flickr or photobucket or some other photo-hosting site. If using flickr, click on the "share" above the individual pic. Change the pic size to medium 800x600. Copy the BBC code and paste it here. Delete everything before [img]and%20after[/img]. Hit preview and see if it finds your pic.
or just upload to facebook and copy and paste the URL from there :D
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.bcftx.com

dragon rouge

Post by dragon rouge » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:07 pm

looking at the Sig P938 [a really really small 1911 style in 9mm]

dragon rouge

Post by dragon rouge » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:30 am

No pics but I traded off one of my katanas for a handfull of others Rugger you should be proud of me 1 of them is an Ontario Kukri 8-) plus an Ontario 12 in machete a kindasorta kbar type with an 8 in blade and a Condor bush knife. Damn I need to pare down my knife collection. Hey Cooper you want to buy or trade for some steel?? I have extra swords, fighting axes, daggers,spears, utility /bush knives and a whole stack of blades that I either built, rebuilt or assembled from various bits and pieces of blades ,antler ,wood chunks, copper wire and brass bar stock. Not to mention a whole damn box full that are in various stages of completion from basic blade shape to ready for final finishing and sharpening :gonk:

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead - Zack Snyder version
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:44 pm

OK, toys. Kinda.

My daily carry guns. (one or two at a time)

Glocks 26, 19 and 17, all with Robar Grip reductions and XS XPress Sights, along with holsters from Matt DelFatti Leather and FIST.

My favorite custom wheelgun and accessories. A Smith&Wesson Model 58 (.41 Magnum) that's been rebarreled with a cutdown 4.5" 1955 Target Model barrel and rechambered to .44 Magnum. The holster and speed loader pouches are custom pieces from Matt DelFatti Leather.

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Matt makes some beautiful stuff. The only thing I have from him is a double mag pouch for the P7M8, but it's amazing. If his wait times weren't so long I'd have more.
Now that I think of it, I have a BHP in need of leather and I'm not in a hurry for it. I'll have to peruse his site later.

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:33 am

klrvagabond wrote:Matt makes some beautiful stuff. The only thing I have from him is a double mag pouch for the P7M8, but it's amazing. If his wait times weren't so long I'd have more.
Now that I think of it, I have a BHP in need of leather and I'm not in a hurry for it. I'll have to peruse his site later.
I've been a customer of Matt's since a few years before he retired from active law enforcement and took MDL full-time...then got so backlogged he quit taking orders for a couple of years. I have a newer holster from him, circa 2 years ago. It's all the same quality, which is to say consistently among the best leather products ever made. In total, I think I have 7 holsters from him spread over about 15 years of production. They get used anywhere in between hardly ever and every single day. You can hardly see any wear on any of them without bright light and reading glasses.

His stuff is worth the wait.

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:02 pm

I could make that once upon a time. Might still could.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 pm

This thread has gone dead. How about a revival? Let's pump it up folks! :clap:

Here is one of my "work rifles", a modified DPMS AP4 in .308, waiting for the start of a shift.

And here it is at work. (Texas Dept. of Parks & Wildlife feral hog eradication program)

ShooterMike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
The Professionals
The Wild Bunch
Sinners & Saints

Post by ShooterMike » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:17 pm

And here's a different kinda toy for your perusal, an Angus Trim 32" Thorpe Falchion. Beastly cutter, but still very light and quick in hand. Just the thing for collecting zombie heads and such. :awesome:

Rugger

Post by Rugger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm

My new and re-worked tommy-hawk

My new AR-308

And my new revolutionary pistol mag retention system

*WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological or emotional damage sustained by the reader is NOT the responsibility of the contributor.
Image Red Wire Rules!!

Return to “ZSC:019”