NTX Roll Call (pics and bios)

Forum section for northern Texas members

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 019 Officers

Scoop

Re: NTX Roll Call (pics and bios)

Post by Scoop » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 am

ha ha! I would probably be wise to learn how to put a 'proper' edge on blades the way you do. But I am a clutz and I will still knick myself.

That would be very cool! :clap: Another to add to my collection. Speaking of which, I need to start buying blades again. Wood is fine. My stuff doesn't have to be fancy or pretty, just functional.
Proving Murphy's Law is more than just a theory since 1981.

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm

When's the next chapter meeting?

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:42 pm

jeepinbandtrider wrote:When's the next chapter meeting?
Probably some time in Nov. We're getting ready for the Paris Zombie Walk right now, on Oct 27.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I'll miss by a few days. But should be able to hit the Nov meeting.

Probie

Post by Probie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:38 pm

Name: Ben
Job: Full time college student
Skills: I am a gun nut, I love shooting and all things gun related. I do some gun smithing. I am learning how to weld.
What I would like to learn: I want to learn more about the operation of cars and motorcycles(working on them, repairs etc)

Story: Not much of a story just a 19 year old studying criminal justice.

Probie

Re: Re: NTX Roll Call (pics and bios)

Post by Probie » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:39 pm

tmos468 wrote:Hello All,

Name: Terry
Job: Aircraft Assembler for a defense contractor
Skills: Welding, Wrenching, Fabbing, Shooting
What I would like to learn: More self reliance skills/living off the grid, trauma first aid

Story: Wife and I moved here September of last year from Wichita, KS. I have about 17 years in the manufacturing field doing fabrication, assembly, welding, and some machining. I enjoying building, racing, destroying anything with tires and an engine. I have taken numerous classes from basic to advanced combat pistol/carbine to low light tactics to CQC. Former CO and Co-Founder of STAC82 airsoft team (check em out on the web).

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=98969" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wehrmacht

Post by Wehrmacht » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:36 pm

Name: Chris
Job: Logistics / Supply Chain
Skills: Mechanically inclined, carpentry, enjoy gardening, raising chickens, camping, general tinkering, electronics (have assembled PC's), firearms and shooting in general, supply chain & logistics stuff.
What I would like to learn: Hunting, self sufficiency skills, improving in any of the above.

Story: Just a 28 yr old patriot trying to keep the good- good, and preparing for the worst that seems to be inevitably surging towards us.

dragon rouge
Favorite Zombie Movies: omega man

Post by dragon rouge » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard Wermacht

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Welcome Wermacht, Glad to have you aboard. Good people here to talk to and meet.

JestedSniper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JestedSniper » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Name: Clay
Job: Currently I'm in I/T
Skills/Interests: I've done a little bit of everything. From security to driving trucks. I haven't come across anything I can't drive, and very few things I can't fix.
What you'd like to learn: Medical stuff mainly (field trauma) more bush craft...

Story: Just a guy trying to do what I can to make sure I get my family taken care of when SHTF...

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 am

Good to have you Clay, you'll fit right in.
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.bcftx.com

JestedSniper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JestedSniper » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:37 am

Thanks gr1mstone. And if you ever need a good IT guy over there at your shop in useless, err I mean Euless, let me know :) I had no idea that there was anything that cool in Euless while I was living there...

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:50 pm

LOL, "useless". i'll let you know, we are in dire need of upgrading our computers. i keep trying to get my boss to spring for a server. we do make some pretty cool toys though, after shot show we should have even more :clap:
The world will know that free men stood against a tyrant, that few stood against many, and before this battle is over, that even a god-king can bleed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JestedSniper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JestedSniper » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:39 pm

Definitely, see if he wants to just do an estimate, I can come in on a Saturday or Sunday, and look everything over, see if what you have is usable or if you truly need new equipment. I'll even do the the estimate for free since your ZS :D I also have a website team if he needs/wants a new website.

That free estimate thing goes for all of you guys. If you computer is acting stupid, I'll diagnose it for free. Any repairs/upgrades would be at cost for your personal computers. Also, with Christmas coming up, I will also have several budget PC's available. Nothing fancy, but if you need something to do email, web browsing, watching Youtube, and checking out your favorite zombie killing gear, it would be more than adequate.

EECHAY

Post by EECHAY » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:11 am

Name: Dan
Job: Oilfield
Interests: reading, Kali, shooting, Off-Grid living, physical fitness, homesteading, wild edibles, tactical vehicle operation.
Wants to learn more about: Everything.
~We think in generalities, but we live in detail.
-Cpl Green, USMC, OIF I

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm

JestedSniper wrote:Definitely, see if he wants to just do an estimate, I can come in on a Saturday or Sunday, and look everything over, see if what you have is usable or if you truly need new equipment. I'll even do the the estimate for free since your ZS :D I also have a website team if he needs/wants a new website.

That free estimate thing goes for all of you guys. If you computer is acting stupid, I'll diagnose it for free. Any repairs/upgrades would be at cost for your personal computers. Also, with Christmas coming up, I will also have several budget PC's available. Nothing fancy, but if you need something to do email, web browsing, watching Youtube, and checking out your favorite zombie killing gear, it would be more than adequate.
Schweeeeet! I'll let you know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:02 pm

good to have you Dan!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Name Zimmy (yeah people call me that in RL)
Job Hospital Maintenance at UTSW
Location Ennis
Skills/Interests I'm kinda a jack of many trades. Frmr Abn Infantry, fair in the woods, fair in camp, good remodeller, moderate prepper, fair shooter, good hunter, varied heavy equipment operator, good cook, accomplished drinker of whiskey and beer, accomplished bullshitter, yada yada. Basically all the skills you learn on the path of trying to figure out what you want to do when you grow up.
What you'd like to learnI want to change all those times I said "fair" or "good" or "moderate" to "accomplished". This is a good place to pick up some of the pointers as a Ranch Ninja :awesome:

I absolutely suck at all things "computer" beyond surfing, printing, blogging. For example, I have yet to find a picture that fits the profile pic requirements. I'm sure my granddaughter could do it in 30 secs. Computers irritate me and I hope they are just a fad. C'mon PAW!

I'm married and have 3 1/2 grown kids (21, 28, 30, 30) and two grandkids (3, 8). They are the reason I prep.

I just changed jobs from 20+ years of high overtime rotating shift work. It's kinda like coming home from Mars and rejoining society. I'm not much of a social animal, but I do like people and plan to get out more. Have patience on my spotty attendance at first regarding functions. Never hesitate to message me if you need anything.

I'm one of those people who not only wants to bug in, but wants to save my tiny community in a crisis. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out ways to do that on an ant's pay in a family and community of mostly grasshoppers.
Boldly going nowhere

Razor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Razor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Good to see another 11B running around here. Welcome to the freak show. :D
Absit invidia.

mrwolfen28

Post by mrwolfen28 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome Zimmy, Glad to have you

tylerolso

Post by tylerolso » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Tyler Olson
R&D department at machine technologies
General handyman, can drive almost everything, very active shooter, currently a college student
I'd really like to learn more about hunter different game so I'm not always buying meat

DallasN2O

Post by DallasN2O » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am

Name: Dallas

Job: Finance Manager for a car dealer, in a previous life I was an Engineer for Raytheon Defense Systems on the PATRIOT PAC-2 SAM and HAWK missile defense systems. No military, just a computer nerd with too many degrees. Also used to be an Electro-Mechanical Engineer for Pitney Bowes.

Skills/Interests: I can fix/test/build/program/repair anything with a circuit board, I like to build/tune import cars, engines, go drag racing (legally), have put Nitrous Oxide on just about everything with wheels (hence the N2O in my name, lol), firearms, shooting, reading zombie books, general prepping.

What you'd like to learn: First aid, CPR, wilderness survival and hunting, carpentry..

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Welcome, Tyler and Dallas. Glad to have you both.

GR1MSTONE

Post by GR1MSTONE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Welcome to the winning team.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “ZSC:019”