ZSC:016 informal event

Discussion forum for the Metro Atlanta chapter

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 016 Officers

Slugg

ZSC:016 informal event

Post by Slugg » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 am

I'm checking to see if anyone wants to do something informal just for some preparedness or hobby time. My current thoughts are something outdoors or something indoor to dodge the heat.

Outdoor- fishing at High Falls state park off I-75. Could be a 1 day in and out thing or they offer camping. We could do a simple one night stay to ease the travel.
Indoor/outdoor- Ham Radio antenna building as a group. People bring what they have for building and we all work on various antenna types. We could then step outside to test the radio and antenna setups.
Indoor- We could run a build evening where we build something individually, but as a group to bounce ideas and share tools if someone doesn't have them all. Building ideas could be as cheap as a PVC bow for less than $3 or as big as everyone going out to buy an AR15 lower and lower parts kit to assemble. AR lowers run around $50 and LPK start around $30.

If anyone has any interest post away and we can see.
The future is for those who prepare.

Slugg

Re: ZSC:016 informal event

Post by Slugg » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:08 pm

There is a preparedness network that has a meeting coming up August 24th for a lunch potluck, meet and greet, and a preparedness equipment swap. I'll be heading up there to see what people bring and to meet some other preparedness minded people. If anyone else is interested I can get you more details. It's in metro Atlanta.
The future is for those who prepare.

Return to “ZSC:016”