Great Weekend Shoot!

Forum for West Texas members

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 013 Officers

painless

Great Weekend Shoot!

Post by painless » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:37 pm

What a great Weekend! Good camping, good people and LOTS of great shooting! Thanks to the Howard boys for putting on a good time. Really enjoyed putting some faces on the names and getting outside for a couple of nights. Any of you that missed it…..you missed out. VERY GOOD TRAINING thanks to Parrot & Spencer. Tons of stuff to practice on and improve on (at least for remedial students like me) and knowledge to last a lifetime. Thanks to all!!
Old enough to know better….too stupid to keep my mouth shut about it.

TxMedic645

Re: Great Weekend Shoot!

Post by TxMedic645 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:48 pm

Well I talked to greg today, and he had a great time. Actually everybody I talked to had a great time. We're going to start planning the next event, but wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they'd like to see, and what they'd like to do.

Would you guys rather have a rifle course with basic rifle insctuction (kinda similar to the pistol shooting we did.) or would you guys rather have another handgun course with some more practical applications. (ie shooting from sitting. Etc.. )

Just let me know what ya'll like to see and we're going to start getting it worked out.
phil_in_cs wrote:Everyone ought to live in Texas. But not everyone has the cajones.

PM me and ask me how to become a member of the Zombie Squad Discount Group!
www.militiasupply.com

painless

Post by painless » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 am

Would love to see a long gun course or maybe a combat shotgun course. Basic rifle would not be as appealing to me as a more advanced rifle or even a long range/sniper training. Sniper part might not be considered appropriate, however.
Old enough to know better….too stupid to keep my mouth shut about it.

GunsUp
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, resident evil

Post by GunsUp » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:35 pm

I'd be interested in either basic rifle or more handgun, or maybe even some force on force with airsoft. I think even if you have done basic rifle, a refresher and more practice never hurts. Never know when you will learn something new. That's why most instructors are required to get continuing education credits.

For long range shooting, I'd recommend starting with the Appleseed class. It's all done at short range, but sets up the fundamentals for long range. There is one in new deal come December.

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:013”