Forum for West Texas members

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 013 Officers

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

ZS:013 Public Event

Post by Keith B » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 am

I found a great opportunity for us to help spread the word!

On Nov 6th the LDS church in Canyon, Texas is having a preparedness open house and they are inviting people in to set up booths, do demonstartions, etc.

So far the Red Cross is going to be there, another prepper group from Amarillo is going to be there, and one more group that I cant remember. Not to mention that there will be seminars on water and food storage. They are still looking for Ham Radio operators and some other things. They have graciously offered a booth to ZS.

I could use a few more bodies to help man the booth, maybe display your BOB. I know that I will display one of my kids 36 hour kits, and one (or two) of my own kits. I am also willing to work on a ZS display that can be put out on a table, and to make up some flyers and pamplets.

Who's with me?
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Keith B
Resident Evil 3

Re: ZS:013 Public Event

Post by Keith B » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:14 pm

I want to thank CH-13's other active member for joining me yesterday! We had a great time and spread the word about BOB's. One could say that we even learned a bit as well. It looks like we are well on the way to developing a great display and layout! Regretfully, there are no pictures to display. But we set up some BOB's on two tables, a FAK and some water treatment items. The kids BOB and Basic BOB seemed to go over the best. There was not a lot of interest in the big ones.

In the future, our display will be smaller and cover only the basics. This seems to be the best, and more hands on stuff. Some water treatment stuff and maybe some hands on taste testing of survival bars.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:36 pm

Good job for making this happen!
sigboy40 wrote: maybe some hands on taste testing of survival bars.
Food is always good - maybe a batch of "Squirrelly's Hardtack"? That stuff is better than many cookies and keeps pretty long. I'm not sure how long as my wife and daughter always find it and eat it before too many months go by.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Keith B
Resident Evil 3

Post by Keith B » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 am

Believe it or not, several displays had the survival bars, the Lifeboat rations, mainstay, etc. People were really interested and wanted to know what they tasted like. GunsUp did a tatse test thread a year or two ago and carried all four around for people to try. We are thinking of settting up something similiar to that again. Sure it will cost us a few bucks each time, but it does rotate our stock.

Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:013”