UK Chapter Discussion

Discussion forum for the United Kingdom ZS chapter

Moderator: ZS Chapter Volunteers

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

UK Chapter Discussion

Post by Brash » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:10 am

The guys in Cambridge requested this thread so here it is. A discussion on the practicalities of getting a chapter started. We discussed the charity run and I think everyone liked that idea but we need an appropriate nationwide charity. Suggestions?

Mole

Post by Mole » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:47 am

Well, pretty much anything with National in it's name might be a start. ;)

My votes go towards either cancer or children's charities.

http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/

Nexy

Post by Nexy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:55 am

I'd rather Children's charities, Child Line is always a good one as is NSPCC. No-one objects to childrens charities (whereas some cancer charities fund animal testing, something I'm extremely opposed to.)

Another approach may be to split monies raised between multiple air ambulance charities, Herts are trying to raise funds to get their own Air Ambulance so we can donate to Herts instead/as well.

I think a national kids charity would be a good one, especially for our first effort, but I think we should list all the options first. Another couple would be Amnesty International and Greenpeace.
ZSC:010- UK Chapter

L1Z4RD

Post by L1Z4RD » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:19 am

Save the Lizard Foundation

All those little lizards running around, waiting for their tails to grow back. Won't you open your hearts?

I'm sorry, please don't ban me.
ImageImage

HK33K, R.I.P.
Jeriah, R.I.P.
Xbox Live Gamertag: XxL1Z4RDxX
Regular Guy wrote:Lizard looks like he can bend steel by looking at it.

Brash
Favorite Zombie Movies: NOTLD, Dawn of the Dead (Original), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, Special Dead.

Post by Brash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:08 am

I'm not going to ban you. I have plans for you.

I'm cool with one of the childrens charities. Helping children always eases the guilt after a long day of animal testing.

Sorry Will. Couldn't help myself. :lol:

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 am

I believe you all should slow the fuck down, as it will be a roadway paved with fail if you all get a chapter up before we Australians looking down the barrel of the first ZS National chapterhouse don't get ZS-005 up before you all do...

There. The gauntlet has been thrown down.

I fear no teeth rattling jaw crackling gauntlet across the face in return as acceptance of this challenge unless it is Dave/Krootox that does it. James/Brash is a big guy, don't get me wrong but Dave is not a Babyface like Brash is and there is always that... ...p3rv3rt3d/scary/d3rang3d ... thing that Dave has going for him in addition to being a big m*therf*cker.

The picture of Orion in the Cambridge thread in tandem with his new sig scares me more than any pics of Dave I have seen on ZS in the last 3 months.

You's is all going dahn. 'ard chavs. 'ard.
-
-

ps: Greenpeace = maybe not such a good plan IMHO YMMV as some sectors refer to them as the "t" word.
-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:50 am

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:I believe you all should slow the fuck down, as it will be a roadway paved with fail if you all get a chapter up before we Australians looking down the barrel of the first ZS National chapterhouse don't get ZS-005 up before you all do...

I fear no teeth rattling jaw crackling gauntlet across the face in return as acceptance of this challenge unless it is Dave/Krootox that does it. James/Brash is a big guy, don't get me wrong but Dave is not a Babyface like Brash is and there is always that... ...p3rv3rt3d/scary/d3rang3d ... thing that Dave has going for him in addition to being a big m*therf*cker.

The picture of Orion in the Cambridge thread in tandem with his new sig scares me more than any pics of Dave I have seen on ZS in the last 3 months.
ps: Greenpeace = maybe not such a good plan IMHO YMMV as some sectors refer to them as the "t" word.
-
Y'all just bring it on.
"Ya iz lucky ah cant breathe or ah would walk up an' down yo' aussie ass you know das right!"

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:56 am

Orion wrote:
Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote:I believe you all should slow the fuck down, as it will be a roadway paved with fail if you all get a chapter up before we Australians looking down the barrel of the first ZS National chapterhouse don't get ZS-005 up before you all do...

-
Y'all just bring it on.
"Ya iz lucky ah cant breathe or ah would walk up an' down yo' aussie ass you know das right!"

International Post-Colonial Throwdown is Go!
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Brash

Post by Brash » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote: You's is all going dahn. 'ard chavs. 'ard.
We still have a hell of a way to go down before we reach your most southern of continents you sheep farming convict. :lol:

Game on mate. Challenge accepted! :D

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Brash wrote:
Tetra Grammaton Cleric wrote: You's is all going dahn. 'ard chavs. 'ard.
you sheep farming convict. :lol:

Just sayin' ;)
Doctor Z. wrote: “That’s it! New rule! We never – ever – put ANYTHING in the puppy’s butt!”

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:32 pm

:lol: Now now, lets all play nicely. No charges were ever brought, so the convict bit dosn't really stick.

And in fairness, I highly doubt any actual farming's been done in Wales for quite some time.

Having said that, unite against the common enemy! Although is it legal to gang up against an ex-commonwealth member?

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:14 pm

Can't we just Unite against France?
It's easier...and cheap booze! Back in time for tea and crumpets!
Doctor Z. wrote: “That’s it! New rule! We never – ever – put ANYTHING in the puppy’s butt!”

krootox1986
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead (original), shaun of the dead, dead set

Post by krootox1986 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:05 am

I like your thinking hudson. just to get back on topic i wouldn't give greenpeace the time of day. Its nothing about what they stand for as i do agree with them. Its those damn clipboards you get in town. This is why i don't like town i get bombarded by so many different charities its unreal. greenpeace, nspcc, help the aged. It drives me crazy. I'll probably end up doing exactly what you guys do anyway as i'm a goon like that :lol:
Make mine an Ale

sheddi
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

Post by sheddi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:27 am

Hudson wrote:Can't we just Unite against France?
I thought we were already united against France!

As for charities, how about one of:
Save the Children
Oxfam
The British Red Cross

Or just give it to the Disasters Emergency Committee and let them dole it out.

Bear in mind that for most UK charities, there's advantages (to them) if you Gift Aid your donation, but IIRC that's only available for donations from individual taxpayers not collective donations. (Eg. if I give £1, Brash gives £1 and Nexy gives £1 we can all use Gift Aid, but if Brash and each I give £1 to Nexy and he then gives £3, strictly speaking he can't use Gift Aid.)
Be Pure!
Be Vigilant!
Behave!

ZSC:010 - UK Chapter
My EDC / GHB (needs updating)
Foundation licence holder - Mike-Six-mumble-mumble-mumble.

Mole

Post by Mole » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:27 am

Childline is a good suggestion.

Save the Children is OK but the funds get distributed around the world. I think we should go for a UK-only charity - as they say charity starts at home. ;)

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:50 am

Bloody kids. (Mumble mumble mutter).

There's nothing wrong with them a sound beating won't cure!

Anyway; my suggesstion is as such.

KayGee
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead'04

Post by KayGee » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Hudson wrote:
Anyway; my suggesstion is as such.

Though I like the idea of a childrens charity too.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Meh. I just hate kids... ;)

Brash

Post by Brash » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:09 pm

You hate them, they fear you. :D

I'm down for supporting Help for Heroes.

Aeon

Post by Aeon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:10 pm

Brash is just jealous cos his ristraining order dosnt allow him the proximity to scare kids.

I too am all for the Help for Heroes bid.

krootox1986
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead (original), shaun of the dead, dead set

Post by krootox1986 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:25 am

yeah help for heroes should be good. I can't recall them having those annoying clipboard people in town so i'm in
Make mine an Ale

Ad'lan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Rabid (1977)

Post by Ad'lan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:38 am

I'm in for help for Hero's as well.

So, sponsorded run then? Sponsored Bugout with set weight?
My Guide to making your own Bowstring
My Guide to making your own Flint Arrowheads
My Guide to Fletching
My Guide to Primitive Fletching
Cymro wrote:Seriously, I'm not sure I'd fuck with Ad'lan if he had his bow with him. I just don't see that ending well.
Please Check out my PAW Story, Fagin

krootox1986

Post by krootox1986 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:12 am

welp i better get started on a B.O.B then lol
Make mine an Ale

Hudson

Post by Hudson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:59 pm

Brash wrote:You hate them, they fear you. :D

I'm down for supporting Help for Heroes.
Hey...don't make me break out my Maddie Jokes again...

Return to “INACTIVE - ZSC:010”