May 1st civil troubles last year iirc?

Forum for the Pacific Northwest chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 005 Officers

Mr_Sheesh

May 1st civil troubles last year iirc?

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 pm

Just mentioning this as IIRC last year there were some problems - In downtown Seattle, last year, IIRC, there were some riots, possibly even fire bombs and property destruction? If so, we may all want to stay away from that sort of thing, to be safe. Wisdom is cheap, hindsight is costly! :) Hope this helps.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

maxisback
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead

Re: May 1st civil troubles last year iirc?

Post by maxisback » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am

You got that right. I help run a high rise in downtown, and we've been warned to be prepared. We have a lock-down plan in place and are going to be keeping a look-out. If you don't have to be downtown, don't be.

Since the Boston bombing, anyone foolish enough to start anything is going to get their neck stepped on right away. therefore, I don't expect too much. On the other hand, "Plan for the worst, and hope for the best"
Who Dares, Wins

Mr_Sheesh

Post by Mr_Sheesh » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 am

I imagine so - You just never know, and avoiding possible troubles is cheap compared to the potential problems.
“Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” ― Albert Einstein

JustInCase

Post by JustInCase » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:49 am

What is IIRC? :?
Former member of Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children
Strength and Honor!

http://www.meetup.com/SouthPugetSoundPreppers/

MEANTREE

Post by MEANTREE » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 am

This conversation brings up a good point of discussion for those of us that are not able to avoid the downtown areas and have to be in the potential impact area.

What will you do if riots or worse a bombing occurs? What if there is a shelter in place order given? Does you employer have necessary supplies for you and your coworkers? Do they have a policy against CPL? Where is your bug or bag? Is your emergency communication plan in place with family members? Remember that cell phone communication was halted after the bombings.

With recent events and past history, it is prudent to think and plan accordingly for these traditional dates of unrest.

Be safe chapter members, but be prepared for danger.

MEANTREE
raptorman wrote:You're such a bitch. I should break your bones in alphabetical order.

Wildcat1227

Post by Wildcat1227 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:57 am

JustInCase wrote:What is IIRC? :?
If I recall correctly or If I remember correctly...

Return to “ZSC:005”