General Fitness Discussion thread

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Re: General Fitness Discussion thread

Post by ninja-elbow » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:50 am

Got an impromptu workout yesterday at work. Once a month we get a pallet of flattened file boxes in and it is usually my job (as I am the onoy one willing to do it) to take them off the pallet and stack them on top of the shelves in our "penthouse" ... or upstairs in the 17th floor fileroom that is all pipes and concrete and file shelves and no AC. It is typically 10 degrees hotter up there than outside, so it was about 88 degrees up there late afternoon. I took my button-up shirt off to keep it from getting too sweaty.

The flat boxes are bound together and have handles. I did some shoulder rotations while holding them. Felt good to get that going and do some "kettle bell" work :) Also did some standing curls and tricep extensions. All in all did about 15 minutes of work out on top of getting the job done.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

NOVA_ops
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by NOVA_ops » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:46 pm

I'll bite:

I'm 5'8", 160lbs with a BMI of 17%
I do not have any food allergies, but my diet consists of:
-no red meat
-no GMOs
-no gluten
-no fast food (going on 2.5 yrs since last eaten)
-no high-fructose corn syrup
-no artifical sweeteners
-no artificial dyes
-organic dairy, veggies and fruit only
-180g of protein a day

Do you have concrete goals? (eg shed 50lbs in weight, run 5k etc)
I'm trying to achieve a BMI of 12% and be able to run 3 miles in 21 minutes or less

What exercises are you focusing on?
I mostly focus on manipulating my own body weight and running, but I do lite lifting once of twice a week

What questions do you have for the more experienced people here?
What is consider the optimal body type and fat amounts for long term survival? Obviously, if I have less fat to sustain myself, I would starve quicker than someone who is slightly overweight.

What have you had success with?
Changing my diet. I have an incredible amount of energy, but I often wonder, in the PAW if I would suffer greater than others with a poorer diet because I would most likely not be eating the same things my body has grown acustom to.

Where are your weaknesses?
Using my body for self defense. I have not been in a physical fight since I was 18, and I'm now almost 33.

What are you doing to fix them?
Start a fight with a random stranger and see how I fair.. just kidding. There is a pretty reputable training center near home, and I also work with the Marines on a weekly basis, so maybe I could get them to kick my ass for fun.

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:08 pm

NOVA_ops wrote:
-no red meat
-no GMOs
-no gluten
-no artifical sweeteners
-no artificial dyes
-180g of protein a day
I am curious and interested, how does your daily menu look with those? Right off he tip of my mind I am seeing salads with chicken on top. I know there is more than that though.
President ZSC011

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:48 am

Question I've been having trouble with. I was trying to keep a better/more accurate log of my workouts, and I keep running into a few walls. Namely, I know the USMC names for exercises, but don't know the "real" name. For instance, I always thought burpees/squat thrusts were called buddyfuckers or Dan Daleys.

I'm having trouble naming:

Ammo can lift:

Picture should explain. 30lb, standing press from the chest to full extension.

I'll probably come up with more as they cycle in.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

NOVA_ops

Post by NOVA_ops » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 am

ninja-elbow wrote:
NOVA_ops wrote:
-no red meat
-no GMOs
-no gluten
-no artifical sweeteners
-no artificial dyes
-180g of protein a day
I am curious and interested, how does your daily menu look with those? Right off he tip of my mind I am seeing salads with chicken on top. I know there is more than that though.
My daughter was diagnosed with Celiac's disease at 18 mos (she is now 4), and as difficult of a transition as it was to make the house totally gluten-free (she is really sensitive to gluten), it was a blessing in disguise. We took a very hard look at the things that we were consuming, and its snowballed from there. We cut out non-organic dairy in attempts to prevent my daughter from growing boobies at age 7. We cut out artificial dyes because most of them are toxic (check your Kraft mac and cheese - yellow #7). We drink only filter tap water and bottled water we know has no flouride, use only aluminmum-free deoderant and polyparaben-free soaps and shampoos... and it goes on and on... not to an obsessive point, but you get the picture. Its impossible (and no fun) to completely eliminate all the nasties from our daily consumption and use, but we try to limit it to only the things we can't afford or just simply aren't feasable/realistic. There must be balance - its not like I'm going to deny my children the necessary vaccinantions, but I'm also not going to pump them full of mercury and heavy metals with annual flu shots or the chicken pox vaccine.

Nevertheless, we are on the verge of becoming "those people," and by that I mean, we were invited to a cookout last weekend and we debated whether it was rude to bring our own chicken knowing they would be serving only 80/20 burgers and nirate/nitrite filled hotdogs. Ultimately, we ate burgers with no buns. I have a pretty strict eating regiment, which I'm sure would go right out the window in the event of an emergency/ZPAW, but here's my daily intake:

0430 - rise and shine
0530 - metabolism-activating tea and 3 different multivitamin suppliments
0600 - protein shake - 22oz
0800 - protein snack - 30g (usually Greek yougart w/ berries and raw almonds, along with two cheese sticks)
1100 - metabolism-activating tea and 3 different multivitamin suppliments
1130 - protein shake - 22oz
1400 - protein snack - 30g (usually salmon, 1tbsp mayo, garlic, onions - i smell really great after this one, possibly some roasted edamame)
1730 - dinner & 2 multivitamin suppliments (dinner is usually 6oz chicken, pork or turkey, a veggie and a sweet potato, or some combination of the three)
2030 - evening exercise (3 nights a week) sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, burpees, etc., light weights, cardio, or some workout video of the wife's choosing - all with the intent of being able to easy manipulate my body weight, get "harder," and endure longer (and look good too).
2130 - protein snack or shake
2230 - bedtime

There you have it. This nutrition and basic exercise plan has really suited me well. I have tons of energy, sleep only 6 hours a night, cannot remember the last time I even had a cold and feel the best I've ever felt in my adult life. I still have a ways to go before I reach my endurance goals ( I was a heavy smoker for 13 years, so my lungs are not in the best shape, and hold me back when running). This is a lot of info and maybe seems totally unrealistic for some to achieve, but I think for the most part its about being conscious of the things we put in our bodies and what impact they have on our health and wellbeing. Im not certified or claim to have it all figured out, but it seems to work for me, and I'll be happy to answer any questions :words:

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:26 am

NOVA_ops wrote:a good post:
Can you give the recipe for your protein shake and sepcifically which vitamin supplements you take? I am 99% certain the switch to gluten free is happening for me in the near future, but I am hesitant to do it until I learn more (and my current stock of gluten items are used up), and specifically how to replace wheat bread in my diet. I LOVE bread. I can eat rice noodles and be fine, but a thick slice of chunky fresh bread makes my mouth water typing about it. :D

I have switched out one "normal" meal for two fruit smoothies with a scoop of bionic edge protein powder, made in a Vitamix blender to keep the fiber, but That is where my changes have stopped for now.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:13 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Question I've been having trouble with. I was trying to keep a better/more accurate log of my workouts, and I keep running into a few walls. Namely, I know the USMC names for exercises, but don't know the "real" name. For instance, I always thought burpees/squat thrusts were called buddyfuckers or Dan Daleys.

Ammo can lift:

The new Marine combat fitness test is more difficult to administer, but a far better test of what Marines (or soldiers) are actually called on to do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Fitness_Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:15 pm

phil_in_cs wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Question I've been having trouble with. I was trying to keep a better/more accurate log of my workouts, and I keep running into a few walls. Namely, I know the USMC names for exercises, but don't know the "real" name. For instance, I always thought burpees/squat thrusts were called buddyfuckers or Dan Daleys.

Ammo can lift:

The new Marine combat fitness test is more difficult to administer, but a far better test of what Marines (or soldiers) are actually called on to do.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Fitness_Test" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ammo can lift is part of the CFT. I think Doc might already be familiar with it. ;-)

Doc, the ammo can lift is just a push press with an ammo can.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:54 pm

Ammo can lift:
[img]http://www.miramar.usmc.mil/stories/ima ... to461.jpgg]

This should help you name most exercises you are curious about:

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html
Adrian Teaches Kipping, Part I [wmv][mov] » Jan 11 08
Adrian Teaches Kipping, Part II [wmv][mov] » Jan 16 08
Adrian Teaches Kipping, Using the Hips [wmv][mov] » Feb 1 08
Air Squat Demo w/explanations [wmv][mov]
Back Extension, Hip Extension, Hip-back Extension [ wmv]
Back Squat (aka Squat) [mpg]
Ball Slams [wmv][mov]
Barbell Snatch [wmv]
Bar Muscle-up [wmv]
Box Jump Variations [ wmv]
Burpee Demo [wmv]
Clean & Jerk [wmv][mov] Clean [wmv][mov]
Developing Pushups [wmv][mov] » May 19 07
Dip [wmv]
Double-Unders (Brendan Gilliam demo) [wmv][mov]
Double Unders [wmv]
Dumbell Snatch tri-panel [wmv]
Dumbell Split Lifts [wmv][mov]
Eva Teaches the Kipping Pull-up [wmv]
Front Lever Pull-ups [mpg]
Front Squat Good/Bad Bi-panel [wmv][mov]
Glute-Ham Sit-up Elements Lecture Clip [wmv][mov]
Glute-Ham Sit-up [wmv]
Greg Amundson's Warmup [wmv][mov]
Handstand Push-up [mov]
Handstand Push-up Variations [wmv]
Handstand (self assist) [wmv]
Hang Clean [wmv][mov]
Hang Power Clean [wmv][mov]
Hang Power Snatch [wmv][mov]
Hang Snatch [wmv][mov]
Heaving Snatch Balance [wmv][mov]
Jerk [wmv][mov]
Jerk (behind the head) [wmv][mov]
Jolie's Rope Climbing Tips [wmv][mov] » Apr 6 08
Jumping Squats (Coach Burgener) [wmv][mov]
Jumping Pullups [wmv]
Kettlebell swings [wmv][mov]
Kipping Pullup Concepts [ wmv]
Kipping Pullups, Step 1 [wmv][mov] » Nov 29 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 2 [wmv][mov] » Dec 4 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 3 [wmv][mov] » Dec 10 07
Kipping Pullups, Step 4 [wmv][mov] » Dec 15 07
(The) Kipping Pushup? (CrossFit HEL) [wmv][mov] » Feb 14 08
Knees to Elbows Demo [mov][wmv]
L-sit-demo [wmv]
Medicine Ball Cleans [wmv][mov]
Muscle-up/False Grip Demo [wmv]
Overhead Squatting Safely [wmv][mov]
Overhead Squat [wmv]
Power Clean [wmv][mov]
Power Snatch [wmv][mov]
Pressing Snatch Balance [wmv][mov]
Pressing Snatch Balance, slo-mo [wmv]
Pull-up [rmvb]
Push Jerk [wmv][mov]
Push Jerk (behind the head) [wmv][mov]
Push Press [wmv][mov]
Push Press (behind the head) [wmv][mov]
Push-up Standards [wmv][mov] » Jun 06 07
Ring Dips [ wmv]
Ring Dips (CFJ Preview) [wmv][mov] » Sept 15 09
Rope Climb Variations (Annie) [wmv][mov] » Sept 6 07
Shoulder Press/Push Press/Push Jerk tri-panel [wmv]
Shoulder Press-Push Press-Push Jerk [ wmv]
Snatch [wmv] [mov] [link]
Snatch Balance [wmv] [mov]
Strict vs Kipping Pullup Demo [wmv]
Tabata Squat Demo-3 Flying Ladies [wmv]
Thruster tri-panel [mov][wmv]
Towel Pullup & Variations [wmv][ mov]
Wall Ball/Karen [mov][wmv]
Walking Lunges [wmv][mov]
Weighted Pullup Variations [wmv][mov]

NOVA_ops

Post by NOVA_ops » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Murphman wrote:
Can you give the recipe for your protein shake and sepcifically which vitamin supplements you take? I am 99% certain the switch to gluten free is happening for me in the near future, but I am hesitant to do it until I learn more (and my current stock of gluten items are used up), and specifically how to replace wheat bread in my diet. I LOVE bread. I can eat rice noodles and be fine, but a thick slice of chunky fresh bread makes my mouth water typing about it. :D

I have switched out one "normal" meal for two fruit smoothies with a scoop of bionic edge protein powder, made in a Vitamix blender to keep the fiber, but That is where my changes have stopped for now.
Gotta love the Vitamix! That would be a must have running off solar in the PAW :mrgreen:

I am currently on the Herbalife Herbaheros diet. Herbalife is kinda culty, so I don't usually put that out there. There's a lot of weirdos who pedal it (its a pyramid scheme co.), but it helped my wife lose the baby weight and gives us the energy to keep up with two small children and plenty of juice left to work out. If you are on FB, search for Herbaheros. The shakes are a combo of caloric meal replacement powder (I believe it contains the same amount of nutrients you would gaiin from a 2500 calorie meal) and a protien powder. The Suppliments again are Herbalife - one multivitamin and two that aid in fat burning (but none of the crazy xenadrine/caffine/jittery/bad for your heart type). We are very selective about what we put in our bodies... however Herbalife does contain sucralose, which I am not a fan of.

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

NOVA_ops wrote:
Murphman wrote:

Gotta love the Vitamix! That would be a must have running off solar in the PAW :mrgreen:

I am currently on the Herbalife Herbaheros diet. Herbalife is kinda culty, so I don't usually put that out there. There's a lot of weirdos who pedal it (its a pyramid scheme co.), but it helped my wife lose the baby weight and gives us the energy to keep up with two small children and plenty of juice left to work out. If you are on FB, search for Herbaheros. The shakes are a combo of caloric meal replacement powder (I believe it contains the same amount of nutrients you would gaiin from a 2500 calorie meal) and a protien powder. The Suppliments again are Herbalife - one multivitamin and two that aid in fat burning (but none of the crazy xenadrine/caffine/jittery/bad for your heart type). We are very selective about what we put in our bodies... however Herbalife does contain sucralose, which I am not a fan of.
I need to figure out how much power I need to run that on solar, and with the Vitamix, you know how easy it is to make flour, and now understand my penchant for crusty bread...

I have looked into Herbalife before, but I tend to stay away from ideas that comple me to buy someone's product.

We have made the switch to whole grains, natural sugars, organic fruits and veggies (many grown ourselves), and organic meat. Think Paleo, but with the grains and fruits. Instead of harkening back to the days of the hunter gatherers, we harken back to the Egyptians. We try to eat in season and preserve for when out of season.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 pm

TDW586 wrote:
phil_in_cs wrote:

Ammo can lift:

The ammo can lift is part of the CFT. I think Doc might already be familiar with it. ;-)

Doc, the ammo can lift is just a push press with an ammo can.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Awesome, thanks.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:40 pm

Murphman wrote:

Thanks Nova_ops. I am GF friendly as my wife is sensitive, if not with Celiac's (trying to figure that out right now - 2 Doctors have told her 2 different things).
President ZSC011

firedog25

Post by firedog25 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:09 am

I believe in having reserve stores. Now I'm not saying be like Big Country Nelson, but having a bit of blub for the body to fall back on. I'm 5'9" and 190 of non-sedentary pounds. Is about 15 of that pure chunk? Sure, partially by design and partially by my addiction to ice cream. Point being, when it comes down to a long slog and rations are thin I know I'll have some extra oomph... Plus everyone will want to be my little spoon in the cold. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mr.trooper

Post by mr.trooper » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Since joining an ERO team a few years ago, I've actually had to start implementing some kind of daily routine so I can make my bi-annual PT tests. I used to be almost completely sedentary, both at work and at home. Since changing careers I do more physical activity on the job, but it wasn't enough to meet my goals.

I started very basic just by doing pushups and situps at home, during the commercial breaks on TV. That gave me some improvement, but still not enough to meet my goal of turning from couch potato to second string tactical.

I did some research online and got some pointers on technique. That boosted some reps, but I still was not where I needed to be happy with myself.

I started reading some books on strength training that my buddy sent me, and that really clicked. I started pushing harder to get stronger - I made those pushup sets inclines instead of standard, and using kettle bells to work my legs more in squats.

Another tip I picked up was adding some quick exercises like windmills and the turn & bounce - those boosted my pushup endurance a bit as well, and lately I've been adding the weight of my rifle to those as well.
Alcoholic Fudd

YouTube Channel

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:20 pm

April 1st was 345 pounds.
June 8 weigh-in was 319 pounds.

Clothing is fitting good and 2 pairs of my work/office pants are too big for me. XXL t-shirts give full coverage of my belly. :P Not going to buy any new clothes until I'm 280-290.

Took a weekend off from any activity other than the usual. Painted minis and grilled meat this weekend instead. Also ate 6 Oreo cookies yesterday and got sick. Whoops. (seriously, I had to throw up). Last time I lost weight in 2004 the same thing happened to me with some rally rish chocolate cake. Shows how "used to" eating crap we can get and how, after a few months of not eating large amounts of crap, it can affect you.
President ZSC011

irukandji

Post by irukandji » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 am

ninja-elbow wrote:April 1st was 345 pounds.
June 8 weigh-in was 319 pounds.

Clothing is fitting good and 2 pairs of my work/office pants are too big for me. XXL t-shirts give full coverage of my belly. :P Not going to buy any new clothes until I'm 280-290.

Took a weekend off from any activity other than the usual. Painted minis and grilled meat this weekend instead. Also ate 6 Oreo cookies yesterday and got sick. Whoops. (seriously, I had to throw up). Last time I lost weight in 2004 the same thing happened to me with some rally rish chocolate cake. Shows how "used to" eating crap we can get and how, after a few months of not eating large amounts of crap, it can affect you.
Nice work man, funny how the body adjusts eh? :rofl:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. - Dean Vernon Wormer

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:24 am

Okay, I've been hitting the exercise and diet harder this past week. I'm hovering between 1000-1500 calories net intake depending on workout. Now, it's working, slowly but I'm down to 214 and staying there. Not a sharp decline as before but it's about 2 lbs a week. I've upped my protein intake to 90-100 g. I'm still short there.

Here's my issue, I wake up at around 3-4am very hungry. I eat either a bananna or a protein bar and go back to bed. Not a big deal but I'm not liking waking up hungry. Disturbs my blissful beauty rest.

Does anyone have any suggestion to hold me over the night so I don't wake up? Or I'm I just going to have to suck it up, life ain't easy? Which is fine but given the choice, I prefer not to embrace the suck.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:42 am

Regular Guy wrote:

Here's my issue, I wake up at around 3-4am very hungry. I eat either a bananna or a protein bar and go back to bed. Not a big deal but I'm not liking waking up hungry. Disturbs my blissful beauty rest.

Does anyone have any suggestion to hold me over the night so I don't wake up? Or I'm I just going to have to suck it up, life ain't easy? Which is fine but given the choice, I prefer not to embrace the suck.
Read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and decide if waking up like that is really such a bad thing ;)
Man is a beast of prey

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:07 am

the_alias wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:

Read this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16964783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and decide if waking up like that is really such a bad thing ;)
Very interesting article.

RG - did you try drinking a large glass of water? I used to be the same way, but replaced the snack with a 32 ounce glass of water, of which I chug as much as I can. I hav eyet to finish the whole thing, but it fills the belly and typically ensures that I don't miss my alarm in a few hours. :)

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am

Interesting. Sleep is a funny thing. Thanks for that article, something more to research and meditate on.

I haven't slept straight for a night in years, it normal for me to wake quite often and I rarely sleep 8 hours, closer to 6-7 with periods of waking. However, it's the hungry part that's bothering me, not the waking part.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am

Murphman wrote:RG - did you try drinking a large glass of water? I used to be the same way, but replaced the snack with a 32 ounce glass of water, of which I chug as much as I can. I hav eyet to finish the whole thing, but it fills the belly and typically ensures that I don't miss my alarm in a few hours. :)
No but I will. Thanks for the suggestion.

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:47 am

Regular Guy wrote:Interesting. Sleep is a funny thing. Thanks for that article, something more to research and meditate on.

I haven't slept straight for a night in years, it normal for me to wake quite often and I rarely sleep 8 hours, closer to 6-7 with periods of waking. However, it's the hungry part that's bothering me, not the waking part.
Once men are past 40, sleeping a full night is very rare. Prostate enlargement leading to needing to get up and pee more often if nothing else.

edit: for older guys, drinking water late is not good for sleeping. See about about needing to piss more often.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Got my Goruck in about 8 hours, just met some guys from it who have done it before. Quite nervous. Wish me luck guys!
Man is a beast of prey

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”