CNN Preps for Doomsday

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gambino

CNN Preps for Doomsday

Post by Gambino » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:26 am

Last edited by Gambino on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete!!!

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: CNN Preps for Doomsday

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

Interesting. If the original author of the list did indeed spend $130,000 already and still needs these items my question is simply what did he buy already?
Patrick Geryl, who has spent more than $130,000 preparing for doomsday, sent CNNMoney his list of the nearly 100 survival items that he plans to purchase before December. 21, 2012 -- the day he believes the world as we know it will end.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am

Meh. Sounds like a CNNMoney reader just emailed it for inclusion in some journalist's blog. I don't see any special significance to this beyond it appeared somewhere on the internet.

If the author had some interesting credenitals, I'd take notice. But it seems to be just another doomsday list someone has pulled together.

LtCmdLeia
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by LtCmdLeia » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 pm

meh.. there's a prequel to this story http://money.cnn.com/2012/03/13/pf/doom ... /index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems he wrote "How to Survive 2012" and eight other books about 2012 TEOTWAWKI. He doesn't go into specifics on that page about his $130,000 worth of preps either.

The 100 items preps list is really no different from any other list with the exception of this item; Drafting Table -- for charting stars in the sky... okeedokee then.

Not sure I'd care what he has to say since he thinks the world will end ON Dec 21, 2012 and his bug out plans are to hide in a bunker in South Africa (he lives in Belgium .. uh huh?) and he hasn't even planned how to get there yet. He better figure something out soon.
"So this is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause" ... Senator Padmé Amidala, Star Wars, Episode 3, Revenge of the Sith

ImageImageImage

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:59 pm

LtCmdLeia wrote: Not sure I'd care what he has to say since he thinks the world will end ON Dec 21, 2012 and his bug out plans are to hide in a bunker in South Africa (he lives in Belgium .. uh huh?) and he hasn't even planned how to get there yet. He better figure something out soon.
I think I would like his contact information. I suspect that I would be able to get a deal on his preps January 1, 2013. :D

AnonEmous

Post by AnonEmous » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm

raptor wrote: I think I would like his contact information. I suspect that I would be able to get a deal on his preps January 1, 2013. :D
Exactly. Not sure what Discover/ History Channel are going to do with all their specials focused on 2012. And by the way, the "author" of the above list featured prominently in one of those specials....
Amateurs talk strategy; Generals talk logistics

The necessity of the routine (clean water) often trumps the lure of the exciting (expensive gear).

What Food to Carry in A Pack?

A Graphic: One Strategic Approach to Preps

Gambino

Post by Gambino » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Last edited by Gambino on Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete my account. Delete!!!

rpc

Post by rpc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, that's an interesting list of miscellaneous items.

Unless I missed it, he doesn't have a knife. But I guess he can use the grindstone to sharpen the pencil.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”