Survival Shop Reports Jump in Sales

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Pilsung
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 days later, Shaun of the Dead

Survival Shop Reports Jump in Sales

Post by Pilsung » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:55 am

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/11/23/ ... -collapse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of an increasing number of reports I've seen recently in the media noting the upsurge in sales of preparedness supplies to people fearful of some sort of economic collapse. Makes me wonder what's going to happen to prices & availability if millions of people suddenly "see the light" and start buying up whatever emergency supplies they can. Am also wondering if any ZSers who work in gun stores, COSTCO, etc. can comment on what they're seeing in terms of an increase in demand for preparedness supplies.

pahwraith

Re: Survival Shop Reports Jump in Sales

Post by pahwraith » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:39 pm

In the short-term there might be a shortage. In the long term you might actually see more products enter the market.
And a lot more prepared people...so that would be good overall.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:52 pm

pahwraith wrote:In the short-term there might be a shortage. In the long term you might actually see more products enter the market.
SO long as they are actually prepared and not joining the "I've got guns I'll just raid Walmart" crowd.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Honestly I sincerely hope that more people are getting prepared and making sensible preparations. It will help all of us.

More prepared people means that if/when TSHTF there will fewer people in need of aid; more people capable of rendering aid and fewer people searching for supplies in WalMart that may be in short supply.

I agree 100% with Komander and hope any new preppers understand that firearm collecting and disaster preparation are two separate and distinct activities.

pahwraith

Post by pahwraith » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Kommander wrote:
pahwraith wrote:In the short-term there might be a shortage. In the long term you might actually see more products enter the market.
SO long as they are actually prepared and not joining the "I've got guns I'll just raid Walmart" crowd.
I figure that most of them will end up killing each other at wal-mart, hopefully. :mrgreen:

mobilesuithomer

Post by mobilesuithomer » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 am

pahwraith wrote: I figure that most of them will end up killing each other at wal-mart, hopefully. :mrgreen:
That is a terrible thing to hope for.

Also:
Dorsey himself admits that he does not have a personal supply of meals ready to eat stashed in his basement. “We live just two minutes from the store,” he said, “If something happens, I can drive right over here.”
Someone should show him the thread about bugging out to Wal-Mart.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”