2012? The End or Not?

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Packin' Heat

Re: 2012? The End or Not?

Post by Packin' Heat » Sat May 21, 2011 1:15 pm

I thought that world wide earth quakes would begin at 6pm local time is the beginning of the end, with the end ultimately coming in October.

has anybody had any friends mysteriously disappear? because if they are being raptured, they'll simply vanish from earth.

we'll see what happens at 6pm local time.

edit: 7:50 EST...all clear......now what?
Last edited by Packin' Heat on Sat May 21, 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Glock 23: Check
Mossberg 590A1 12ga: Check
VEPR AK 7.62x39: Check
Saiga 12: 12g check

Quad-Response
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Horde & I Am Legend!

Post by Quad-Response » Sat May 21, 2011 5:14 pm

:lol: :P
Regards
Chris

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Alright, What the Hell? It's 7:52 EST and NOTHING!
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Sun May 22, 2011 2:16 am

Jeez, what happened to the Armageddon I was promised?

I was really looking forward to finally getting out from under this credit card debt.

What a bummer.

:wink:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Shemp
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omega Man, Body Snatchers, The Stand

Post by Shemp » Sun May 22, 2011 4:52 pm

Dec. 21st is my birthday, so I'm gonna be havin' a few by a campfire anyway (tradition)...hopefully it'll just be the end of a few more of my braincells...
"You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it." ...Oddball (woof-woof)

"Boy Howdy!"...Shemp

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Sun May 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Well, the big light show didn't happen, so I guess all the high-school dropouts and deviants will have to find another ridiculous fantasy to masturbate to while mixing up a batch of poison kool-aid.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Sun May 22, 2011 10:51 pm

A bunch of guys at work had planned that should something happen they'd gather at Sporting Goods and take the guns and ammunition.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 pm

Rev wrote:A bunch of guys at work had planned that should something happen they'd gather at Sporting Goods and take the guns and ammunition.

That's just just great :shock:
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Mon May 23, 2011 9:49 pm

hatchtrikk wrote:
Rev wrote:A bunch of guys at work had planned that should something happen they'd gather at Sporting Goods and take the guns and ammunition.

That's just just great :shock:
They should make an alliance to the guys who plan on taking over the food department, they can trade, develop a plan, and systematically take over IT ALL!

Garden might be tough, with all the rakes and whatnot, but technically they're part of 'the outside'. Hmmmm, Perhaps an alliance with the automotive department... Yeeeeessssssssss, the vehicles left in the bay can be armored up with racking.
And soon.... Target will fall. One by one, they will ALL FAIL!!! Bwwwaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa...

ha

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue May 24, 2011 1:12 am

I've got to ask. Where do you work? :?
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

austin93906
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, zombieland, etc

2012? The End or Not?

Post by austin93906 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:30 am

Blacksmith wrote:
Has WALMART written all over it lol
Braxton wrote:So, How does it feel to be Batman? An obsolete rifle using, shingle shooting Batman, but Batman non the less.
gelgoog wrote:Hey....this is America, if at first you do not succeed keep being lazy until you get bitched at enough that you eventually get it right.
Why u should use Snap Caps

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 am

austin93906 wrote:
Blacksmith wrote:
Has WALMART written all over it lol
I think he did say he worked at Chinamart. Well, that really puts a damper on my post sfth plans. How I am going to raid walmart if the employees get there first? I am going to have to give this some more thought. :D

Truly, that comment alone needs to be in a hall of fame somewhere.
You go over and under
I go through

Danger
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Danger » Sat May 28, 2011 8:52 am

I think Dec 21, 2012 will be the new May 21,2011.
(Insert witty comment here)

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat May 28, 2011 10:29 am

Nah, he already said it was in October sometime. I hope it is after my Birthday I was looking forward to cake and ice cream.
You go over and under
I go through

Blue Ghost
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead

Post by Blue Ghost » Sun May 29, 2011 6:47 pm

My thoughts.............

Dear World,

Please stop freaking out about 2012. Our calendars ends there because
some Spanish people invaded our country and we got a little busy ok?

Sincerely,
The Mayans

nuff said.....
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
(If you want peace, prepare for war)

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Tue May 31, 2011 3:06 pm

Blue Ghost wrote:My thoughts.............

Dear World,

Sincerely,
The Mayans

nuff said.....
Then the Spaniards and the Mayans had a fun party. Punch was served!

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:09 am

Packin' Heat wrote:I thought that world wide earth quakes would begin at 6pm local time is the beginning of the end, with the end ultimately coming in October.

has anybody had any friends mysteriously disappear? because if they are being raptured, they'll simply vanish from earth.

we'll see what happens at 6pm local time.

edit: 7:50 EST...all clear......now what?
Oh, I've had plenty of friends mysteriously disappear. I always thought it was the rapture but turns out it was usually something I said.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 am

Yes I work at Wal Mart. What is even more disturbing is that two of our managers have "2012 Boxes". What the hell they are putting in those damn things that will get them through their supposed end of the world is beyond me.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 am

Rev wrote:Yes I work at Wal Mart. What is even more disturbing is that two of our managers have "2012 Boxes". What the hell they are putting in those damn things that will get them through their supposed end of the world is beyond me.
Condoms and red gatorade. S'all you need.

HK91

Post by HK91 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:58 pm

NOT!!!

FrANkNstEin

Post by FrANkNstEin » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, while at my friends place last friday she brought that whole 2012 topic up over dinner. We decided we´d rent a hunting cabin in the woods high on the mountain (should there be a flood), bring some supplies there and have a Big END OF ZEE WORLD party, just in case... :mrgreen:

That´ll rock!

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Blue Ghost wrote:My thoughts.............

Dear World,

Sincerely,
The Mayans

nuff said.....

:lol:

This said I offer as conclusive proof for the umpteenth time.

My new American Express Card has an expiration date of 2015. I offer as further proof that my MS Outlook goes well into the future past 2012. I have not looked that far ahead but I am booking appointments in 2013.

If anyone knows that the world is ending it is American Express and Microsoft.

Gr3g

Post by Gr3g » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:45 pm

I say NOT, but the world certainly isnt getting safer and we are depleting resources faster than ever. Look at the history books, and listed to the experts, this road has to end soon.

Seriously though, the Mayan's were wiped out by the combination of external factors outside their control, and internal factors within their control. Why do people believe that they can predict the end of our civilization but not their own?

Many experts believe that it was climate change which wiped them out, some disagree. One thing most experts agree on is that the Maya's overly exploited a very fragile eco-system, and as their population grew the resources depleted. To tackle this they chopped down forests to make way for more farm land in an attempt to feed the masses, yet more farms depleted their already dwindling water supplies. Deplete forests and it's not only large animals that suffer, but everythign from the top of the ecosystem to the bottom. It's a known fact that the vast populations overburdened the available resources so it was just a matter of time.

Had the Mayans not depleted their natural resources, and seeked new hunting grounds to support their increasing populations then perhaps they would have survived the climate change, again this is an expert opinion and not mine.

We are doing the same as the Maya, however I think we have a few more years before it really becomes critical. This being said most of us live in western societies where most are able to put food on the table. Less developed societies may, or may not be worse off, may because their world is so fragile and they live on literally nothing, and may not because they have adapted incredibly well to scraping by.

I put my money on the tribes which live on the periphery of our modern civilization, who to this day are self sufficient becuase they rely on skills handed down over thousands of years.
Last edited by Gr3g on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Prepared American

Post by Prepared American » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:24 pm

FrANkNstEin wrote:Well, while at my friends place last friday she brought that whole 2012 topic up over dinner. We decided we´d rent a hunting cabin in the woods high on the mountain (should there be a flood), bring some supplies there and have a Big END OF ZEE WORLD party, just in case... :mrgreen:

That´ll rock!
That will never work didn't you see the movie? They ran into the top of the world's highest peak with their boat...

If 12/21/2012 doesn't happen, I bet 12/22/2012 will. Be the busiest Christmas Shopping day of the year. :D
Hoping to bring back common sense to the prepping community.
dogbane wrote:It's not your post count, it's making posts count.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”