2012? The End or Not?

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Katica

Re: 2012? The End or Not?

Post by Katica » Mon May 02, 2011 10:57 pm

andygates wrote: See, the crust isn't a shell like the shell on an egg, it's more like a bunch of toenails, each hard plate embedded in the firm/gooey stuff underneath.
This marks the first time a metaphor ever made me gag a little.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

"Hurricane season is officially underway. Be sure to stock up on gas, beer, ham hocks, gunpowder & guitar strings"

Krustofski wrote:I'm just two fucks short of a shitton of food. Please keep in mind that the metric shitton is slightly larger than the US customary shitton.

Ashurah
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Ashurah » Fri May 06, 2011 7:22 am

2012- Just another greeting card holiday!
camlost wrote:
MonsterZero wrote:When did this become a hunting expedition?
There's an unspoken belief among the users of this forum.
"That which was once dead should remain dead and should it once again walk the earth, duty decrees that it must be sent back from whence it came. Preferably in the most bad-ass way possible. "

I would assume this applies to dinosaurs.

ruralranger

Post by ruralranger » Fri May 06, 2011 11:21 am

well i believe that all good things come to an end,history has shown this to be fact...with what is going on in our world now & retro back a decade ago, our way of life has changed. i have been a prepper all my life, so it is just a way of life with me that makes sense.example: the ammo i bought a year ago @ 5 bucks a box now cost 8 to 10 bucks,60 cents for that can of beans then now cost 80 to 110 now ( of course i bought them by the cases ) so my logic is to buy low & stock to save later,not to mention the gas to go back and forth ... y2k ,i did not worry because it was pre planned years before just like getting snowed in for a week or two,back ups are in place.common sense ,why does the squirrel stock up when the nuts are ripe,so he will have something to eat till the next harvest... now as far as 2012.who knows what will be going on then but to be fore warned is to be fore armed ,makes perfect sense... always remember,never trust a fart...

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 pm

I Reconsidered.
Last edited by squinty on Fri May 06, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 pm

2012? The End or Not?

Um..... Not.

However; 2013? Discount prices on all your gear!!!!

Yeah.... 8)

kcor_77
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them

Post by kcor_77 » Fri May 06, 2011 9:41 pm

I still say no.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Mon May 16, 2011 6:05 pm

I honestly don't think 12/21/2012 is going to be anything other than the winter solstice...but I think on any given date it's possible for a SHTF to happen either on a local, National or International scale. I do though value all the advice I will get from this forum about how I can get prepared for any future emergencies.
For example in 2009 & 2010 the U.K. & Ireland have experienced the most severe winters in decades. I was stuck in my house unable to get up my lane unless my husband could drive me in his 4WD Jeep. We have a good generator & plenty of fuel to run it but food supplies in the shops were starting to get low as the knock on effects of the 4 weeks of severe snow & ice kicked in. If it had continued for another 2 weeks or longer even the basic provisions would have started to dwindle. I plan to get prepared in case it's like that again this winter :)
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Tue May 17, 2011 6:45 pm

My loins are officially girded. I do hope the apocalypse or non-apocalypse happens soon though, as the duct tape and rubber insulation that I girded my loins with is chafing horribly.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Tue May 17, 2011 9:01 pm

My checkbook calendar goes through 2015. I think we are safe until then at least! :wink:

OMG! Does that mean the real date is 12/31/15 ?!?!?! :shock:
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 pm

The latest end of times date is Saturday 6pm May 21, 2011 so 2012 cannot possibly right.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hot ... 9183&tsp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by raptor on Tue May 17, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Packin' Heat

Post by Packin' Heat » Tue May 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Maybe, maybe not. if it is, theres nothing we can do about it so might as well sit back and enjoy the show.
Glock 23: Check
Mossberg 590A1 12ga: Check
VEPR AK 7.62x39: Check
Saiga 12: 12g check

Packin' Heat

Post by Packin' Heat » Tue May 17, 2011 9:34 pm

raptor wrote:The latest end of times date is Saturday 6pm May 21, 2011 so 2012 cannot possibly right.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hot ... 9183&tsp=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
no no no. thats what the crack pot Family Radio weirdos came up with.

the Mayans put together 2012...they're WAY more reliable. Ya gotta pay attention to the sources!
Glock 23: Check
Mossberg 590A1 12ga: Check
VEPR AK 7.62x39: Check
Saiga 12: 12g check

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Tue May 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Packin' Heat wrote:
raptor wrote:The latest end of times date is Saturday 6pm May 21, 2011 so 2012 cannot possibly right.

the Mayans put together 2012...they're WAY more reliable. Ya gotta pay attention to the sources!
I do not know the fellow but he did predict this same event in 1994.

My wife has her birthday shortly after this date and has informed me that the world will not end until after her birthday...unless I forget it ...in which case the world will end for me anyway on her birthday.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America.

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:14 pm

raptor wrote:
Packin' Heat wrote:

I do not know the fellow but he did predict this same event in 1994.

My wife has her birthday shortly after this date and has informed me that the world will not end until after her birthday...unless I forget it ...in which case the world will end for me anyway on her birthday.
The world will end because of your endless honey too do list. Sorry about your luck.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

Silverbug
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything on C-SPAN, because I refuse to believe that most of the people on there are not undead.

Post by Silverbug » Tue May 17, 2011 11:59 pm

December 21, 2012 shouldn't be anyone's fear. It's the months and weeks leading to it when all the fatalists start going nuts. Might be time to put in the anti-zombie shutters and gates.

SeerSavant
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Wed May 18, 2011 12:17 am

Meat N' Taters wrote:Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America.

Quality, quote, MeatNTaters.....

You think everything is a conspiracy.....
..........Everything is.

EDIT:
Here's a FAQ from Nasa, about the whole 2012 nonsense;
http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-ast ... nd-answers

PacmanSurvival
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead.

Post by PacmanSurvival » Wed May 18, 2011 12:23 am

It wont end, the world will only end when Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood die.
I use my right to bear arms by wearing short sleeves in every season.

kcor_77

Post by kcor_77 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 am

I still say no. Do I think about what would happen if it did? Why yes I do, but I use it as a mental exercise.
Tomorrow's an illusion
Yesterday's a dream
Today is a solution

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Wed May 18, 2011 4:42 am

PacmanSurvival wrote:It won't end, the world will only end when Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood die.
I'm pretty sure we'd survive something like that, but if they were to suddenly announce that they were getting MARRIED?

:lol:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 am

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:
PacmanSurvival wrote:It won't end, the world will only end when Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood die.
I'm pretty sure we'd survive something like that, but if they were to suddenly announce that they were getting MARRIED?

-urban
During the speak now or forever hold your peace part of the wedding, I recommend noone say a word...
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Meat N' Taters

Post by Meat N' Taters » Wed May 18, 2011 8:21 am

SeerSavant wrote:
Meat N' Taters wrote:Chariots of the Gods, man. They practically own South America.

Quality, quote, MeatNTaters.....
Thanks! I was hoping someone out there would get thay one. Love that movie so much.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Wed May 18, 2011 8:32 am

squinty wrote:
URBAN ASSAULT wrote:

-urban
During the speak now or forever hold your peace part of the wedding, I recommend noone say a word...
QFT!

:)

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Angrypirate

Post by Angrypirate » Sat May 21, 2011 7:42 am

Well folks, it would appear I'm only 1 hour and 20mins away from surviving 21/05/2011! Awesome. As yet no reports of NZ suffering earthquakes today. Which is always nice.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/r ... rom=smh_ft

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”