Bulk Food Storage

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Cavediver

Re: Bulk Food Storage

Post by Cavediver » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:12 am

Paint can storage was recently addressed in another thread:
Molon Labe wrote:Well, after only one day, there's already signs of leaking. Very minute, but it is there. I don't want these to go to waste though, so I'm thinking of reinforcing the seal with some AF100 foil tape I have left over from doing duct work. Will post up results of that if I find them. After a week of being tipped at a downward cant, I think that'll be good enough to prove adequate seal.
O2 Absorbers:
fattycakes wrote:...Well I should have tested it before hand but I did not. It didnt work, it actually worked on half a bag then it shit the bed. I was in a panic because I had already opened the oxy absorbers.
An appropriately sized canning jar with a new lid sould have been a bonus here. After opening the O2 absorbers you can dump them in the jar and seal it up. They won't keep forever, but they should hold over for a while.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”