Chinese Gearing Up Anti-US Propaganda Campaign

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Chinese Gearing Up Anti-US Propaganda Campaign

Post by absinthe beginner » Sun May 19, 2019 11:49 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05- ... ning-trade

With the trade war between the US and China suddenly erupting after a 5-month ceasefire, CCTV 6, the movie channel of China's leading state television broadcaster, aired three anti-American movies last week, reported What's On Weibo.

The three movies are Korean war films: Heroic Sons and Daughters (1964), Battle on Shangganling Mountain (1954), and Surprise Attack (1960), which aired about one week after President Trump raised an existing 10% tariff on $200 billion worth of Chinese goods to 25%.

All last week, anti-American propaganda flourished across the country, with the slogan "Wanna talk? Let's talk. Wanna fight? Let's do it. Wanna bully us? Dream on!" going viral on Chinese social media platforms.

TacAir

Re: Chinese Gearing Up Anti-US Propaganda Campaign

Post by TacAir » Mon May 20, 2019 10:44 am

With a national economy about as stable as a house of cards, massive losses in their ag section (pork fever) and their supply of oil in jeopardy - about all the Chinese can do right now is bluster.

Since the US is the CHICOM's largest trading market - the bluster may not last all that long either. Only time will tell.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm

The food shortage is going to bite them in the ass and mostly help out US farmers. Since there is only a world limited supply of food even if China buys out other markets (especially if they buy out other markets) prices will jump.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue May 21, 2019 7:07 am

Stercutus wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm
The food shortage is going to bite them in the ass and mostly help out US farmers. Since there is only a world limited supply of food even if China buys out other markets (especially if they buy out other markets) prices will jump.
So...stockpile bacon?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue May 21, 2019 11:04 am

MPMalloy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 7:07 am
Stercutus wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:08 pm
So...stockpile bacon?
And hams.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”