Welcome to the End of the World!

Topics in this category pertain to planning. Discussions include how to prepare yourself, your family and your community for catastrophes and what you plan to do when they hit you.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

xd dude

ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by xd dude » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 pm

It'll be business as usual, I'll just be carrying an extra mag.

Utah_ZHunter
Favorite Zombie Movies: YES!

Re: ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by Utah_ZHunter » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:46 am

xd dude wrote:It'll be business as usual, I'll just be carrying an extra mag.
^^^+1!!!^^^

Lets start calling it "Carry an extra Mag Day!!""" :clap:
If at first you don't succeed, double-tap. Zombie Squad Fast Response Vehicle #0317
Lead, follow, or get out of the way. I don't care, just don't be on the cellphone when your doing it.
Why Yes, I am a Super-Trucker
Dexion1619 wrote:Oh god, I just realized I'm Fry from futurama! **Face-Palm**

Mikeyboy

Re: ONLY 16 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Utah_ZHunter wrote:
xd dude wrote:It'll be business as usual, I'll just be carrying an extra mag.
^^^+1!!!^^^

Lets start calling it "Carry an extra Mag Day!!""" :clap:
I hate to say it but I was planning to carry an extra mag too. Yep its offical, 12/21/12 will be "Carry an Extra Mag Day"

Mikeyboy

Re: ONLY 15 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:39 pm

This just in.....Australia's PM just announced that the Mayan's were correct, with world will end on 12/21/12. According to her we have a 1 in 3 shot of a zombie apocalypse :clap:

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

Sweet. Well if it does happen then I'm going to be mad because there are a lot of cat videos at youtube I haven't been able to see yet. :vmad:

dustytomes

Re: ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by dustytomes » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 pm

goofygurl wrote:
Rev wrote:Only a couple weeks till I can get some really good deals on Ebay and armslist! Pawn shops here I come!

*squinty eyes* You pose a good point..

*GG wonders if she should hold on Barr's Christmas present until after the world doesn't end in the interest of saving a few bucks* :shock:
Wait, then either way you'll save money... :awesome:

pascalywood
Favorite Zombie Movies: Walking Dead
Dawn of the Dead
28 Days later
28 weeks later
Zombie Strippers

Post by pascalywood » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:42 pm

So it begins. Prepping Russian style

Some people fear that the end of the world is coming in December and have stocked up on food, while others killed a cat and broke their mother’s leg in preparation for Doomsday.

The twin brothers, 43, in Novokuznetsk locked themselves in their apartment, broke their mother’s leg, and killed the innocent cat in preparation for the end of the world, local police said.

http://themoscownews.com/russia/20121206/190966613.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 pm

pascalywood wrote:So it begins. Prepping Russian style

Some people fear that the end of the world is coming in December and have stocked up on food, while others killed a cat and broke their mother’s leg in preparation for Doomsday.

The twin brothers, 43, in Novokuznetsk locked themselves in their apartment, broke their mother’s leg, and killed the innocent cat in preparation for the end of the world, local police said.

http://themoscownews.com/russia/20121206/190966613.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More on this story:
"There were two men born in 1969 and their mother in the apartment. One of them broke their mother’s leg. Both are registered in a psychiatric hospital as being schizophrenic. They were preparing for the end of the world,” he said.

He said the men killed the cat “to take its nine lives to help them survive the end of the world.”

“They were saying that there were demons in the mirrors. Their ship left, and they remained on Earth, and had to prepare to survive the apocalypse.”

The twins were taken to a psychiatric hospital.

Psychotic episodes are often triggered by stress...fear of the EOTHWAWKI is certainly stress inducing if you believe it is imminent.

A reason we should all be aware of our surroundings and people in the coming weeks.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:51 pm

In other words, keep your heads, people. The Mayans didn't have some sort of unique, privileged understanding of the cosmos. Any more than Harold Camping did.

Stay calm, carry on, and take advantage of all those sweet deals on like-new survival gear that start showing up on Craigslist in January. :clap:

rhi
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, The Evil Dead, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by rhi » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:12 pm

raptor wrote:Psychotic episodes are often triggered by stress...fear of the EOTHWAWKI is certainly stress inducing if you believe it is imminent.
A reason we should all be aware of our surroundings and people in the coming weeks.
Yeah, pretty much the only reason I'm paying attention to that date. Weird ass reactions from weird ass people.

Y'know, my calendar runs out every December. I just go to Office Depot and get a new one. No big deal. Fuckin' Mayan drama queens. :D
Last edited by rhi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forget this dead man's town, I'll take you home.

Utah_ZHunter
Favorite Zombie Movies: YES!

Post by Utah_ZHunter » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:27 pm

rhi wrote:
raptor wrote:Psychotic episodes are often triggered by stress...fear of the EOTHWAWKI is certainly stress inducing if you believe it is imminent.
Yeah, pretty much the only reason I'm paying attention to that date. Weird ass reactions from weird ass people.

Y'know, my calendar runs out every December. I just go to Office Depot and get a new one. No big deal. Fuckin' Mayan drama queens. :D
Do you know what office store carries the next Mayan calender? 8-)
If at first you don't succeed, double-tap. Zombie Squad Fast Response Vehicle #0317
Lead, follow, or get out of the way. I don't care, just don't be on the cellphone when your doing it.
Why Yes, I am a Super-Trucker
Dexion1619 wrote:Oh god, I just realized I'm Fry from futurama! **Face-Palm**

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:05 am

Utah_ZHunter wrote:Do you know what office store carries the next Mayan calender?
the one that carried the OLD Mayan caldender?
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

goofygurl
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Re: ONLY 19 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by goofygurl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:56 am

dustytomes wrote:
goofygurl wrote:
Rev wrote:Only a couple weeks till I can get some really good deals on Ebay and armslist! Pawn shops here I come!

*squinty eyes* You pose a good point..

*GG wonders if she should hold on Barr's Christmas present until after the world doesn't end in the interest of saving a few bucks* :shock:
Wait, then either way you'll save money... :awesome:

Possibry...possibry.,...

Sad part is I"m honestly thinking about it...lol

rhi
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, The Evil Dead, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by rhi » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Utah_ZHunter wrote:Do you know what office store carries the next Mayan calender? 8-)
Who cares. I like muscle cars or cute kittys on my calendar. Pictographs and hieroglyphics suck. :wink:
Forget this dead man's town, I'll take you home.

TDot132

Re: ONLY 14 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by TDot132 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:35 pm

I like the post one of my friends on fb shared. "Utility companies should shut off services for a couple hours on Dec 21, 2012 just to freak people out. Yes, I know. It is a sick and twisted joke, but the look on peoples faces when their tv won't turn on in the morning? Especially if they didn't believe in it to begin with?
How do I stay so happy? I live by a certain phrase... FIDO F*** It, Drive On.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

As funny as it sounds,

It would lead to mass panic and hysteria...not the good kind
Look up the effects of the original airing of war of the worlds
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:26 am

I'm just annoyed I forgot to buy MRE's earlier this year then sell them at a mark up in the coming weeks :gonk:

Griffworks
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero Dead Movies, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Griffworks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:29 am

If Stephen Hawking tells us that TEOTWAWKI is going to happen on 21 December, then I'll start worrying.

And carry an extra mag (that'd make three) for my EDC.

And maybe kill a cat to get it's nine lives.
Sckitzo wrote:I'm just annoyed I forgot to buy MRE's earlier this year then sell them at a mark up in the coming weeks :gonk:
Damn! Good call.... :(
"Zombies. Man, they freak me out."

Ableto

Re: ONLY 13 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by Ableto » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:47 pm

For those that want to know the Mayan calendar was a series of rings that in a way can keep going on and on its just the rings all reset back to a starting point like in this picture.

Some of the calendars look like Aztec or other calendars from the area around that era but with a Mayan twist. But it was made to just keep going and going. Just do a search for Mayan calendars and look at the images.
Last edited by Ableto on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Life is like a box of chocolates, eventually we will all melt in the sun.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Re: ONLY 13 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by Caenus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm totally going to go all "tax return...whoo hoo!" On the post apocalyptic sales.

Craigslist don't fail me now!
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

shiddymunkie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: ONLY 12 DAYS LEFT 'TILL THE END OF THE WORLD!

Post by shiddymunkie » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I don't believe the world is going to end Dec 21st, but I do believe crime rates will spike simply because of how prevalent this doomsday prediction is. Anarchy is a state of mind, and though I expect that most people will not do anything rash on the 21st, I'd wager that a few people will. Unfortunately, a few unbalanced individuals can cause serious problems for the rest of us -- look at the Aurora theater shooting, Columbine, Virgina Tech, etc.

There may be people in your neighborhood/city/school/place of employment who are taking this doomsday prediction much more seriously than the rest of us, and some of those people might not be quite "right in the head". The threat of the end of the world is doubtful, but the threat of crazy people is legit IMO.

I, for one, have some sick time to burn before the end of the year. I'll be taking that day off work and staying in the safety of my home...with a glass of scotch, a cigar, and a firearm close by

:awesome:

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm

The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:49 pm

Last night, I watched the movie, "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World," with Steve Carell. It was pretty good.

tookieblueeyes
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL OF THEM

Post by tookieblueeyes » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 pm

Eh... the History Channel is doing the whole "Countdown to Armageddon" thing, basically just reruns or reedits of garb they already did in 2009, 2010, and 2011.

I agree with what has already been said about "not wanting to cause mass panic or fright during the height of the 2012 holiday shopping season" It is just bad business LMAO

I dunno, I already put my 2 cents in elsewhere somewhere in some thread out there about this date, the winter solstice, is jut the end of another celestial cycle and the beginning of a new one just like 365 days ends one cycle and begins another, we just call it a year. Same goes for all cycles. It is just a cycle. It was presented best HERE:
Ableto wrote:For those that want to know the Mayan calendar was a series of rings that in a way can keep going on and on its just the rings all reset back to a starting point like in this picture.
It's JUST AN ASTROLOGICAL CYCLE and I think everyone already accepts and knows that so it's marketability is in the shitter now LOL
Anyway... who knows...
Learning is an ongoing process.

Return to “Contingency Planning & Preparation”