Wintergeddon 2011?

Forum for the St Louis Metropolition Area chapter members.

Moderators: ZS Chapter Volunteers, ZSC 001 Officers

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Wintergeddon 2011?

Post by jamoni » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Any dates or locations for Wintergeddon 2011?
Anyone interested in some pre-wintergeddon training?
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Re: Wintergeddon 2011?

Post by kyle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:20 am

Hell yeah!

I wouldn't mind doing a trip early Dec. Maybe Dec 11? November weekends are already booked up for me.
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

Grendel
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dance of the Dead, Special Dead, and so many more. Some I like because they are well made and some I love because they are not well made.

Post by Grendel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:34 am

Yeah, I might be up for a December weekend adventure if I can make some room on the schedule.
Some would call it fire in heaven while others would say that it was mercy in hell. All I know is it is redamndiculous and I am going to just shoot it to see what happens.

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:08 am

Camping is dumb.

But we're certainly planning on having one this year, we just need to get together and decide when and where.
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Midwest_Rogue

Post by Midwest_Rogue » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:54 pm

I am still very gearless so camping will have to wait till warmer weather.
"When you start to become who you are, the first thing you learn is that there is nothing to fear."

Grendel
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dance of the Dead, Special Dead, and so many more. Some I like because they are well made and some I love because they are not well made.

Post by Grendel » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:41 am

Unholy_Twist wrote:I am still very gearless so camping will have to wait till warmer weather.
You just need to partner up with someone who has the tent already. Most use two man tents so you would just need to focus on other gear like layers of clothing and a good sleeping bag/pad. It is doable and we should be doing a grand gear swap for the December meeting and thus giving you another opportunity to gear up. What kind of gear are you seeing yourself needing besides tent? These forums are a great way to get some advice and help in such situations.

On a side not for those who are wondering if they want to try it. Last year, we went out on the coldest days Missouri has seen in over ten years so this year will either be: A. Flat out easier than last year. .....or B. We will have bragging rights because this year was even colder than last year. So either way it is a win.
Some would call it fire in heaven while others would say that it was mercy in hell. All I know is it is redamndiculous and I am going to just shoot it to see what happens.

Verissimus

Post by Verissimus » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:29 pm

I am definitely down for pre-wintergheddon training. I just got my new tent, and should have almost everything else by the end of November, or early Dec. at the latest. My gear will need a good shakedown before the big day.
I survived Wintergheddon X

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Verissimus wrote:I am definitely down for pre-wintergheddon training. I just got my new tent, and should have almost everything else by the end of November, or early Dec. at the latest. My gear will need a good shakedown before the big day.
Well, it won't be much for testing cold weather gear or your tent, but there's a chance to test out your feet this Friday:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 56&t=70510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Verissimus

Post by Verissimus » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:36 am

PistolPete wrote:Well, it won't be much for testing cold weather gear or your tent, but there's a chance to test out your feet this Friday:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 56&t=70510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I work Friday evenings. Sometimes I can ask off, but not often. :(

Ogami the Undead

Post by Ogami the Undead » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:03 am

I am proposing that we go out in the morning on Dec 11, and stay until Mon morning. Anyone else up for that? I would love to go out Fri Night, but that means taking two days off work, as opposed to only one. Anyone that wants to go out Friday night could get camp ready for us, and than bug out Sun. morning, perhaps. (if you do the '9 to 5' thing...)
Hollar back on who wants to go that weekend. I would be up for a trip to the shooting range also, since I haven't shot my rifle since...like, June...
I Survived Zombie Cons 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008!!
I (barely) Survived Wintergeddon 2007!!
I Survived Wintergeddons (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) 2008 and 2009!!
I Survived Wintergeddon 2010! (Hell Froze Over! OCHO!)
I Survived Wintergeddon 2011!

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:12 am

Ogami the Undead wrote:I am proposing that we go out in the morning on Dec 11, and stay until Mon morning. Anyone else up for that? I would love to go out Fri Night, but that means taking two days off work, as opposed to only one. Anyone that wants to go out Friday night could get camp ready for us, and than bug out Sun. morning, perhaps. (if you do the '9 to 5' thing...)
Hollar back on who wants to go that weekend. I would be up for a trip to the shooting range also, since I haven't shot my rifle since...like, June...
A lot of people are off Jan 17 (Martin Luther king day) so that weekend might work out better for people that want to stay longer or for people that need an extra day to recoop before heading back to civilization. :)

But, I'm down for whatever. Has a date been picked by the chapter officers, yet?
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:12 pm

kyle wrote: But, I'm down for whatever. Has a date been picked by the chapter officers, yet?
I'm not sure. We'll probably talk about it at the chapter meeting this Sunday and see what works for people. I know crypto has a weekend in mind. I'm not helping pick since I'm holding to my "camping is stupid" stance. :)

- Mark Twain

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:38 am

Won't be able to do any camping till after the first week of december. Moving sucks. :(
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

isotek
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by isotek » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm out on the Dec 11th trip. The 12th is my wife's birthday. I'm available up to for the first two weekends of January for Wintergeddon unless someone knows a free dog/cat sitter then im free the whole month.
I Survived Zombie Con 2006,2008,2009,2010!!
I Survived Wintergheddon 2007,2009,2011!!

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:28 pm

The date we're shooting for is in fact the third weekend in January 2011.

We'd like to leave on the morning of Friday, 14 Jan and stay through Sunday 16 Jan. The ZS meeting is that night, and then you can all get drunk and sloppy at the meeting because you dont have to work the next day :D

The site will be Cuivre River again, because it kicked our ass last year and needs to be shown who's boss.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Verissimus

Post by Verissimus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:34 am

crypto wrote:The site will be Cuivre River again, because it kicked our ass last year and needs to be shown who's boss.
Hellz yeah! We'll show that silly ass river!

(I can't believe I actually typed "Hellz Yeah!")

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am

Verissimus wrote:
crypto wrote:The site will be Cuivre River again, because it kicked our ass last year and needs to be shown who's boss.
Hellz yeah! We'll show that silly ass river!

(I can't believe I actually typed "Hellz Yeah!")
Don't get cocky, Kid.

drewder
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: White Zombie (1932 Bella Lugosi)
Dawn of the Dead (new and original)
Day of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead
The Return of the Living Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Evil Dead
Evil Dead 2 (dead by dawn)
Army of Darkness
Grindhouse
Planet Terror
28 days later
28 Weeks Later
I am Legend
The FOG (original, the remake sucked ass)
Resident Evil (the Saga)
Silent Hill
The Phantasm (the SAGA)
Friday the 13th (from start to finish)
Pet Sematary
Night of the Comet

Post by drewder » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:42 am

You know I am in. What's the pre-game plan?
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

*even the wise man dwells in a fool's paradise

Survived ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon X
Survived ZombieCon X
Stayed toasty warm at ZSC:001 Winterg(h)eddon Twenty Eleven
Barely survived ZombieCon 2011

Israel
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, Special Dead, Cockneys vs. Zombies

Post by Israel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm in, however, if someone has an extra space in their tent I could use it. Plus if anyone needs a ride, my exploder has plenty of room for 5 plus gear.
Griff wrote:Their are two kinds of people in the world; Those who have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't. We call those people "Dinner"
I got eaten alive by chiggers at Z-Con 2011

LifeStraw Review
Chinese Wonder Shovel Review

B3

Post by B3 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:14 am

PistolPete wrote:Camping is dumb.
After last year and after working outside every night since before Thanksgiving, I agree. I'll be going, albeit somewhat grudgingly. And I don't care about not being hardcore; on Day 2 I WILL be going into town to wreck a bathroom if I feel so inclined. See you there--make sure you have your shit together.

That is all.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.--Abraham Lincoln, 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

B3 was formerly known as: cosmic_castaway

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:20 am

Oh, so I guess we should get a sticky post, or something.

The game plan is going back to Cuivre River. After we suffered 2 casualties last year, we need to go back up there to make that hill our bitch.

The main caravan is leaving South Side early the morning of Friday 14 Jan. We'll come back on Sunday afternoon, get warm, and then hit the ZS meeting on Sunday at 7.

Then, if you get that following Monday off (MLK day, 17 Jan) you can sleep off the hangover and sore muscles.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by kyle » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 pm

crypto wrote:Oh, so I guess we should get a sticky post, or something.

The game plan is going back to Cuivre River. After we suffered 2 casualties last year, we need to go back up there to make that hill our bitch.

The main caravan is leaving South Side early the morning of Friday 14 Jan. We'll come back on Sunday afternoon, get warm, and then hit the ZS meeting on Sunday at 7.

Then, if you get that following Monday off (MLK day, 17 Jan) you can sleep off the hangover and sore muscles.
Awesome! I'll be there. You should announce this on the mailing list and facebook since most locals aren't on the forum. :wink:

Return to “ZSC:001”