China here I come.

Topics on travel. Heading out of the country or just out of state? Stop by here to share advice or post questions.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Airesore

China here I come.

Post by Airesore » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:59 am

Well....it's here I come in summer that is.

Need to wait till the school term is over. So anyone been to Hong Kong, China? What's it like there and what should I pack? :wink:
My friend's forum-->
Image <---Click Me 8)

iloveash
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member

Post by iloveash » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:52 pm

I've spent some time in Hong Kong, Bejieng, and Shanghi. Are you traveling for work,pleasure??? What are you looking to do?? interests??

Bejieng is probably my favorite city....cheap, crazy, enough ex-pats and McDonalds to get a feel of home when you need it, easy to get to the great wall, more beautiful temples that you can shake a buhda at, dirt markets, crazy burritos cooked on the back of motorcyles!!!
I survived Z-Con 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
I survived Wintergeddon 07, 08, 09, 11, 12
ZS has swallowed my soul!

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:37 am

I just came from HK 1 1/2 years ago (also went there around 10 years ago) When Hong Kong Disneyland just opened. Stayed in Disney Hollywood Hotel. They have a good buffet there. But it's a pretty safe place to travel to. Good shopping. You can check the night market. It's in Kowloon Tong, if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe Mongkok. Planning to go back there in August or October. August is sale season.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

BejamminR
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, The Walking Dead

Post by BejamminR » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Awesome. I just passed a Chinese test at work, and the reward is going to be either a 2-week trip to China or a cash bonus (their option). I might end up being there around the same time as you!

Return to “Travel”