Energy drinks

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Re: Energy drinks

Post by azrael99 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:53 am

well, i tried almost every energy drink you can find. the only one i think actually work is the 5 hours.Image they contain, no sugar, no caffeine,are low on calorie and only contain vitamin, which you actually need to produce energy. as the con, well......you don't drink that stuff for their tastes, it taste awful,

if i drink other energy drink it would be just for the taste as they don't have any effect on me anymore, i drank too much of them and now i got used to them.

as for those i take :
-monster assault Image
this is what i drink most of the time, i like the taste better than others
-NOS Image
i like the size and the fact that it have a cap you can twist, so you can keep if for a longer time if you don't want to drink it all. the taste is good.
-Red bull Image
too concentrate, not enough liquid, but if there is nothing else or it in sale it would do the job.
-Red rain Image Image
better taste and size and MOSTLY cheaper than red bull,

and the last: Bawls Image
my first love,the first energy drink i ever tried, taste like cream soda, but other appear and i left it behind

that its, as for all the others ones, i either didn't like them at all, or didn't drank them enough to have a good opinion on them.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

weiss27md

Post by weiss27md » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:39 pm

I really like Monster Khaos, the orange can. It taste great and is also 70% juice.

swordofthebreeze

Post by swordofthebreeze » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Don't know if they make it any more, but in college I drank a lot of something called 180. It had one hell of a kick, and tasted like carbonated orange juice.

Otherwise I drink 5 hour anymore. It's a lot easier to handle if you take it like a shot and chase it with a mountain dew. Also, get the orange flavor, not the grape. Blech.
Last edited by swordofthebreeze on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sargent at Arms - ZS051
A new state of preparedness.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.
Doc J wrote:...my uncle george could kill a well trained group of taliban with a ruben sandwich and a box of tampons....

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Monster no-carb or Rockstar no-carb, depending on whats on sale at the gas station.

Pimp Juice was actually delicious and hilarious, and I got it for a while because it was made locally.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:39 pm

I like the Rockstar fruit flavors, particularly pomegranate when I can find them.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

dukman
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by dukman » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 pm

I used to like to drink energy drinks, but they made me run for the toilet. It could have just been the caffeine in them...

I preferred the Monster original flavor or KAOS flavor.
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

Hermit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (Remake), 28 Days Later

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:49 pm

My favorites are sugar-free Red Bull, sugar-free Monster, and NOS Fruit Punch...always on a full stomach for me.
Take what you're being given, make your stand
because the life that you're living
may soon come to an end.

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Amp Relaunch (RIP) when it was available. Now I drink Rockstar Recovery.

2-4 a day, actually :twisted:
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

Hermit
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (Remake), 28 Days Later

Post by Hermit » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 pm

hatchtrikk wrote:Amp Relaunch (RIP) when it was available. Now I drink Rockstar Recovery.

2-4 a day, actually :twisted:
:shock:

I'll have to try one of those.
Last edited by Hermit on Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Take what you're being given, make your stand
because the life that you're living
may soon come to an end.

BA_SOONER

Post by BA_SOONER » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 pm

Best drink by far to me has been RockStar Recovery.

Non-carbonated and tastes great. Has lots of vitamins and only 10 calories per serving. Give the Orange one a try and I promise you'll be hooked. Lemonade is good too, Grape is my 3rd fav. I can only buy Lemonade in the 4 pack cases here, but I buy orange from the gas station.

SoilSpinach

Post by SoilSpinach » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Sorry if I'm missing the point.. but why energy drinks?

The taste?
The caffeine?
The energy?

Why do you need 5 hours of continuous energy?

I've just always been wondering.

ZMace
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by ZMace » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:13 pm

I like monster khaos (the orange can) and fyi those 5-hour energy drinks do contain caffeine.

SoilSpinach, some people use them instead of sleep, personally I like them for long road trips for two reasons. One, it makes me have to pee, so I will take occasional breaks instead of driving until I run low on gas, the second reason is the caffeine, of course.

None of them really taste that good, just horrible ones and tolerable ones.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm

SoilSpinach wrote:Sorry if I'm missing the point.. but why energy drinks?

The taste?
The caffeine?
The energy?

Why do you need 5 hours of continuous energy?

I've just always been wondering.
ZMace wrote:I like monster khaos (the orange can) and fyi those 5-hour energy drinks do contain caffeine.

SoilSpinach, some people use them instead of sleep, personally I like them for long road trips for two reasons. One, it makes me have to pee, so I will take occasional breaks instead of driving until I run low on gas, the second reason is the caffeine, of course.

None of them really taste that good, just horrible ones and tolerable ones.
like zmace said, but personally it's because i hate coffee. i hate the taste of coffee but i want caffeine for long travel or long work. and i also love the taste of monsters
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

hellbilly311
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by hellbilly311 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I drank the Monster khaos for years, but just have been drinking the Monster Rehab green tea lately. That's good shit.

Whackpack7

Post by Whackpack7 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:44 pm

Amp Overdrive Cherry. Best tasting stuff ever created. Tastes more like a soda than an energy drink. Close second is the Team Realtree Blaze Orange. I live in WV so they sale pretty well around here, I'm not sure on availability in other places. They taste exactly like Sunkist Orange Soda, and they hype me up more than a Red Bull.

EMEUTIER
Resident Evil Series

Post by EMEUTIER » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:05 am

I used to drink the energy drinks too. My favorite was lift plus, not made anymore.

But I have practically quit now. They are really bad for your health, especially if you have more than one per day.
To JoergSprave on YouTube, Tproa wrote: Sir, I tip my hat to you --- slowly, and without any sudden movement....

Silverbug
Favorite Zombie Movies: Anything on C-SPAN, because I refuse to believe that most of the people on there are not undead.

Post by Silverbug » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

http://www.drinkcocaine.com/

It's not my regular poison (Zero Carb Rockstar wins that distinction) but it's my go to for the times I need to stay up for 60 straight hours. The crash on it is pretty amazing, as you can feel energetic for hours, start to slip, and then feel like death warmed over within minutes.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

EMEUTIER wrote: They are really bad for your health, especially if you have more than one per day.
What makes them worse than coffee?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

hatchtrikk
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days later, 28 weeks later, dawn of the dead, land of the dead, diary of the dead and many more...

Post by hatchtrikk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:17 am

crypto wrote:
EMEUTIER wrote: They are really bad for your health, especially if you have more than one per day.
What makes them worse than coffee?

I drink 3-4 Rockstar Recovery's per day... Am I dying? :lol: :o :shock: :cry:
My Draco SBR: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=79016" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Belt fed always wins. -GD4

I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley. -Agent Smith

Jimmy NoFeet

Post by Jimmy NoFeet » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:55 pm

Whackpack7 wrote:Amp Overdrive Cherry. Best tasting stuff ever created. Tastes more like a soda than an energy drink.
+1
I don't drink for the effects, I just love the taste of red Amp. Typically 2-3 a week, each followed by two bottles of water within the morning to, hypothetically, flush my lines.
Maybe if we ignore him, he'll just go away.

hard2kill
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead, night of the living dead, anything George A. Romero touches, 28 days later

Post by hard2kill » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 pm

The only one I really like is the monster coffee drinks. Particularly loca moca. Ofcourse I live on coffee anyway
"What kind of fuse is that?
Cannon fuse
What the hell do you use it for?
My cannon!"

Jimmy NoFeet

Post by Jimmy NoFeet » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 pm

So, being the cheapskate that I am, I bought some SLAP Energy at Wally World the other day.
Taste-wise, it's a lot like Grape RipIt.
30 calories in the Tallboy can, and only 5 grams of sugar.
No weird, semi-trippy side-effects like Sugar Free AMP.
Plus, $10 for a pack of twelve :o
Maybe if we ignore him, he'll just go away.

BA_SOONER

Post by BA_SOONER » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:37 am

Anyone ever come across any Non-Carb stuff like the Rockstar Recovery? Post up if you have....I can't stand the carbonated drinks.

EMEUTIER
Resident Evil Series

Post by EMEUTIER » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:00 am

Anything in high doses is bad for you. But the problem is, with energy drinks, the caffeine comes in high doses regardless of how much you drink. And while there are few reported deaths from energy drinks, there are an increasing number of people complaining of heart palpitations, high blood pressure, headaches and ulcers. That crash you’ve probably experienced after drinking the stuff answers your question for you.
(Cant remember the source)
On top of that, high amounts of caffeine can reduce your coordination and balance. Too many energy drinks with caffeine will disturb your sleeping patterns. These are the reasons that top the list of why children, pregnant women and people with heart conditions should avoid energy drinks.
(Source: http://www.edrinks.net/energy-drinks/side-effects.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
A small US study has found a link between consumption of "energy drinks" and high blood pressure or heart disease risk. The researchers found healthy adults who drank two cans of a popular energy drink a day had above normal blood pressure and heart rate.
(Source: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/88066.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

As a side point... have any of you read the side of the can of any energy drink? Most (all that I have seen) have written somewhere on the label to NOT consume more than one per day.

I'm not trying to preach or convert anyone, just saying what I have found out. One of the reasons I no longer have any energy drinks is because I have sleep-apnea and high blood pressure TBH though I do miss their taste.
To JoergSprave on YouTube, Tproa wrote: Sir, I tip my hat to you --- slowly, and without any sudden movement....

Return to “Eats and Drinks”