Fajitas

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Meat N' Taters

Fajitas

Post by Meat N' Taters » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:29 am

Here is my secret recipe, divulged for your benefit. Be the hero of your next cookout, or make "Mexican Night" something better than one of those Taco Bell kits.

Get ahold of some beef skirt. Beef skirt and only beef skirt is used to make fajitas. Trim off the silvery connective tissue. Leave some fat on there. Time to marinade.

In a blender or food processor, combine: two cans or bottles of your favorite beer (I use Lone Star or Modelo Especial), one whole sprig of fresh cilantro, two limes cut into wedges, salt, pepper, half an onion, garlic powder, a little olive oil, and some cayenne powder.

Put your skirt steak in a tupperware or ziploc baggie, pour marinade over it, and refrigerate overnight or longer. Make sure you have enough marinade to cover meat completely. Cook quickly over an open flame. Spoon more of the marinade atop the meat during the grilling. Cook it medium rare. Nobody likes overcooked fajitas. Serve with some pico de gallo on a corn tortilla.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Re: Fajitas

Post by ausher » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:42 am

Who ordered the woopass fajitas! :mrgreen:

Return to “Eats and Drinks”