Liqueurs and Cordials ... and homemade wine too maybe

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Kathy in FL

Liqueurs and Cordials ... and homemade wine too maybe

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:42 pm

Before doing any kind of homemade alcohol, make sure and check your state's laws on it. Do not blame me if you get called a moonshiner. :lol: :lol:

I guess since I started the subject over in the MJOTZY story I'll post some of the recipes I've tried over the years right here. I'll start with the liqueurs and work my way into cordials and eventually get around to simple --- emphasis on simple --- homemade wines. Fill free to jump in and/or post your own "receipts" 'cause I'm always on the look out for something new to try.

NOTE: I probably shouldn't have to say this but I will anyway. When working with anything for human consumption cleanliness is a must. Make sure and scald all of your equipment before use each and every time.

Kathy in FL

Re: Liqueurs and Cordials ... and homemade wine too maybe

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Orange - Flavored Liqueur

4 medium oranges water
2 c. sugar 2 c. vodka or rum

Squeeze juice from oranges; reserve peel from one orange. Cut peel into strips. Add water to juice to make two cups. In saucepan combine juice, peel, and sugar. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat and simmer on low for five minutes. Cool. Pour into half-gallon screw-top jar. Stir in vodka or rum. Cover with lid. Let stand at room temperature for three to four weeks. Strain before serving. Yield: five cups.

Orange Liqueur #2

4 medium oranges 1 vanilla bean
2-3 c. vodka 1 c. brandy
1 c. sugar syrup

Wash and peel oranges making sure to scrape all white rind from the peels to avoid bitter flavor. Add to liquor and vanilla bean. Steep 2 to 3 weeks, strain and filter. Add sugar syrup and let age for four weeks. Yield: one quart plus.

Orange and Coffee Bean Liqueur

1 extra large orange 44 coffee beans
44 sugar cubes 1 vanilla bean (1 inch)
1 pint cognac

Wash orange and make as many small slits in it as possible. Stick a coffee bean in each slit and place the rest of the beans in the jar. Add the sugar cubes and the orange. Pour in cognac and add vanilla bean. Let the drink mature for 1½ to two months. Strain, squeezing juice from orange, and filter. Ready to serve. Yield: one pint.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Papaya Liqueur

1 Papaya
1 c Vodka
1 sm Lemon wedge, scraped peel
1/4 c Sugar syrup, optional to taste

Look for medium-sized papaya (slightly larger than a pear) with smooth, unbruised skin, and a fruity aroma. Best time is May and June. Dark spots on the skin are a bad sign and will cause a bad flavor (check stem for decay and softness). Cut papaya in half, remove seeds, and peel skin. Cut in medium chunks and place in vodka with lemon peel(twist to release flavor). Let steep for 1 week. Strain and squeeze fruit, extracting juice. If desired, add sugar syrup. Store for 3 weeks. Yield: 1 pint

Peach Liqueur

12 medium peaches 4 strips lemon peel, scraped
1 stick cinnamon 3 c. vodka
1 c. sugar syrup

Peel peaches and cut in quarters. Combine with vodka, lemon peels, and spices in cover jar and store for 1 to 2 weeks, shaking occasionally. Strain fruit (squeezing as much juice as possible) and filter. Add sugar syrup and store for an additional six weeks. Yield: 1 liter.

Pear Liqueur

½ lb. pears 1½ c. vodka, rum, or brandy
½ c. sugar syrup pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg
1 clove 1 coriander seed
1 apple (optional)

Slice pears (and apple if desired) and add to other ingredients, adding sugar syrup last. Stir gently and steep three weeks. Strain and filter. Taste and adjust flavor by adding more fruit or sugar syrup if needed. Steep three to four weeks, then strain. Ready for use. Other fruits can be combined with pears to create a different taste. Yield: 1½ pints.

Pineapple Liqueur

2 c. fresh pineapple 2 c. vodka
½ c. sugar syrup

Slice pineapple and combine with vodka in jar. Steep for one week. Strain and squeeze juice from pineapple (as much as possible). Filter a few time until liquid is smooth and pulp free. Add sugar syrup to taste. Pineapple juice may be added for additional taste if desired. Age one month. Yield: three cups.

Plum Liqueur

3 lbs. purple plums, halved and pitted (7 cups)
4 c. sugar 1 quart gin

In gallon screw top jar combine plums, sugar, and gin; cover with lid. Invert daily til sugar is dissolved, about four days. Place in cool, dark place at least 2 months. Strain through cheesecloth before serving. Makes 2 quarts.

Plum Liqueur #2

1½ lbs. fresh plums 2 c. vodka
1½ c. sugar syrup pinch of cinnamon

Halve and pit plums and combine in jar with vodka, sugar syrup, and cinnamon. cover and invert jar daily until sugar is dissolved (about four days). Place in cool, dark place for two, preferrably three, months. Occasionally shake gently. Strain. Ready to serve. Yield: three cups plus.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:44 pm

Raspberry Liqueur

1 pint fresh raspberries 2 ½ c. vodka
1 vanilla bean ¼ t. whole allspice
½ c. sugar syrup

Rinse berries and place in mixing bowl, lightly crushing to release flavor. Add vodka, vanilla bean, and allspice. Stire and store in bottle in cool, dark place for three weeks. Strain mixture through dampened cheesecloth squeezing as much juice as possible. Pour back in bottle adding sugar syrup and age another three to five weeks. Yield: one pint plus.

Homemade Cream Liqueur

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 c. dark rum 1 c. heavy cream
¼ c. chocolate syrup 4 t. instant coffee
½ t. ground cinnamon ½ t. vanilla
¼ t. coconut extract

Combine milk, rum, heavy cream, syrup, coffee, cinnamon, vanilla, and extract in blender. Whirl at high speed until well blended and smooth. Serve immediately over ice. Or, cover tightly and store in refrigerator up to two weeks. Stir before serving.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Chocolate Liqueur

2 t. pure chocolate extract ½ t. pure vanilla extract
1½ c. vodka ½ c. sugar syrup

Mix all ingredients and let mature two weeks. The chocolate tends to settle on the bottom and may need to be stirred before serving. Finished version will tend to be thin, but is still quite tasty and excellent for mixing in coffee or puoring over desserts. Add glycerine to thicken if desired. For chocolate mint, add ½ teaspoon fresh mint and a few drops of peppermint extract. Let mature two additional weeks. Yield: 1 pint.

Irish Cream Liqueur

3 eggs 1 t. vanilla
2 t. coconut extract 3 T. chocolate syrup
1 (14 oz.) can condensed milk 2 c. Irish whiskey

Combine all ingredients in blender for three minutes. Refrigerate until thick, approximately three to four weeks. This recipe is not only easy to make, but is amazingly similar to the commercial brands. A favorite of most people. Yield: three cups.

Ginger Liqueur

½ c. crystallized ginger 2 c. vodka
½ c. sugar syrup
Add all ingredients together. Steep for two weeks. Strain and it is ready to serve. This liqueur has a real zing to it and will be enjoyed by a true ginger lover. Makes a unique addition to meat and poultry marinades. Yield: one pint plus.

Licorice Liqueur

2½ T. chopped licorice root 1½ c. vodka
½ c. sugar syrup

Wash the licorice root and chop into small pieces. Add to vodka and steep for one week. Strain and filter. Add sugar syrup and steep for one week. Ready to serve. Adjust to taste with extract if necessary. Yield: one pint plus.

Cinnamon Liqueur

1 cinnamon stick 2 cloves
1 T. ground coriander 1 c. vodka
½ c. brandy ½ c. sugar syrup

Steep all herbs in alcohol for two weeks. Strain and filter until clear and add sugar syrup to taste. Let stand one week and it is ready to serve. Makes a nice hot drink when added to boiling water. Yield: one pint plus.

Peppermint Liqueur

2-3 t. peppermint extract 3 c. vodka
1 c. sugar syrup

Combine all ingredients and stir. Let stand for two weeks. Use teaspoons of extract for lighter mint taste and additional sugar syrup for a sweeter, thicker liqueur. Yield: one quart.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:45 pm

Spicy Herbal Liqueur

6 cardamom pods 3 t. anise seeds
2¼ t. of chopped angelica root 1 cinnamon stick
1 clove ¼ t. mace
1 fifth of vodka 1 c. sugar syrup

Remove seeds from caramom pods. Add the anise seeds, and crush all the kernels with the back of a fork. Put them in a one quart container adding angelica root, cinnamon stick, clove, mace, and vodka. Shake mixture well and store in a cupboard for one week. Pour through cheesecloth lined strainer several times. Blend the liquid with the sugar syrup. Ready to serve. Yield: one quart.

ALLSPICE LIQUEUR

3/4 teaspoon Allspice
1 1/2 cups Vodka or brandy
1/2 cup Sugar syrup

Steep allspice in alcohol for 10 days. Strain and filter. Add sugar syrup. Mature 3-4 weeks.

AMARETTO

2 cups Sugar
2 cups Water
2 cups Vodka
2 cups Brandy
4 teaspoons Almond extract

Combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 min. Stir occasionally.
Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into containers and seal.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm

BANANA COCONUT RUM CREAM LIQUEUR

2 Ripe bananas -- mashed
one cup)
2 teaspoons Coconut extract
1 1/2 cups Rum
1/2 cup Vodka
1/2 cup Sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup Evaporated milk
1 cup Cream of coconut

Mash bananas and blend in blender with coconut extract, rum, and vodka. Add milks and blend at low speed for one minute. Add cream of coconut or coconut milk and pulse stir for one minute (use lowest speed on blender and turn on-off eight times.) Makes about four cups.

BLUEBERRY LIQUEUR

1 quart Fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup Water
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Whole cloves
Strips of peel from one lemo
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Vodka

Simmer blueberries, water, cinnamon, cloves, lemon peel for 25 minutes. Strain through a cheese cloth.
Pour about 1 1/4 cups liquid into a sauce pan. Add sugar and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. To make more liqueur, combine on cup blueberry syrup and one cup vodka. Refrigerate for 4 weeks. Makes approximately one pint.

CHERRY MINT LIQUEUR

2 1/2 cups Sweet Bing cherries -- pitted
10 Crushed cherry stones
10 Fresh mint leaves
Slice dpeel of 1/2 lemon
2 cups Vodka
1/2 cup Sugar (not sugar syrup)

Remove the stems from the cherries, cut in half, and remove the pits. Crush the cherries lightly. Crush about 10 of the cherry stones by placing them in a plastic or cloth bag and hitting with a hammer. Place crushed pits and cherries in a quart jar. Add the sugar, then the vodka. Close the jar tightly and place in the sun daily for 1 week. Then set the jar in a cool dark place for 4 weeks. Strain. Let mature at least 2 months.

CINNAMON-CORIANDER LIQUEUR

2 Inches cinnamon stick or -- 1 1/2 tablespoons gr
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground coriander seed
2 Cloves
1 1/2 cups Vodka -- or half and half
and brandy
1/2 cup Sugar syrup

Steep the herbs in the alcohol for 10 days. Strain and filter. Add sugar syrup. This is especially good with brown sugar syrup. For another flavoring, add a few raisins or currants to the vodka and a slice of scraped lemon peel.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:46 pm

Banana Liqueur

2 medium bananas 1 t. vanilla extract
3 c. vodka 1 c. sugar syrup

Mash peeled bananas and add to vodka, cooled sugar syrup, and vanilla. Shake gently and let sit one week. Strain and filter. Let sit longer for additional flavoring, but may be used now. Experiment with cinnamon or nutmeg. Yield: one quart.

Cherry Liqueur

½ lb. Bing cherries ½ lb. granulated sugar
2 c. vodka

Wash, stem, and towel dry cherries and place in jar. Pour sugar over the cherries, following with the vodka. Unlike the other recipes, do not mix them. Cover with lid and store on shelf for three months without disturbing, then strain. Ready to serve. Recipe can be varied with extracts (chocolate, mine, orange, etc.). Add approximately one teaspoon of extract to finished liqueur and lit sit another few weeks. Experiment with small portions of flavorings to find your desired taste. Yield: three cups.

Vanilla Pecan Liqueur

1 quart brandy 3 vanilla beans (2 inches)
1 (6 oz.) pkg. pecans, chopped 2 c. sugar syrup
pinch of cinnamon

Pour brandy, pecans, cinnamon, and vanilla beans (extract ma be alternated) in jar and cover. Let stand for two to three weeks. Add sugar sryup to taste. Let stand one week. Strain and steep two more weeks. Ready to serve. Excellent for baking. Yield: 1½ quarts.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:24 pm

I made a great and simple blueberry brandy that I shared with my fellow campers at last year's NNY08WCT:

1 liter of brandy
1 quart of fresh blueberrys
lemon zest from 1 lemon

Mix all of this together in an empty 1.75 liter bottle, shake it together, let it sit for a week or 2, strain out and pour back into 1.75 bottle, plus 1-2 cups of simple syrup...

Jamie
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

RogerK

Post by RogerK » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:12 pm

nfa wrote:I made a great and simple blueberry brandy that I shared with my fellow campers at last year's NNY08WCT:

1 liter of brandy
lemon zest from 1 lemon

Mix all of this together in an empty 1.75 liter bottle, shake it together, let it sit for a week or 2, strain out and pour back into 1.75 bottle, plus 1-2 cups of simple syrup...

Jamie
What do you mean by simple syrup? Like ¼ cup of sugar to 1 cup of water?

This thread needs a sticky :D
Thomas Gallowglass wrote:Amoung the things I've learned in life are these two tidbits...
1) don't put trust into how politicians explain things
2) you are likely to bleed if you base your actions upon 'hope'...

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Depending on how sweet you need it to be you take one to two cups of sugar to one cup of water. I usually stick to the 1:1 ratio unless the fruit I'm using needs to be sweeter than it is. Or if the liquor I'm using is the really nasty stuff ... the sugar syrup smoothes it out (supposedly). :lol:
RogerK wrote:
nfa wrote:I made a great and simple blueberry brandy that I shared with my fellow campers at last year's NNY08WCT:

1 liter of brandy
lemon zest from 1 lemon

Jamie
What do you mean by simple syrup? Like ¼ cup of sugar to 1 cup of water?

This thread needs a sticky :D

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:20 pm

I make simple syrup with sugar in water in a ratio of 3:1

I also made a batch of bacon-infused bourbon this week, I'll post pics and recipe soon...

Jamie

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:07 pm

nfa wrote:I make simple syrup with sugar in water in a ratio of 3:1

I also made a batch of bacon-infused bourbon this week, I'll post pics and recipe soon...

Jamie
Wow, that's sweet! You mean three cups of sugar to one cup of water? You must have to heat the water up to get all that sugar in it.

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Jamie » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:12 pm

ooops, nope...I got that backwards...I meant 3:1 water to sugar, although sometimes I do 2:1...

Jamie

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Here's a link to some traditional "antique" cordial recipes that have been modernized.

http://www.dragonbear.com/cordrec2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RogerK

Post by RogerK » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:05 pm

Thanks Jamie and Kathy!

The ratio I used was for an extra-light syrup for canning fruit....
Thomas Gallowglass wrote:Amoung the things I've learned in life are these two tidbits...
1) don't put trust into how politicians explain things
2) you are likely to bleed if you base your actions upon 'hope'...

Midian

Post by Midian » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:04 pm

I have started to make my own Wine and Mead. My first batch is a plain Mead.

1.5 L of water
.5 L of Raw Clover Honey
1/2 tsp of Wine Yeast

Water and Honey Boiled to starilize. Cooled to room temp. I had to make an Air lock from a Loop of 3/8 tubing glued through the Cap of a 2.2 L water bottle. It has been ferminting for 4 days so far. I origanaly had used 3/16 aquarium tubing for the air lock but it blew out the water so I hope the mead does not go off.

My next try will be a grape juice with bread yeast. I understand that when it reaches 12% the yeast will die. Wine yeast would be better but I want to see different methods on the cheap.

Sad thing is I do not drink. But am willing to learn.

NapTime

Post by NapTime » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:58 pm

My friends and I have been making infusions lately, and I thought I'd share. Here's the current lineup.

From left to right is Habanero, Orange, and Fig Vodka, and the last is Bacon Bourbon.

All of the vodka's were made by simply soaking (6 stemmed and quartered orange habanero's / the zest of one orange / 1/2 cup chopped figs) in 151 for a few days, then straining through a coffee filter. The orange is subtle but tasty, and the fig is bold and fruity. The Habanero is wonderfully spicey, and still in it's undiluted 151 form, so the tiniest of sips is truly enough of an experience for even the most seasoned of chili vodka drinkers.

The bourbon was done by fat extraction. Fry 6 pieces of bacon, pour fat into a bottle, eat the bacon, wait for the grease to cool some, top the bottle off with Bourbon, drink what bourbon won't fit in the bottle, let sit for 24 hours, strain through coffee filters, freeze, strain through coffee filters again, bottle. Our batch tastes like a rich smoky bourbon, but once you swallow you're left with a distinct salty bacony aftertaste. It's odd, but good if you're into bacon.

You can really put anything into booze, and it can be a good idea, especially if you're distilling your own. Gin is just vodka with juniper and other flavorings. It became popular in the United States during the prohibition, because it did such a good job of hiding the off-taste of low quality moonshine.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am

Apple Cordial

4 c. coarsely chopped apple
1 c. sugar
4" stick cinnamon, broken
2 c. brandy

In a large screw top jar combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour brandy atop; mix well. Cover with lid. Invert jar daily til sugar is dissolve, about four days. Store in a cool, dark place 4 to 6 weeks. Strain through cheesecloth before serving. Makes 2½ cups.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:17 am

Blackberry Root Cordial

To make a half gallon, use a handful of blackberry knobs--or roots--which have been well washed. Boil for a half hour. Cool and put in a tablespoon of cinnamon, a tablespoon of cloves or allspice, a half cup of sugar, and, if you can get hold of any, one-fourth cup of grain alcohol.

Blackberry Vinegar

This vinegar mixed with water will quench the thirst when all other beverages have failed. It can be given to patients with fevers. Gather the berries. Place in malt or apple cider vinegar in a covered ceramic, stainless, cast iron, or nonaluminum pot. Let mixture stand for three days, then allow berries to drip all day through a strainer. Measure the juice. Add about a pound of honey for each pint of juice. Simmer gently for five minutes or so. Remove any scum as it appears, then set the blackberry vinegar aside to cool. Bottle and label and close it tight with a tight lid or cork.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:18 am

Blackberry Cordial

To 2 quarts blackberry juice, add 3 cups sugar and one tablespoon each of whole cloves, whole allspice, whole cinnamon, and whole nutmeg (tied in bag). Simmer 30 minutes. Bring to boiling. Discard spice bag. Pour hot into hot jars, leaving quarter inch headspace. Adjust caps. Process pints and quarts 15 minutes in boiling water bath.

Blackberry Nectar

Select sound, ripe blackberries. Add the berries to three cups good vinegar in a crock or large jar. Cover the crock with cheesecloth and let stand three or four days, stirring daily. When ready, strain without crushing the berries. Measure, and add one pound sugar for each pint of juice. Boil gently for five minutes. Put in bottles or jars and seal. When serving, dilute with water and crushed ice. Use less sugar if a tart drink is preferred.

Blackberry Shrub

Gather the blackberries, wash and select so that there will be not sour or imperfect ones. Cover with cider vinegar (2 years old) and cook until soft. Strain, and sweeten the juice to taste; boil down until it is about the consistency of thick syrup. Bottle and put in a cool, dark place. When serving, use 3 or 4 tablespoons to a glass of cold water.

Blackberry Wine

Cover the berries with boiling water and let them stand 12 hours. Strain and add 2 pounds of sugar to each gallon of juice. Pout in jugs, taking care to keep the vessels full the brim, so that as the juice ferments, the scum which rises may flow off. Jugs should be refilled every morning with juice from a small vessel kept for this purpose. Continue this for four or five days; then stopper the jugs loosely, and after 10 days cork tightly. This will be ready to bottle and seal in four months.

Blackberry Brandy

1 quart blackberries
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 t. whole allspice
12 whole cloves
2 c. brandy

In gallon screw top jar combine blackberries, sugar, and spices. Pour in brandy; cover with lid. Invert jar daily til sugar is dissolved, about four days. Place in cool, dark place for at least 2 months. Strain through cheesecloth before serving. Makes about 3½ cups.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:19 am

Peach Cordial

3 lbs. peaches, pitted and quartered
2½ c. sugar
4 strips of lemon peel, 2" long
4" stick cinnamon, broken
6 whole cloves
1 quart bourbon

In gallon screw top jar combine peaches, sugar, lemon peel, and spices. Pour in bourbon; cover with lid. Invert jar daily til sugar is dissolved, about 4 days. Place in cool, dark place for at least two months. Strain through cheesecloth before serving. Makes 1½ quarts.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am

Raspberry Cordial

2 qts. fresh raspberries
2 c. boiling water
2 c. sugar

Crush the berries well with a wooden spoon and put them into a small stoneware crock. Add water. Cover crock with cheesecloth and set it in a warm place for 24 hours. Stir occasionally. Push the berries and their liquid through a fine sieve to remove the seeds. Reserve the juice and discard the pulp. Add sugar to the sieved berries and stir well. Stir again every 15 minutes for one hour (5 times altogether). Strain mixture through dampened muslin or several layers of dampened cheesecloth. Bottle cordial and cork bottles. Place bottles on their sides and keep them in a cool, dark place for 4 months. Decant before using. Makes 2 quarts.

Raspberry Pickles

Wash half gallon fresh, almost ripe berries. Place in self-sealing jars with a ½ teaspoon each of cloves and allspice and one stick of cinnamon. Boil 1½ pints of good apple vinegar with a half cup of sugar and pour over berries. Seal in sterilized jars while hot.

Raspberry Vinegar

Put two gallons ripe raspberries in a stone jar. Pour a gallon cider vinegar over them, and let stand 24 hours. Drain, then pour the liquor over a gallon of fresh berries and let stand overnight. Strain and add one measure of sugar for every measure of juice. Boil and skim. Bottle when cold.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:47 pm

I've done a lot of beer and wine making (my parents own a winery) ranging from "modified prison style wine" (That I made in Iraq) to refined beers. When I get more time I'll post some recipes. Great thread.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”