Propane "smoker"

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Chantrea
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Uh...does Bubba Ho-Tep count? It's got Bruce Campbell in it!

Propane "smoker"

Post by Chantrea » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Anyone used one?

I know someone who wants to get rid of theirs since they never use it.

On the one hand, it's very tempting because then I could smoke/kind of preserve my own stuff. But on the other, it's not exactly sustainable (in the sense that I'd need to buy propane for it).

Are they pretty easy to use in general? My friend tells me that he could never 'figure it out', but he's kind of a gadgetphobe, and a smoker doesn't seem like his kind of thing.

ZombieCleaner

Re: Propane "smoker"

Post by ZombieCleaner » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:00 pm

I tried smoking propane once. Only once... :lol: Oh sorry, I had to say it.

But IMO there's no smell like that of fresh hickory in a smoker going all day with a big fat pork butt on there.
You'll find that smoking foods will quickly lead to an addiction of all things smoked.

Our smoker is run by propane and is simple to use. Just adjust the flow valve till the temperature gauge reads what you need it to and stays there. If you buy your wood chips from a store, soak them in water so they don't just burn up.
Jagdwulfe wrote:Does that make Gundown into Egg Chen? :shock:

Return to “Eats and Drinks”