Home Herb/Vegie garden

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Do you already have a GB?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:40 am

Yes
18%
No
64%
Getting one
18%

Total votes: 11

Bingo

Home Herb/Vegie garden

Post by Bingo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:40 am

Yesterday I picked up some seeds and a germination box (or GB). I started the first Herb and indoor plant garden today. Its very simple and inexpensive and I bought the kit, you can do it yourself if you fancy. But I sugest that everyone who is looking at some kind of preperation if your planing on holing up in your house, or for a natual disaster make/buy one. Ill post some pictures when we have more sunlight.
Last edited by Bingo on Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:22 am

We have a herb garden in my bed room. It's normally on the balcany but it's too cold outside. Actually, Michelle has a herb garden in our bedroom.

You might want to change the title of the thread to something related to the subject like "Home Herb Gardening" or whatever. I know there are a lot of people who thumb through the forum and don't read all the threads since there are so many.

I'm not sure what all we have growing right now. What are you experimenting with?
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

randomusername
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by randomusername » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:38 pm

I'm relocating soon, but i'll look into getting one, sounds good.

Bingo

Post by Bingo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:40 pm

The one box we have now is currently growing Carrots, Tomatos, Potatos, and Green Beans. Ill pick up a smaller one later for the herbs ( most likely will be for spices and not medical) We have big indoor planters that will be ready when these guys get bigger. About those pictures, ill have em tomarrow.

takefuji

Post by takefuji » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:00 pm

I've tried to plant things numerous times. They would always die. I'll probably try growing more stuff in the near future...I might need them one day.

anvilbuck

sprouting!

Post by anvilbuck » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:17 am

sprouts are very easy to do and very good for you. almost any seed or bean can be sprouted(some are toxic).
THE GEORGE FORGE

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:02 pm

Just remember that you need to nuture your plants with nutrients, water, sunliight and death metal.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Kyle S..

Post by Kyle S.. » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:11 am

lol Yeah, just when you listen to headbanger's ball, have a couple of plants nearby.
Dr. Chopsaw wrote:Is that a shotgun down your pants or are you just happy to see me?

paul

yup!

Post by paul » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:33 am

Herbs grow well indoors. Tomatoes and veges are another story. Tomatos need heat and sunlight. Lots of it! Start the seeds inside but plan to harden them off and move them outdoors full time when the soil warms up in spring. To be productive, most veges need more growing space than one might think to be productive. Growing stuff is just like anything else. It has a learning curve. Start now, even if all you have space for is a few tomato plants in a container on an apartment balcony. As you work with them, you'll soon learn what makes them tick. I live in a rural area, and you'd be suprised how many country folks don't even have a garden. Most farmers who grow corn or beans for a living don't even have gardens at home. Its strange.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”