First Strike Rations

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

taipan821

First Strike Rations

Post by taipan821 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:01 am

Overhauling my search kit at the moment and I am looking for a better food solution. Ration packs work but are often too bulky for my kit.

The first strike ration looks like it would fit the bill, so does anyone know somewhere that ships them internationally?

I'm interested to try one out, see if it works for me.
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017
Watsonville/Walsh River Bushfire 2018
North Queensland Monsoonal Event 2019
New South Wales Bushfires 2019

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: First Strike Rations

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:52 am

I found this: MRE Info - I moved away from MREs due to my Diabetes, these look like a good idea, if someone is going to be needing those calories.

RonnyRonin

Re: First Strike Rations

Post by RonnyRonin » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:21 am

First strike rations are just a vacuum pack grab bag of junk food and snacks, a trip to the grocery store could get you the nearly the exact same food, and certainly much better food if you cared to take the time. There is nothing magical about the pop tarts and trail mix they put in the first strike rations compared to the local versions.

an assortment of clif/power/laar/whathaveyou bars is probably even better weight/bulk per calorie and possibly better nutritionally as well. Throw in a bunch of peanut butter if you don't have an allergy.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”