Pemmican, jerky meat and others long term food recipe

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Pemmican, jerky meat and others long term food recipe

Post by azrael99 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:00 am

I would be interested to gain a few recipe idea of home made long term food.

I recently got a recipe for home made beef jerky and Pemmican, and i want to try them. but i would like to get other recipe that would be useful and tasty to try

LET'S SHARE OUR RECIPE , shall we ?

"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Re: Pemmican, jerky meat and others long term food recipe

Post by azrael99 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:12 am

for what i read, the most adapted to survival recipe must be : light, rich in calorie, simple and tasty (it not because you are surviving that your food must taste like crap)
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:21 am

fyi adding anything to pemmican besides the dried meat and suet tallow decreases it's self life. That is not to say not to try adding stuff as plain pemmican is pretty bland, just figured it was a good idea to mention it as plenty might not know. Also it is much better to get grass fed meat and suet. Grain fed animals do not produce meat and fat the same way as grass fed.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:23 am

from my research the best meat is wild meat, except pig and bear

NEVER USE PIG AND BEAR. their meat can be toxic if not properly cooked.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”