Keeping it simple and portable

For all your pre- and post-PAW food and beverage recipes. Just because it keeps you alive doesn't mean it shouldn't be tasty.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ZomChef

Keeping it simple and portable

Post by ZomChef » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 am

If one is caught for an extended legnth of time away from suitable resources, It would behoove one to always carry a jar of peanut butter on thier person. One can get all of the protein and fat that one would need and if rationed properly, 1-16oz jar should be enough for about 1 week per individual. Then ones only concern would be scurrvy but that only occurrs if one is away for a much longer time without access to some sort of citrus. I hope this is helpful as I will be joining the AZ chapter of ZS shortly. Bags are packed and guns are loaded ready to bug in or out whatever the need may be.

katieann

Re: Keeping it simple and portable

Post by katieann » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 pm

At roughly 200 calories an ounce, that 16 ounce jar is only 3,200 calories. Hope you're bringing some crackers to make it last a whole week.

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Peanut butter, huh, who knew!

BlueSilkRibbon
Favorite Zombie Movies: ZombieLand, Walking Dead
Location: Pocono Mountains, North Eastern Pennsylvania (NePa),

Post by BlueSilkRibbon » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:59 pm

Great idea. Now I just need some ramen noodles and I will be good to go.
Zombie Patrol: It's like neighborhood watch...with Zombies.
http://www.zazzle.com/bluesilkribbon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; all profits go to a no kill animal shelter

You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement.

My Lobo:

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:45 pm

BlueSilkRibbon wrote:Great idea. Now I just need some ramen noodles and I will be good to go.
Hey! You got ramen noodles in my peanut butter .........

bertran

Post by bertran » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:58 am

There is a product out called "Juice Plus". It's a little expensive but is great stuff. bertran

ZomChef

Post by ZomChef » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:01 am

Viamin C tablets are a lot less expensive and they do the job

bertran

Post by bertran » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:17 pm

You are so correct in your thinking. I wonder how many people know the history of peanut butter. I do keep vitamins in my BOB, especially "C". Another item I keep in my stash is bullion cubes, both chicken and beef. I'm older but I saw food panic here in South Bend IN in 1978 after a severe snow storm. Once people got out they hit the stores and emptied them in hours. Ever since then I have always kept certain items on the shelf. Are there any other items you recommend? Bertran

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:02 pm

bertran wrote: Once people got out they hit the stores and emptied them in hours. Ever since then I have always kept certain items on the shelf. Are there any other items you recommend?

Everything that people will empty the stores of, in hours :wink:

...most anything consumable, in such quantities that it will last for the time period you forsee it lacking in availability.

Return to “Eats and Drinks”