Rapid Response Team?

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Oddball

Rapid Response Team?

Post by Oddball » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:21 am

Would there be any definate advantages to having a Rapid Response team for ZS?

I have this image of a C-27 or a C-130 landing on a flat stretch of land, opening the rear cargo doors, and then a couple of offroad vehicles (a jeep, souped up pickup, and a couple of dirkbikes coming out the back.

Supposing we could get all of that stuff :D, would that make some sort of dent in any infestation that would exist in the area? Or would it be simply a show of pointless brute force? I can see it go both ways.
Obviously, before flying off to some destination in the wild blue yonder, one would have to have some sort of intelligence network set up. Wiether it was a group of paid informants positioned at key places around the world (varying from high to low density areas - in terms of population of course), or the simple matter of monitoring government and police transmissions (would still require a human prescence in places, though not as many).

While an informant network prolly could work, I'm guessing you'd need a lot - and I mean A LOT of people to make it work.

So, hypothetically, if you had the equipment (ie a large cargo plane, vehicles, military grade weapons and communication technology), properly trained people (such as pilots, ground crew, and of course, a zombie hunter team), and some way to gather intel, do YOU think that such a plan could effectively contain and destroy pockets of the undead before they created a global cataclysm? :?:
I am the rocker - I am the roller - I am the out of controller!
(rolls over and explodes)

Flashbang_E4T

Post by Flashbang_E4T » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:37 am

So what your saying is.... if we were the US military it might be cool..... Um well, or we could just let the military do their job and take up the defender role.
Civilian Scout wrote:Water is essential for physical survival, but liquor is crucial for keeping the soul alive.
the_klenzer wrote:I'd get up, look out my window, pause for a moment and say "Fucking Americans have finally invaded. Oh well, bound to happen." And go back to bed.

bradfran

Post by bradfran » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:55 pm

if you want to pony up the big bucks it would cost for a hlicopter pilots license, and a helicopter, oh...and the communication systems necassary for every member to be able to contact the RRT in the event that internet, cell phones and land line phones are down...go for it. the vehicles and RRT members could volounteer, but you will have to pay for training atleast 3 pilots so that no one person has to be on a 24 hour shift, and 2 people dont have to be on 12 hour shifts.
I am not going to pay for tha gas required to fly from washington state to rescue someone in maine so you will need to pay for...say around 6 helicopters and 3 pilots minimum for each one, actually better make that 6 pilots so there are 3 shifts and 2 equally trained pilots in the cocpit at all times.
just for sake of argument lets figure each chopper costs $500,000 (if we are still talking about the big boys that can carry vehicles inside, and I'm sure I'm rounding the price down a lot). add in say $250,000 a year in fuel costs. add say $10,000 per person for licensing. and say $50,000 per chopper a year for repairs.
just for one RRT (not counting jeeps, guns, ammo, and considering manpower is volounteered) we are talking $810,000 a year. thats a lot of money so how about we let the military, fed law enforcement, state local and city law enforcement, fire departments and paramedics handle the rapid response. if the sh*t gets so bad that a zombie squad RRT would be handy then zombie squad members better be prepaired to fend for themselves...kind of the point of this site isnt it(helping each other get prepared to fend for ourselves)?

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:44 pm

Guys, while this would be cool in a video game, in the real world, our purpose is to survive. I know the main web site is a little fuzzy on that, but that's cause it's supposed to be funny. I for one, will be moving AWAY from any action as quickly as possible.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Sturmwehr

Post by Sturmwehr » Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:46 pm

...Would it be cool to have our own private army? Yes.

...Would it ever be possible in 10 billion years? No.

It'd actually probably be a lot better to just hire a PMC instead of dealing with a militia-type group that would get shitlisted by the BATF. Besides, then you get high speed, low drag operators. A'la Blackwater.

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:16 pm

If you start a PMC dedicated to zombie eradication you will have my resume in your inbox within 24 hours and will immediatly jump contract to sign up.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:19 am

Or just wait til I win the Powerball lottery. Ya like that'll happen.
Psalm 27:1-5
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

Bald Chihuahua

Post by Bald Chihuahua » Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:53 pm

jamoni wrote:Guys, while this would be cool in a video game, in the real world, our purpose is to survive. I know the main web site is a little fuzzy on that, but that's cause it's supposed to be funny. I for one, will be moving AWAY from any action as quickly as possible.
Someone doesn't own a mech...

Hamologist

Post by Hamologist » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:38 pm

jamoni wrote:Guys, while this would be cool in a video game, in the real world, our purpose is to survive. I know the main web site is a little fuzzy on that, but that's cause it's supposed to be funny. I for one, will be moving AWAY from any action as quickly as possible.
+1

Rath

Post by Rath » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:31 pm

i already started a group called Mobile Zombie Assault Team. we bad asses we drink and smoke cigars while we fuck the zombies up with blunt objects.

EDIT: added the blunt object to clear things up
Last edited by Rath on Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flashbang_E4T

Post by Flashbang_E4T » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:40 pm

Rath wrote:i already started a group called Mobile Zombie Assault Team. we bad asses we drink and smoke cigars while we fuck the zombies up
Wow, did you guys hear that, this guys fucks zombies up.... my panties are all wet and soppy now.
Civilian Scout wrote:Water is essential for physical survival, but liquor is crucial for keeping the soul alive.
the_klenzer wrote:I'd get up, look out my window, pause for a moment and say "Fucking Americans have finally invaded. Oh well, bound to happen." And go back to bed.

JJ

Post by JJ » Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Rath wrote:i already started a group called Mobile Zombie Assault Team. we bad asses we drink and smoke cigars while we fuck the zombies up with blunt objects.

EDIT: added the blunt object to clear things up
It still reads bad...

Alex

cc

Post by Alex » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:00 am

how did you find zombies I have not found zombies. let me know.
Pick your buddys well thay might eat you in the end

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:52 am

Wait, don't go, you didn't hear the part about how the team will all be equipped with katanas and Desert Eagles!
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:
First: Get a spoon.
Second: Eat my ass.

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:57 am

the_klenzer wrote:
Wait, don't go, you didn't hear the part about how the team will all be equipped with katanas and Desert Eagles!
And Powered Armor!!!!
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:58 am

Oh, well, I'm in, then!
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:40 pm

jamoni wrote:Oh, well, I'm in, then!
You sure? :)
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:

Shmerlin

Post by Shmerlin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:50 pm

3rd times a charm
Dinner Adventures, My restuarant review blog.

tommygun

Post by tommygun » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:40 pm

No offence, but if you want to play army, go join the army. :roll:
Who's got the asshat? :lol: Keep it handy. :lol: j/k
Behold a pale horse, and the name of him who sat upon it was Death, and Hell followed with him.

theomegaman.org

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:39 am

Stupid internet! :cry:

Givens

Re: Rapid Response Team?

Post by Givens » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:43 pm

Oddball wrote:I have this image of a C-27 or a C-130 landing on a flat stretch of land, opening the rear cargo doors, and then a couple of offroad vehicles (a jeep, souped up pickup, and a couple of dirkbikes coming out the back.
:lol:

reminds me of megaforce

...minus the rockets.
Ben wrote:Or you could make a stylist part of your group.
nfa wrote: Forming a group to survive apocalypse...seeking:
  • * 10 Ninjas
    * 2 Doctors
    * 4 Farmers
    * 1 Hair Stylist
    * 3 Snipers
    * 2 Demolitions Experts
Please apply at the the address listed below...

Bald Chihuahua

Post by Bald Chihuahua » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:51 pm

Givens wrote:...minus the rockets.
Because rockets are against forum rules.

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:39 am

Givens wrote: :lol:

reminds me of megaforce
Awesome reference! That was one of my favorite movies when I was 10.

CadetSniper

Post by CadetSniper » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:00 pm

and hookers.

Return to “Transportation”