What are YOU currently lusting after? (BOV related)

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

What are YOU currently lusting after? (BOV related)

Post by NoAm » Thu May 19, 2011 7:28 am

From time to time we see some pretty amazing BOV's, out on the road, in a parking lot, on the internet, etc.

This is all about, things that make ya go Oooooooooooooooooo! Image

To start the wheel rolling, this a gorgeous specimen Mr. NoAm found on the internet.......................................
I introduce to you, the Knight XV from Conquest Vehicles
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2011/05/ ... report.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Re: What are YOU currently lusting after? (BOV related)

Post by Kelvar » Thu May 19, 2011 7:32 am

I love that Knight vehicle, but my current dream BOV is a bit more affordable. I'd love to have one of those 4-door Jeeps. (Although they are fairly expensive, too).

Here's a pic:

Driftking777, that's a better pic than mine, but yeah, you nailed it. 8)

I might want the Knight if I were a multi-millionaire, but it costs $300,000. What I want only costs about $30,000. I think I could find better ways to spend the extra $270,000, assuming I had it. :(
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

driftking777
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD (2004), RE 1 -3.

Post by driftking777 » Thu May 19, 2011 7:54 am

you mean something like this kevlar?

http://www.carbase.com/dealerimages/lib ... G_2159.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally my dream vehicle is probably either a done up FJ60 with a carb motor or my own 4runner done up with a tow behind like teowatki has

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll6/ ... C_0005.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would like my runner similar to this, except longer/lower roof rack with 4 lights up front two in back, a winch, dual batteries....i could go on forever.

(Images are to large, couldnt post them...so just copy paste them.)
Lucas_061287 wrote:I know this much- 1/2" recoil pad on a .375H&H is about as useful as putting inflatable floaties on a Ford Crown Vic loaded with bags of sand that you intend on driving into a lake.

ZombieSoldier01
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ZombieSoldier01 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 am

me personally....

http://f650supertruck.com/

"Zombies... Coming to eat a friend near you.."

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am

My current BOV 4X4 is pretty well equipped, so a BOV I have always lusted after would have to be a 2WD Ural with sidecar.

Something equiped like the Sahara Special Edition, but with factory available camo paint:

Here is the camo I like:

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Thu May 19, 2011 9:39 am

Decked out Toyota FJ or 4Runner.
I do love my Xterra however.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

powerstrokin06

Post by powerstrokin06 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 am

I am going to stay more realistic like some others have stated......I can't wait till next Dec when my truck is paid off so I can start on my H3 project......That's if the Myans dont shit on my parade........... :mrgreen:

RESCUE-K9
Favorite Zombie Movies: Omega man

Post by RESCUE-K9 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:55 am

Right now this is the one I want but $$$$$$$
http://www.earthroamer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To be Born a free man was a gift,To live as one is a blessing, To die as one is an Obligation.

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Fri May 20, 2011 9:15 pm

We saw this in Asheville during one of our ZSC025 meetings at Wild Wings.
The fuel storage is in the running boards.
This was AWESOME!
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

Ducky

Post by Ducky » Fri May 20, 2011 9:48 pm

Personaly I would love something like this.

Please forgive my horibul photoshop skills.
Polaris ranger
Marshal MotorArt 5.5 kit
6x6
Diesel engine
Locking diffs

Im sure someone could build something like this if they were determined enough.
If anyone out there wants to take a shot at doing a better photoshop job on this that would be great :D
:: Lets eat Grandpa! Lets eat, Grandpa! :: Commas, they save lives!
My Ultralight Stove

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Fri May 20, 2011 10:01 pm

offcamber wrote:My current BOV 4X4 is pretty well equipped, so a BOV I have always lusted after would have to be a 2WD Ural with sidecar.

Something equiped like the Sahara Special Edition, but with factory available camo paint:

Here is the camo I like:

http://www.blitzbikes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BMW's trump Urals every time. I know Mike personally, and can vouch for his quality and overall "Good guy"-ness. You can get a CJ (Chinese BMW R71 copy) from him for $6k. MG34 mount is optional. =)

ETA: When I say "Copy" what I really mean is "In 1945 the russians disassembled and literally shipped, brick by brick, tool and die by tool and die, a BMW motorcycle factory to the Urals. In the 60's when Soviet tech caught up to 1930's German standards, they sold the factory, once again piece by piece, to the Chinese, who still make them today, but call them "Chang Jiang". I guess "Stolen Nazi War Prize Bikes" is harder to say in Chinese. On that note, do you notice any similarities between the Ural and the R71? 8)
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Czechnology wrote:http://www.blitzbikes.com/

BMW's trump Urals every time. I know Mike personally, and can vouch for his quality and overall "Good guy"-ness. You can get a CJ (Chinese BMW R71 copy) from him for $6k. MG34 mount is optional. =)
Thanks for that link, you just made my day.. My dream bike just became more of a reality at those prices! :D

The sidecar wheel is not driven like the Ural, and its 24hp vs 40, but I think I can get past that for $7K less.

congochris

Post by congochris » Sat May 21, 2011 12:26 am

offcamber wrote:

Thanks for that link, you just made my day.. My dream bike just became more of a reality at those prices! :D

The sidecar wheel is not driven like the Ural, and its 24hp vs 40, but I think I can get past that for $7K less.
Same here.. then I read the order process. :shock: Also: no title makes me a sad panda. Not even an MSO? Pretty much relegates it to an "eh, not in this lifetime" dream since CO requires you to get something appraised, and then post double the appraisal as a bond that you're not a crook. So the $4800 bike would cost me $15K or so when all was said and done. Might as well shoot for a Ural, get the two wheel drive and one of them there warranty things.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sat May 21, 2011 3:26 pm

offcamber wrote:

http://11thpanzer.com/dsp_Photos2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's several pics of Mike's CJ bikes in that album, and I can tell you flat out they can carry 5 full grown men in full battle rattle, because I've done it. :lol: If you talk to a WWII German reenactor on the east coast who has a non-original Wehrmacht motorcycle, he's got one of Mike's bikes.

ETA: Matter of fact, that's me in the sidecar:

RE: no title... That does suck, but it can be done in some states. I'm imagining WV is probably more lenient than CO.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

Vel454

Post by Vel454 » Sat May 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Unimog U5000. Can forde through 1.2m of water, climb and descend extremely steep terrain, tackle 3' tall boulders straight out of the factory, and haul I believe I read around 16000 lbs. 8 speed, offers an extremely torquey low-end gears numerically comparable to my F150 in 4-wheel low, yet still attain ~60 MPH. I've seen videos of them climbing straight up 4-5' tall concrete walls with little trouble, pull multiple other vehicles from a mud pit at the same time, etc.

They run off diesel so there would be a wider selection of fuel in an emergency situation, though the MPG would be an issue. I seen a rating for one of the smaller ones at about 12 MPG. They dont have huge engines or anything (I believe the U5000 has around a 4 litre engine), and a 36 gallon tank limiting their range a bit. (I was assuming around 7 mpg with the big guy and a full load) 7x36 = 252 miles of operation. In a BOV/PAW vehicle, I would consider that a serious handicap. So using the bed, I would add a custom large fuel cell (like 200 gallons) effectively extending the range to about 1650 miles. I would also want a generator, air compressor, welder and oxy/acetylene set up in the bed, with 2 spare tires either squished into the bed with everything else, or mounted on top some how (roll cage?)

I would have a trailer in tow, built almost exactly like the bed of the vehicle itself. (Cut another unimog in half maybe?) Trailer would be hauling Food, clothing, and all of the other essentials to set up my BOL once we arrived.

Oh, and it'd have to be Armored... :mrgreen:

Yeah, I'll probably never be able to afford it all. But hey, I'm lusting after it. :lol:
Aut vincere aut mori...
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...
Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.

AdLucem

Post by AdLucem » Sat May 21, 2011 6:34 pm

I would love a horse or two

The greatest change we need to make is from consumption to production, even if on a small scale, in our own gardens. If only 10% of us do this, there is enough for everyone. Hence the futility of revolutionaries who have no gardens, who depend on the very system they attack, and who produce words and bullets, not food and shelter - B. Mollison

Big D

Post by Big D » Sat May 21, 2011 11:02 pm

I would like to sink some money into my FJ and get a milsurp trailer for it. That or an armored diesel suburban.

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 am

Realistic vehicle? Unimog or Armore HMMWV are always top of the list
Unrealistic? i want a tank something diesel, low tech but still viable. T55 or T72, M60, etc maybe a heavy APC

practical? more gear for my F150. maybe change it out to a 250 or 350 diesel.

Fun? id love a BMW R75 or a remake to cruise around on
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun May 22, 2011 2:32 am

This is the way we are leaning right now:

It is a three year plan.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

WJ_Tardis
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by WJ_Tardis » Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 am

Toyota Hilux

I'm still alive, Just busy getting married.

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sun May 22, 2011 9:52 am

I got one of my big wishes. A garage!

Now I just need to figure out how to remove a 500lb roof.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun May 22, 2011 10:39 am

You have to set up a hoist and back in. Used to do the same thing with the Fiberglass top to my CJ7. I could physically lift the top and move it around (about 150 pounds) but it was so bulky it would crash into stuff if I did it myself.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Sun May 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Blacksmith wrote:You have to set up a hoist and back in. Used to do the same thing with the Fiberglass top to my CJ7. I could physically lift the top and move it around (about 150 pounds) but it was so bulky it would crash into stuff if I did it myself.
Unfortunately its not as easy with the FJ40.. there are support posts the go down into the body so the top has to be lifted significantly higher.

On my 76 I just used to disassemble the top into its 7 basic pieces (including amby doors) and stack them neatly against the garage wall during the summer months. I'd then assemble the soft top and run with that.

I wish I still had that rig it was one of the greatest BOV's evaar! Did a complete frame up resto on that bad boy.

Czech, yours is a beaut!

I'll see if I can dig up some old pics..

grand94jeep
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Zombie movies. Even the bad ones

Post by grand94jeep » Sun May 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Vel454 wrote:Image

Chuck Norris approved.

,=====o00o _
//___l__,\____\,__
l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
(o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
~Ronald Reagan~

Return to “Transportation”