The loss of the Ford Bronco...

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Bear_B

The loss of the Ford Bronco...

Post by Bear_B » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:44 pm

Am I the only one who grieves the loss of the old Ford Bronco? I always thought it was a GREAT vehicle...

Wish I had one... the Ford 302 was a great engine.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: The loss of the Ford Bronco...

Post by TDW586 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:45 pm

Bear_B wrote:Am I the only one who grieves the loss of the old Ford Bronco? I always thought it was a GREAT vehicle...

They're still quite availible, you know. New cars aren't all that exists.

They are great trucks, but, I'm a Chevy man, so I'd have to go with a K5 Blazer if I wanted a vehicle of that type.

Bear_B

Post by Bear_B » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:57 pm

The old K Frame Blazer is a kickass vehicle no doubt!

but, I'm a Chevy man
You work for Chevy?

BobDa

Post by BobDa » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:00 pm

I'm actually in the market now for a Ford Bronco. Even if they still made them I would rather have an older version myself. Older cars are easier to work on I think. And simplicity will be good in the PAW.

Nothing beats having an SUV and a Pickup in one vehicle. So far every one I've looked at have had over 120,000+ miles. So looks like I'm gonna have to rebuild the motor. Once I do that I think I'll know enough about in innards to rely on it as my PAW vehicle.

Besides, what looks more badass than a Bronco raised up, with big off road tires, spot lights, and a brushguard? Excluding Will's badass ZS truck.
in omnia paratus

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:19 pm

Bear_B wrote:You work for Chevy?
Just a figure of speech. Brand loyalty and family tradition.

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:25 pm

I greived at the loss of the Jeep Cherokee.
Psalm 27:1-5
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

Donny_Cash

Post by Donny_Cash » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:31 am

TDW586 wrote:
Bear_B wrote:Am I the only one who grieves the loss of the old Ford Bronco? I always thought it was a GREAT vehicle...

They're still quite availible, you know. New cars aren't all that exists.

They are great trucks, but, I'm a Chevy man, so I'd have to go with a K5 Blazer if I wanted a vehicle of that type.
Ditto, on all. I'm a Chevy guy also. But saddly I don't have a GM truck now, I have a Jeep now because I got a great deal on it. I prefer older iron over newer. I do own one Ford product now a 1969 Lin Continental Mark 3; it's a cool ride, it's not her fault she's a Ford! I think Ford's are a pain to work on myself.

Give any solid front axled 4x4 with Dana 60's, and I'm a happy guy
RIP hk33k

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:49 am

Donny_Cash wrote:Ditto, on all. I'm a Chevy guy also. But saddly I don't have a GM truck now, I have a Jeep now because I got a great deal on it. I prefer older iron over newer. I do own one Ford product now a 1969 Lin Continental Mark 3; it's a cool ride, it's not her fault she's a Ford! I think Ford's are a pain to work on myself.

Give any solid front axled 4x4 with Dana 60's, and I'm a happy guy

I have a weakness for Toyota pickups, personally, someday I'm going to build my dream Toyota. 40" IROK's and Dana 60 axles will be involved. :D

But as a daily driver, I far prefer full-size Chevy's.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:48 pm

Hey Donny, it's good to hear from another Lincoln fan on the board. While I consider my 4x4 Suburban the rig to be used to initially crush the walking dead, my black 71 Lincoln Coupe will be used to view the carnage I will leave behind me! :twisted:

Michael

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:52 pm

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:While I consider my 4x4 Suburban the rig to be used to initially crush the walking dead, my black 71 Lincoln Coupe will be used to view the carnage I will leave behind me! :twisted:

Michael
wow. Is that yours? That's a nice ride. It really needs a big ZS logo on the side and a gun turret on the roof then it would be complete. :)
Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

TDW586

Post by TDW586 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:19 pm

Nice, very nice, Urban Assault.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Guys, thank you for the nice comments about my car. The Linc is not even CLOSE to where I want it to look someday, but it is finally starting to run and sound good. Unfortunately, because it has a 460 Hi-Po it also gets maybe 8 or 9 miles a gallon :shock: ! And thats if I keep my leadfoot off the go-pedal. If I let her fly full throttle, I can actually SEE my gas gauge move towards empty! Expensive car to run, but it sure is fun pulling up next to a boring, generic econo-box vehicle at a stoplight, and having the driver start slobbering over your car. Of course, the reverse being true as well, I would probably give my firstborn to get his gas mileage with my Lincoln Coupe :( . I do wish you could hear my baby when she's just idling. Gives me goosebumps sometimes. I now have the irrational need to run out and start my car, just to hear it run. I will start building the turret tomorrow...

Michael

*Mike*

Post by *Mike* » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:31 pm

Yeah I'm sad because I have one that's dead sitting in my front driveway, and I wanted it, but I think it's too far gone.

Donny_Cash

Post by Donny_Cash » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:52 pm

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:Hey Donny, it's good to hear from another Lincoln fan on the board. While I consider my 4x4 Suburban the rig to be used to initially crush the walking dead, my black 71 Lincoln Coupe will be used to view the carnage I will leave behind me! :twisted:

Michael
Sweet '71, here's some pics of mine. Still bone stock, with original paint.
RIP hk33k

Bear_B

Post by Bear_B » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:19 pm

You guys have GOT to learn to size your photos... it does not help when all we can see is a friggen headlight!!!!

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:35 am

I thought my pics WERE sized correctly Bear. As for Donny, well it ain't his fault... he's trying to make that itty-bitty Mark III look BIGGER! :P I'm just jokin' Donny, I like Mark's well enough, but I love full-size Coupes. BTW, that is a VERY nice looking car, betcha it's much nicer looking close up than mine. I don't ever want my Linc to lose some of it's brutal, rough edges.

In my best James Earl Jones voice imititation..."And know this, you desperate survivors of a shattered Earth, all Zombies shall fear my long black metal beast, as it comes thundering out of the darkness to bring blessed relief to their cursed undead existence, so that they may finally receive peace thru superior octane."

I need another beer...

Michael

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:34 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/

Download the feature on the Toyota Hilux! Even the staff were amazed at how much it held up to their abuse.

By abuse, I mean: Running it into a tree, drowning it in sea water, setting it on fire, dropping an RV trailer on it, hitting it with a wrecking ball and putting it atop a building that was about to be demolished and it was fixed by just a mechanic with only basic tools and without spare parts. And it still ran.... :shock: 8)
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

Donny_Cash

Post by Donny_Cash » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:00 am

Bear_B wrote:You guys have GOT to learn to size your photos... it does not help when all we can see is a friggen headlight!!!!
Sorry man, :oops: I am not the most computer savy guy around.
RIP hk33k

concept2w

Post by concept2w » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:51 pm

Here's one cool bronco

with a 2.0-liter intercooled turbo diesel and nitrous oxyde.

Donny_Cash

Post by Donny_Cash » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:46 am

concept2w wrote:Here's one cool bronco

Hmmm...looks likes it's made for offroad. But, being it's a new truck. I doubt it can handle one afternoon in the mud.
RIP hk33k

BloodLust

Post by BloodLust » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:03 am

Donny_Cash wrote:

Hmmm...looks likes it's made for offroad. But, being it's a new truck. I doubt it can handle one afternoon in the mud.
2.0 liter engine? That's pretty small for a diesel.
Erik wrote:First of all, I doubt your body is a weapon and if you threatened me with your body, I'd pull out a real weapon and see which is more effective.
Bear_B wrote: I am not too worried about the bullet with my name on it... its the bullets flying around with question marks on them that worry me.

DevastatorIIC

Post by DevastatorIIC » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:51 am

http://www.truckworld.com/Industry-News ... oncept.jpg
I'm gunna cry... If I want a tonka, I'll buy a tonka.

Though... looking at it again, there's something I like about it.
I've got somethin' and it goes thumpin' like this
All you need is my uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn tiss

Badlands

Post by Badlands » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 am

Here's the Bronco I built from the ground up.

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:23 am

Unfortunately, there is no 'I'm drooling over your very kick-ass Bronco right now!' smilie.

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Return to “Transportation”