Project Pandora war bike

Discussions about the devices that supply a means for movement of people and goods.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Cadillac
Favorite Zombie Movies: The original George A. Romero movies, Resident Evil movies

Project Pandora war bike

Post by Cadillac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:51 pm

I've been working on this bike for a while now. So I'll post a few pictures through it's lifetime. It's a 1999 Harley Sportster 883c.

Day one: When my father bought it (and Identical to when I bought it from him):

The day I bought it from him after having been left out in the weather for a couple of years:

Shortly after getting it, when I thought I wanted to make it a mini bagger (Saddle bags, windshield, Road King air shocks):

Then I got bored of that, and started cutting:

Benjamin
ZSC:052 Chapter President

Cadillac
Favorite Zombie Movies: The original George A. Romero movies, Resident Evil movies

Re: Project Pandora war bike

Post by Cadillac » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

For some reason, two days after I put this solo seat on, I decided it was a great time to move from Road King air shocks, to Biltwell solid struts:

Do to that, I needed something to absorb the bumps a bit:

Then I needed some more light to see what was in front of me, so I upgraded to an 8" Fatboy Headlight:

Fast forward to today:

Took off the struts for the moment, wheel is hanging down. Going to be cutting the fender more and cutting the Fender Struts back. Going to be replacing the exhaust, and painting it desert tan in the coming months, as well as putting much more aggressive tires on it.

It's been a slow process, but it is slowly coming together.
Benjamin

Domindart
Favorite Zombie Movies: any

Post by Domindart » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Looks good
sig and a shotgun so far...

Cadillac

Post by Cadillac » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 pm

Cut the fender struts and fender down(more) today:

Plans for this winter include paint, new exhaust, new turn signals, and maybe a few other goodies.
Benjamin

MrBomb
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Night of the Living Dead, Walking Dead

Post by MrBomb » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Looking more like a custom/personalized bike now, turning out great. The best/worst part of customizing a bike, like anything else i guess, is that you are never done with it. There will always be a list of things you want to get done. Keep up the good work and keep us posted, I am interested to see where you will be taking it next.

Cadillac

Post by Cadillac » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:12 am

MrBomb wrote:Looking more like a custom/personalized bike now, turning out great. The best/worst part of customizing a bike, like anything else i guess, is that you are never done with it. There will always be a list of things you want to get done. Keep up the good work and keep us posted, I am interested to see where you will be taking it next.

This weekend I am going to drain the tank and mail it and the fender out to my uncle for paint (he owns his own body shop). I think we've decided on flat black with tan racing stripes. After that will be replacing the rear turn signals (I bought ebay bullets and you can't see them hardly at all), 2.5" tank lift, different exhaust, and fork boots. Then I should be happy for a little while, lol.
Benjamin

Return to “Transportation”